TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Offseason - 2007

He's certainly an upgrade to the Oilers' man-advantage, a dismal 14.7 last year (27th). A bit of leadership isn't going to hurt either on a fairly rag-tag blueline, especially with Smith leaving.

Better Russia than Montreal.

Is anyone surprised that Souray has not signed with anyone yet? I thought he'll be signed within the first week.

He just signed with the Oilers. Terms of the deal not disclosed yet but it is rumoured to be 5 years, 27 million. I didn't really want this guy but anything is an upgrade at this point.

Yay! We get another version of Marc-Andre Bergeron for this upcoming season. I wonder how long it'll take Oiler fans to turn on him after they see him make some bonehead plays.

I like the new logos for all of the teams that have released them so far.

Didn't think they could improve on the Sharks logo, but they have.

The Logo is nice, but they'll still fuck up on the jersey some how.

Apparently Toronto is getting a significant change to their uni's.

That was directed at CzechDot or whatever he's calling himself this week.

And I have half a mind to put you on ignore for showing that awful jersey.

Dear god, who approved of that? Poor Martin St Louis, he'll look like a cartoon character.

That's not the new jersey. That's an old one that they wore not long after their inception.

No, that's an alternate they used a few years ago.

It's funny, if you look at the first 6 or 7 years of that franchise. The uniforms were pretty much always the same, but they were constantly changing the font they used for the players' names and numbers.

Montreal, Rangers, Detroit, and maybe Chicago are really the only jerseys that they have to leave alone. Toronto has undergone a bunch of changes already, so another one wouldn't be that big of a deal. Bostons new jersey looks kinda retro so I'm cool with that.

Clearly a cap move for Ottawa, as I can't think of any other reason to make a trade like this. Donovan will probably be a fourth-liner on nights when he's not in the press box. Schaefer was completely invisible in the playoffs, so that's not too great a loss.

Hey, my grandfather said during beers on Monday that he thinks this is the Leafs year. The only year I've ever not heard him say this since 1989 (!) was last season. Hell, I was on board for a while, I did a column in college about how I thought it was Toronto's year....and this was before Nolan, Wesley, Gilmour came back.

Oddly enough, I think Toronto are going to show that they're a Cup contender this year. I think Vancouver are going to win the Cup.