TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Offseason - 2007

Philly is still not going to make into the playoffs. Their defence is in need of a huge upgrade and their offense isn't that strong. Briere isn't playing with the same type of players he was in Buffalo. He's not going to make them better, instead the players are going to make him worse.

You're nuts.

Timonen, Hatcher, Coburn, Parent, Smith and Gauthier is a good enough d. Their offense consists of Hartnell, Briere, Gagne, Jeff Carter, Umberger, Mike Richards and Kapanen among a few others. They're in great shape.

The Oilers thought they had Michael Nylander. They were wrong, and caught with their dick in their hands again. He signed with the Caps.

The Oilers thought they had Michael Nylander. They were wrong, and caught with their dick in their hands again. He signed with the Caps.

The Oil are hilarious. First they trade their captain for nothing, then Ryan Smyth signs with division rival Colorado, then they lose out for a second tier free agent. Too funny.

Timonen, Hatcher, Coburn, Parent, Smith and Gauthier is a good enough d. Their offense consists of Hartnell, Briere, Gagne, Jeff Carter, Umberger, Mike Richards and Kapanen among a few others. They're in great shape.

Kukkonen was also very solid after the deadline last season, at least Kyle Calder proved to be worth something to Philly. Assuming going into this season he is a third pairing D (Timonen/Smith, Coburn/Hatcher, Kukkonen/Picard-Gauthier [Parent if he is ready but I doubt it yet]), instead of being force fed minutes 1st or 2nd pairing minutes due to being partnered with Pitkanen, he should be more than enough.

We signed Tom Priessing, which was undoubtedly the biggest HELL YEAH moment I've had as a Kings fan for a while. I love that guy.

Good for him. I knew he wasn't coming back; his asking price was too high.

It'll be interesting to see what he does with top-4 minutes, though (at least, I'm assuming they signed him as a top-4 defenceman). He was sixth on the depth chart here last season.

It depends on what Lombardi does with Stuart and Souray, but he'll be the 4th guy. If we play him with Visnovsky, it would be great. If we sign another guy, he'll go in the 5th spot.

4 years at 11 million for Priessing.

When did LA get Souray?

Anyways, Robert Lang signed with the Blackhawks with a two year deal. Terms not disclosed.

The Kings went nuts and signed Handzus (my favorite player), Calder and Nagy.

I'm fuckin' excited.

I like Hamrlik coming to town, even if it does punch Souray's ticket from town (although I had pretty well come to terms with that). There's no replacing his 25 goals on the powerplay, but last season, the two were 47 points apart on the plus/minus scale. That makes things look up.

Back on board, King?

Oh yes. Just wait until the Kings get a goalie. I think this is a playoff team now, but if we get a goalie, look out NHL.

Garon will carry LA next year. There is no need for a goalie.

Bertuzzi is in Anaheim, Smolinski to Montreal, Owen Nolan signed with Calgary, Bonk in Nashville...

no one has signed Souray, Stuart and Robidas which are the top three defencemen left in the FA

Ouch for the Red Wings not getting Bertuzzi, but I suppose Anaheim was willing to pay for the risk and Detroit wasn't. If he pays off, Burke is going to look even smarter than normal and Anaheim have a serious physical force and scoring power in their front ranks. If it doesn't, I'm sure they'll deal fine.

Are there any quality power forwards out there right now? That's one of the things the Wings really need right now, but I can't think of any offhand on the market.

Holy Crap, the Kings make it so King can't cry anymore. :P No huge hirings, but a bunch of mid-range ones, and quality ones at that. Calder showed some glimpses of goodness with the Wings, so good luck with him. Man, the Wings sold every free agent they had to Southern California, didn't they?

I want the Leafs to sign Brad Stuart. Then they can trade McCabe for another forward. Kubina can fill in on the PP for McCabe. It's not that hard to stand there and blast one-timers off beautiful, feathery Kaberle passes anyway.

Garon will carry LA next year. There is no need for a goalie.

Our GM hates Garon. But Eklund says that we like Hasek, not that I believe it.. The Kings are way close to getting Stuart, per TSN.

I don't blame Star Ocean. It would be really hard to root for Bertuzzi.

I overreacted yesterday. I should have listened when Lombardi said that we were going to look for high character players, that are willing to play with young guys on the cheap and grow with them. I also should have listened when he said he was going to sign 27-32 year olds that will help our team grow and be around when it's time to lift the Cup. The Handzus signing made me freak. I love him.

Can't root for Bertuzzi. Goodbye, all.

You share the same feelings as much as the Ducks boards. I for one am aware of what Bertuzzi did, but I also remember how Kings fans were when we initially shipped Peja for the Tru-Warrior and the 180 fans did when they made the playoffs 2 years ago, so I welcome him to Anaheim and hope he doesn't prove me wrong.

And in Nashville, Kimmo Timonen's replacement is... Greg De Vries. 2 years, 5 million dollars. To recap, Nashville have lost Scott Hartnell, Kimmo Timonen, Paul Kariya and Tomas Vokoun, and thus far have replaced them with Greg De Vries and Radek Bonk. On the plus side, this year Chris Mason gets to play a whole lot more. If they weren't in a division with St. Louis, Columbus, and Chicago, I'd be very worried about this upcoming season.

Looks like the Canadiens will have an interesting mix of young and old blood next year.

Also, does anyone know if any of the 13 players the Canadiens extended qualifying offers to signed them? Can't find anything saying if they did or didn't

Oh yes. Just wait until the Kings get a goalie. I think this is a playoff team now, but if we get a goalie, look out NHL.

How many goalies are available, though? Well, besides Martin Gerber, anyway. He's very available.

Aebescheir and Halak are available.

I know Higgins, Komisarek and Plekanec have signed, and Perezoghin jumped to Russia. I'll be happy if Kyle Chipchura and the Kotsistyn brothers play next year.

How many goalies are available, though? Well, besides Martin Gerber, anyway. He's very available.

I'm sure that goalies like Toivonen and Niittymaki are available, considering the acquisitions that were made by the Flyers and Bruins over the past 6 months.

Question for someone who knows more than I do: Is there any reason the Rangers wouldn't try and give Lundqvist a big extension right now so as to completely avoid the problem of him being an RFA next season?