TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Mr. McMahon "dead" - Now for the "whodunit" angle.

I wasn't going to start a topic like this, but after reading the following press release from WWE I figured I might as well since this might be going on for quite a while. It looks like they're going to go full force with the "whodunit" angle, so expect to see lots of Shane and Steph on TV very soon. I like how they flat out compare this to The Sopranos:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BLOWN AWAY

Who Blew Up WWE® Chairman Mr. McMahon?

STAMFORD, Conn., June 12, 2007 – While some might say “The Sopranos” went out with a whimper, last night on USA Network, WWE’s “Monday Night RAW®” went out with a bang. At the end of his self-anointed “Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night,” WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon entered his limousine when it suddenly exploded. The shocking ending raised a myriad of questions: How could Mr. McMahon have survived the fiery explosion? And who could’ve committed such a heinous act?

Although full details have not been disclosed, initial reports indicate that Mr. McMahon is presumed dead. An official investigation into Monday night’s events is currently underway with no one being ruled out as a suspect. Throughout the night, people from Mr. McMahon’s past - from Donald Trump to Snoop Dogg to Bob Costas to Stone Cold Steve Austin™ - had less than flattering things to say about the WWE Chairman, but would any go so far as to actually blow him up? The question of “whodunit,” as well as the fate of Mr. McMahon, will be on everyone’s minds as the WWE saga continues on “Monday Night RAW” on USA (9 p.m. ET/8C).

Log on to wwe.com for the latest news on Mr. McMahon. Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) can be found at corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

I'll go ahead and go on record and say that I think that in the end, it'll be revealed that Vince faked his own death because he was pissed that people didn't seem to appreciate him anymore, so through this he hopes to show people just how it would be with him really gone. That seems like the most likely resolution to this to me. Consider this the general thread for this topic, as the angle plays out.

"It`s me Austin, it was me all along Austin!~"

Actually I`m quite glad they`ll explore the “whodunit” angle. It should make for some interesting television if done correctly. My main suspects would have to be either Vince himself or Triple H.

I know I'll be slated for even suggesting this, but the best way of killing off the Mr McMahon character would be by admitting the even that sparked it was a work - ie the Montreal Screwjob.

Survivor Series will be 10 years after the event, so keep McMahon away until then and go for it.

Then he gets to swell his ego by trying to secure his legacy before he disappears off our screens.

Guest Jacob Cross

Coach did it! Did you see how he redirected Vince towards that limo!!

Was anyone there live? Was there really a "hush" over the crowd when it happened?

I have no idea what they are going for with all of this, as we all know Vince will be back on TV by SummerSlam. It just makes Pro Wrestling look even more like a joke.

Oh, and it was George Zahorian.

Even though it takes a long time, everyone MUST read the comments to the youtube video before it gets taken down. There are countless people arguing that it is REAL! Get over there quick.

After watching that video again..who were the two guys sitting outside the door? Vince kept turning around and looking at them somewhat suspiciously.

I thought the guy in the hat looked like Trevor Murdoch, so I assumed it was Cade and Murdoch, but I could be wrong.

My guess, as i noted in the raw thread, is that eventually mcmahon will come out and say he staged it all for some reason or another. If they follow completely through with the who done it angle, then short of mcmahon looking like a roasted hotdog, its not going to be believable (not that it is believable in the least anyway). But if they are going to actually try to give someone a push by trying to murder him, vince can't come out of the explosion with no scars. And i just dont think vince would want to have to put on tons of makeup or whatever they use to make someone appear to be burned, every single time for the rest of his days on TV. Nevermind the fact who ever it "really was" would be arrested. So for that reason, i think after a long absence, he is going to admit he staged it.