TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Mr. McMahon "dead" - Now for the "whodunit" angle.

In the current WON, Meltz reported that indeed Vince was going to "stage his own death" but with an accomplice that helped him, which was, at the time it was dropped, going to be Kennedy.

Other tidbits from the newsletter about the angle......

Vince thought the angle was so hot, it was going to be the next big thing and really change the business significantly.

At some point in the planning/laying out of the angle, Vince was going to milk it for TWO YEARS until he returned.

No Vince on TV for two years?

How would he last since he can hardly stay off TV for a month?

He has taken long sabbaticals before, although not as far as two years.

I got the I DID IT (RIP Mr. McMahon) shirt on shopzone right before they pulled it- I had to order during the Benoit RAW. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it.

Here's a question to ponder. How long will Vince keep himself off TV? And further, what sort of possible angle can they do to explain his return? I honestly have no idea how they do it unless they simply ignore the entire limo angle as if it never happened. Retcon it from continuity.

Vince will probably stay off TV (Character wise) for a few months maybe. There will probably be no reference to the angle as he already set the record straight on the Benoit Tribute RAW. When he comes back it will be buisness as usual.

It would be nice if they could just do away with having Vince on as a regular character. He should be like Jack Tunney or Gorilla Monsoon in the WWF era, and only come out for really huge decisions or announcements, and not do too many angles anymore. Maybe ego-wise, he couldn't take it, but really, the character has been on TV for the better part of ten years (not counting his years as an announcer prior). If he really wants to move forward, it's time for some new kind of crutch for the writers.

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but I found this on a SK rant:

Speaking of Tugboat, since the angle is dead and buried now I can reveal that Dusty Rhodes tried hard to have Shockmaster be the mastermind behind Vince McMahon’s attempted murder, which I guarantee would have been better than whatever the eventual payoff would have been.

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but I found this on a SK rant:

Speaking of Tugboat, since the angle is dead and buried now I can reveal that Dusty Rhodes tried hard to have Shockmaster be the mastermind behind Vince McMahon’s attempted murder, which I guarantee would have been better than whatever the eventual payoff would have been.

how many fans even remember the shockmaster debacle????

It would be nice if they could just do away with having Vince on as a regular character. He should be like Jack Tunney or Gorilla Monsoon in the WWF era, and only come out for really huge decisions or announcements

Isn't that Linda's role?

how many fans even remember the shockmaster debacle????

For those who've never seen it: