TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 5/28 - 6/3

McCarver is such an idiot hahaha.

"Pinero knew EXACTLY off the bat where it was going."

Then they show the replay, Pinero falls, and looks around in about 5 different directions before finally seeing where the ball went.

If Jeter didn't waste time with that pointless twirl, Mientkewicz wouldn't have just gotten KTFO by Lowell's thigh.

Geez. Poor Proctor. Hopefully these guys chip in for his Tommy John surgery because they can't get him out of an inning.

It wasn't Jeter's fault!!!!!! It never is!

I KNOW HES THE CAPTAIN OH CAPTAIN MAN!!@#)$#RJf

The boot was, don't worry.

Yeah. If A-Rod did it, he would've been shit on. Because they're fucking playing in Boston. If they were playing in New York, Lowell would've been shit on. Life sucks.

By the way- I know it's a contract year, but tell Mike Lowell he was a throw-in on the Beckett deal now.

Yeah. If A-Rod did it, he would've been shit on. Because they're fucking playing in Boston. If they were playing in New York, Lowell would've been shit on. Life sucks.

By the way- I know it's a contract year, but tell Mike Lowell he was a throw-in on the Beckett deal now.

No A-Rod would've been shat on for the next 20 days or so by everybody.

I think the New York media probably would shit on ARod for 20 days. They really do have it out for him. As merciless as the Boston media can be, they've let people get away with lots of bullshit.

Remember last year when Lowell started out tearing the tits off the ball and ended up falling off in the second half?

2006 Before ASB: .307/.359/.516

2006 After ASB: .257/.315/.424

He's a fast starter. He's going to fall off again. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving him now, but we won't be in a few months.

I think the New York media probably would shit on ARod for 20 days. They really do have it out for him. As merciless as the Boston media can be, they've let people get away with lots of bullshit.

The New York media has to but for some reason, very few people here like A-Rod.

And also Lowell is having a great year, but what about Dustin Pedroia. He's like a younger Mark Loretta.

Remember last year when Lowell started out tearing the tits off the ball and ended up falling off in the second half?

2006 Before ASB: .307/.359/.516

2006 After ASB: .257/.315/.424

He's a fast starter. He's going to fall off again. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving him now, but we won't be in a few months.

Yes, I do realize that. Hopefully Youk/Lowell can help carry the load the first half and let Lugo/Drew carry the second half.

Pedroia has been a pleasant surprise this past month.

Is there any chance in hell that A-Rod stays in NY after this year?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2891875

The percentage of African-Americans playing Major League Baseball is at an all-time low and Gary Sheffield says he has a theory why that's the case.

In an interview with GQ magazine that's currently on newsstands, the typically outspoken Tigers designated hitter said Latin players have replaced African-Americans as baseball's most prevalent minority because they are easier to control.

"I called it years ago. What I called is that you're going to see more black faces, but there ain't no English going to be coming out. … [it's about] being able to tell [Latin players] what to do -- being able to control them," he told the magazine.

"Where I'm from, you can't control us. You might get a guy to do it that way for a while because he wants to benefit, but in the end, he is going to go back to being who he is. And that's a person that you're going to talk to with respect, you're going to talk to like a man.

"These are the things my race demands. So, if you're equally good as this Latin player, guess who's going to get sent home? I know a lot of players that are home now can outplay a lot of these guys."

:lol:

So, is that more offensive to white people or Latin Americans?

Lou Piniella is suspended 'indefinitely' by MLB for kicking/kicking dirt on Mark Wegner yesterday. Damn...that's kinda harsh.

Guest Smues
So, is that more offensive to white people or Latin Americans?

Lou Piniella is suspended 'indefinitely' by MLB for kicking/kicking dirt on Mark Wegner yesterday. Damn...that's kinda harsh.

However long 'indefinitely' lasts, he earned it.

Guest George's Box
The percentage of African-Americans playing Major League Baseball is at an all-time low and Gary Sheffield says he has a theory why that's the case.

In an interview with GQ magazine that's currently on newsstands, the typically outspoken Tigers designated hitter said Latin players have replaced African-Americans as baseball's most prevalent minority because they are easier to control.

Yeah, totally. Carlos Zambrano is putty in my hands. I guess Derrek Lee is an Uncle Tom, then. Bummer.

However long 'indefinitely' lasts, he earned it.

Wrong. That's no more than one game. He didn't kick the umpire. He kicked dirt on him, yes, but he didn't kick him. Don't you think that if he got kicked in the shin, you'd notice the kick and ensuing reaction that one has when some crazy old man kicks you in the shin with spikes on? That fat fuck Froemming is at it again. Chow down a few more brats next time you're back home in Wisconsin; maybe the next one will be the one that gets you.

VICTORINO~!

On Shane Victorino hula-figurine day, Shane hits the game-winning home run.

I loved Benjie Molina's reaction on Howard's HR. I've gotta think that pitcher didn't appreciate it, though.

Johnny Damon's taking fielding practice at 1st right now, being coached by Mattingly.

This has potential for comedy.

VICTORINO~!

On Shane Victorino hula-figurine day, Shane hits the game-winning home run.

I loved Benjie Molina's reaction on Howard's HR. I've gotta think that pitcher didn't appreciate it, though.

I've never seen that before. Pure reaction, and it turn turn a two-run lead into a one-run deficit for the Giants.

Pedroia has an OPS+ of 135, which Mark Loretta only accomplished once in his entire career (136 in 2004) and this is after his abysmal month of April. He's also a far superior defender than Loretta who has no range at all.

It's a small sample size, so I'm not ready to compare them to any large degree. But 2007 Pedroia is much better than anything I've seen out of Loretta.