TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Offseason - 2007

There was an article wondering if John Muckler should go after Yashin, to which I forcefully replied, "Fuck no, and fire his ass if he does."

I'd like to see this article (not that I don't believe you). Who in the right mind would think Muckler would want anything to do with Yashin? And while we're at it, what makes anyone think Yashin wants to be anywhere near Ottawa again?

I think the Bruins are so desparate to find some semblance of scoring that they might take a look at Ya$hin on a one-year, relatively cheap contract.

I hope Kobasew isn't going to be relied upon for scoring, Kessel had a promising rookie year, but Lewis is likely going to stick with his "Mark Mowers = GREAT" bullshit again next season, leaving:

Sturm-Savard-Murray

Kessel-Bergeron-Kobasew

Axelsson-Mowers-Donovan

?-?-Chistov

for offense? I don't buy it. They need something legitimate for Bergeron to center. I'm not saying Ya$hin will provide that, but he might be worth a look if he's looking to stay in the east and not end up with savages like the Kings.

There was an article wondering if John Muckler should go after Yashin, to which I forcefully replied, "Fuck no, and fire his ass if he does."

I'd like to see this article (not that I don't believe you). Who in the right mind would think Muckler would want anything to do with Yashin? And while we're at it, what makes anyone think Yashin wants to be anywhere near Ottawa again?

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2...241376-sun.html

Reading it again, it's more Yashin's slimeball agent saying he'd love for Yashin to come back to Ottawa.

Samsonov is making 3.5 million.

I only say that I would sort of like Yashin to come to the Kings so that we can spend money on improving our goaltending and defense instead of adding an expensive offensive player when we soon will have many offensive players that will be in line for big bucks.

Yashin will play hard if he's not getting paid a lot of money, so that he can be in line for some big money from someone crazy enough to give it to him.

How much is he making? If it's less than oh, 5.75 million, we'll give you McCabe for him.

God help me, but with Souray potentially gone, that doesn't sound that bad.

Dreger was talking about him on tsn.ca earlier. Says he'll waive it to go to Long Island (the fuck?). Who's he buddies with that play there? I don't think it's the noted repuation of how well-run the organization is that attracted him there.

Pretty good crop of potential UFA's. Here's a list

Dreger was talking about him on tsn.ca earlier. Says he'll waive it to go to Long Island (the fuck?). Who's he buddies with that play there? I don't think it's the noted repuation of how well-run the organization is that attracted him there.

If that's the same article I was reading earlier, he mentions that Wade Redden wouldn't mind going to Alberta. Kevin Lowe needs to make it happen, even if he is over 6 million a year.

If that's the same article I was reading earlier, he mentions that Wade Redden wouldn't mind going to Alberta. Kevin Lowe needs to make it happen, even if he is over 6 million a year.

After what I saw in the playoffs, and assuming he wasn't injured, that might be a good idea from this end also. There were too many nights when Redden was one of the worst players on the ice.

I think that might be where his wife's from. The Leafs won't trade him, anyway. He's overpaid, but who would replace him on the powerplay?

That sounds familiar now that you mention it.

While I'm not entirely undermining how valuable McCabe is to the powerplay, it seemed to me that the a guy like Greg de Vries or Teppo Nummenin could be as important as Kaberle is to the Leafs. Their defence is pretty thin after McCabe/Kaberle, and a stay-at-home guy would be more beneificial then a player who only scores on the man-advantage.

It's easy to overlook that Peca, an underrated two-way player, was hurt all year, although he's also a UFA.

I think Chiarelli makes a big push for Hartnell. The Bruins need a gritty player who can score. Even though Hartnell's career high is 25 goals, his 22 goals last year would have tied him for third on the Bruins. And with such offensive heavyweights as Petr Tenkrat, Jeff Hoggan and Brandon Bochenski as UFA's, the Bruins are going to have to replace that offensive firepower (22 goals between all three of them) with something. And having a guy who isn't afraid to play the corners isn't a bad thing.

Sundin signed a one year extension worth 5.5 million.

A high price for one year and possibly a trade bait for next year.

Also Chris Chelios has signed on for one more year with the Wings. Terms were not disclosed.