TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

OMG Terminator 4 is definetly going ahead

I just watched the trailer. The introduction of the music was pretty cool. And it looked interesting enough.

But that's an easy task. Broken camera + Bale voiceover + Terminator music = a good trailer. Still doesn't mean that the film is not being directed by McG. The man whose biggest claim to movie fame is Charlies Angles: Full Throtle.

However, isn't the timeline changed now that Loken killed all those top resistance people before hunting John? She dropped quite a few of the big dogs, I would think that would change the outcome. I really don't know, the more I think about it the more I realize it's just one big mess.

That was a sub-plot I didn't like as I had the exact same questions...she took out Kate's father and like 3 or 4 of John's top officers...so that's 5 of John's top people gone. You'd have to think Kate's dad would be a major player in setting up Tech-Comm. Apparently those people were expendable if he was still able to win the war?

I mean, it was interesting because it gave Loken some extra stuff to do, but it was an unnecessary plot device. Also, why didn't Arnie and Robert Patrick have to do that as well?

Yeah...because after Friday...no one will ever think of Christian Bale as a guy who can carry a huge budget summer blockbuster....

I think the teaser just peaked my interest. Alot.

I know TDK will be huge, but I'm still not convinced of Bale's drawing power outside of Batman. I wouldn't call Tobey Macguire or Kirsten Dunst huge box office stars either just because the spiderman movies made money.

I have no love for McG. What's up with that, anyway? The fuck kind of name is McG?

I would totally call you DubQ if we ever met.

..and I encourage it!

Actually, after getting off of my lazy internet ass I looked up McG, and it's short for McGuinty.. I guess since it makes sense then I can accept it, lol. Still no love for him though!! :P

Also, I realize my name is ridiculous. I was born Joseph McGinty Nichol. McG is short for McGinty. I have been called this since the day I was born to create separation from my Uncle Joe and Grandpa Joe. I realize it sounds like some Hollywood nickname, hip-hop choice. But the truth is, this is simply my name - for every day of elementary school, every zit-filled day of high school. I have been taking shit for it ever since. I get it, I would think it's lame too. But it's just a name, and to change it now would seem fraudulent.

Oh yeah, don't get too uptight about the prospect of the film being PG-13. We have entertained the idea of a PG-13 rating largely because Batman Begins, in my opinion, was made compromise-free. So we'll see. The movie comes first and it will be protected at all times…

By the way, there are only three people who know the ending.

The unknown future rolls toward us.

McG

I don't care if it's a nickname. My nicknames are luke-o and student.

But you won't see my films being "a LUKE-O film" or "a STUDENT film".

What a prick.

I mean, it was interesting because it gave Loken some extra stuff to do, but it was an unnecessary plot device. Also, why didn't Arnie and Robert Patrick have to do that as well?

The machines had information about John Connor in those movies though. They knew his mom's name was Sahra, so Arnold went and killed women with that name. Later, the machines knew he lived in L.A. somewhere, so they sent Patrick to kill him. By the 3rd movie, John pretty much wiped out his existince, not having any records to track him with.

right, but it does actually make sense from a "just in case" standpoint, to take out all of his top soldiers while you're at it. Can't find John? Take out his support instead. Still an unnecessary plot device, though.

You know what name that used to always bother me? CCH Pounder. They usually don't put periods in there for her credits, so for years I always wondered how the fuck you were supposed to pronounce that. Like "Cheech Pounder?" :lol: Thank god for Wikipedia setting me on the straight and narrow.

Shouldn't Arnold, technically at SOME POINT show up in one or two of the three movies anyway? What about Robert Patrick and Kristanna Lokin? What is this new triology supposed to cover exactly? The war itself? Events leading up to the original trilogy?

They have recast The Role of the T-800 with Austrian body builder Roland Kickinger, who actually played Schwarzenegger in the 2005 A&E biopic See Arnold Run. His filmography also includes includes Lethal Weapon 4 and Son of the Beach

http://www.clintonnewsrecord.com/ArticleDi....aspx?e=1117058

'Terminator' actor visits Goderich area

Glance at Roland Kickinger’s muscle-bound frame and engage him in conversation, and it’s difficult not to conjure images of another Austrian native, who for the time being is better-known.

Kickinger, born in 1968 in Vienna before moving to the United States 13 years ago, has a background, vocal fingerprint and resumé that bear at least superficial similarity to those of Arnold Schwarzenegger. This is perhaps no coincidence.

Both are former bodybuilders who took to the sport at an early age and ended up winning the vaunted Mr. Universe competition. Both turned to acting and made it a passion.

Both carry an accent that hints of the old country, and by 2009, both will have played important roles in Terminator films (Kickinger will play T-800 in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, due out next year).

Perhaps it is too much to say that Kickinger has moulded himself in the Governator’s image, but he readily admits Schwarzenegger is a significant influence.

“He was a great mentor,” said Kickinger during a recent visit to the Goderich area. “I had several mentors, but Arnold, obviously from Austria and … a bodybuilder turning to movies … he’s definitely an amazing inspiration.”

The two trained together for a while, Kickinger said, and he found the elder Austrian to be an inspirational figure.

“He’s like anybody else – nice, kind, nothing like you would think of someone on his level,” Kickinger said.

“Very down to earth, I would say, and that makes him very likeable and approachable. Everybody can just come up and talk to him. He’s always him, you know? He never changes or does something different.”

Like Schwarzenegger, Kickinger has ties to bodybuilding icon Joe Weider, and struggled during his early days in America.

According to the biography posted on Kickinger.com, Roland initially lived in his car, earning money by posing for pictures with patrons at California’s Venice Beach, working as a personal trainer and – of all things – painting numbers on the tops of commercial buildings.

“In Venice Beach, there’s so many incidents,” he said. “Every night there were helicopters flying around and gang activity and so forth.

“I figured, being in a helicopter, you sometimes don’t know where you’re at unless you see the house numbers on the roof painted on, it gives you more orientation …

“So I figured it would be a really good idea just to paint the numbers on the roof. Nobody really would see it, and it would help the helicopters.”

As Kickinger said earlier in an interview, all is not glitz and glamour for new immigrants to the United States, but eventually doors began to open.

After a number of non-recurring T.V. parts, he landed a role on “Son of the Beach,” a “Baywatch” parody that aired on the cable channel FX.

Kickinger appeared in 42 episodes as Chip Rommel, a character Kickinger.com describes as a “body building hunk.”

In years since, he has appeared on the CBS sitcom “The King of Queens,” and recently filmed an appearance on ABC’s “According to Jim.”

He also played Schwarzenegger in the 2005 bio-pic See Arnold Run, which aired on the A&E Network. This month, however, Kickinger begins filming what is likely the role of his life to date, as his portion of Terminator Salvation begins to take shape.

“There’s a very strong scene in the film where John Connor for the first time meets the Terminator, and he doesn’t know if he’s a good guy or a bad guy,” said Kickinger.

“It’s Arnold’s character in the first Terminator. That’s basically my role, but 20 years before, so it establishes how the Terminator [came] about.”

Schwarzenegger, “20 years before,” is roughly how Hollywood has seen Kickinger to date. Time will tell if the protege remains in his mentor’s hulking shadow, or manages to emerge.

rkdp4.jpg

Besides cloning Arnie I don't see how they could do a better job of casting this role.

Agreed, and frankly... Arnold is way too old to be reprising this role and it's not like the robots age. I really think using stock footage would be tres lame, so this is the best possible route, IMO.

What a prick.

Actually, that might work.

Saw the trailer for Terminator 4 the other night...I let out a loud groan.

What a prick.

Actually, that might work.

Christ no, I wouldn't want to be assoisated with Student films. Bloody students.

so this is a T-1000000, introduced in the Terminator 2 3-D show at Universal studios back in the 90s...supposedly there was only one in existence and it's purpose was basically as the last guardian of Skynet's main core CPU...what do you guys think, could you see it working in say part 3 of this new trilogy or it a bit too much?

tonemillion.jpg

demott02.gif

It'd make a cool final boss for a video game, anyway...apparently it's made up of the same liquid metal as the T-1000, but with various improvements here and there...size being the most obvious.

It almost looks like that thing that pops up behind Conner in the last second of the trailer. TBT, I didn't get a good look at it though..

It almost looks like that thing that pops up behind Conner in the last second of the trailer. TBT, I didn't get a good look at it though..

I'm almost positive that was just one of those flying ones that chased him down the hall in 3.

Dumb article...the Spider-Man theme is pretty catchy, actually. I can hum it right now and I haven't watched the movies in over a year.

I was thinking the same thing.

"He doesn't know how to work with actors!" "I'm not walking on this set if you're still hired!" Bale's a fucking bitch.

Guest Smues

I must just not understand acting because if it were me I would think "Dude we can't do the scene right if you do that. Please knock it off. Thanks" would be a lot quicker and more productive than a four minute tirade. But what do I know?