TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 6/21 Impact Thread

Preview:

slamaftermathspike.jpg

This Thursday night, TNA Wrestling “iMPACT!” returns to SpikeTV with the aftermath of the “Slammiversary” Pay-Per-View event as TNA begins the road to the July “Victory Road” spectacular! The following is a preview of what you’ll see on the broadcast:

NEW TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION KURT ANGLE TO APPEAR ON “iMPACT!”

On Sunday night, Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle won the King Of The Mountain match to become the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion. The newly crowned titleholder is scheduled to appear this Thursday night on SpikeTV at 9pm! Who will challenge Angle for the World Title at July’s “Victory Road” Pay-Per-View? Thanks to Jim Cornette, we’re about to find out!

TNA MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR JIM CORNETTE TO MAKE A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING JULY’S VICTORY ROAD!

TNAwrestling.com has learned that this Thursday night on SpikeTV, TNA Management Director Jim Cornette plans to make a huge announcement regarding the main event of the July “Victory Road” Pay-Per-View spectacular. According to sources, Cornette will introduce a “new concept” for the main event and has informed all four TNA champions – World Champion Kurt Angle, Tag Team Champions Team 3D and X Champion “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal – that they are expected to be on hand for the announcement. What plans does Cornette have planned for the main event at “Victory Road” on Sunday, July 15? Tune in this Thursday night on SpikeTV to find out!

TAG TEAM MATCH: “THE WAR MACHINE” RHINO & ERIC YOUNG VS. ROBERT ROODE & “COWBOY” JAMES STORM

Also signed for this Thursday night is a tag team bout featuring Rhino teaming up with the newly-freed Eric Young to take on Eric’s former boss Robert Roode along with “Cowboy” James Storm. Will Roode take out his frustrations on Young after losing to him at Slammiversary? Will Rhino GORE his way past Roode and Storm in this tag team bout? Watch it unfold this Thursday night on SpikeTV!

”WILDCAT” CHRIS HARRIS VS. RAVEN OF SEROTONIN

It will be a big test for “Wildcat” Chris Harris this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” as he’s scheduled to face off against former World Champion and the leader of Serotonin – Raven! After his tremendous effort during the King Of The Mountain Match on Sunday, can Harris continue to climb the ladder to the World Title in TNA or will Raven and his army stop the Wildcat’s momentum? Tune in and find out!

Plus, you’ll see exclusive footage from Sunday’s Slammiversary as well as appearances by your favorite TNA superstars including new X Division Champion “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal, TNA World Tag Team Champions Team 3D, Christian Cage, AJ Styles, Abyss, the TNA Knockout babes and many more!

Discuss...

I watched Slammiversary the other day and it was really good despite looking bad on paper. I'm really hoping for a solid Impact. I avoided reading the spoilers for the first time in months.

I'm really liking this match of champions.

And LMAO at Angle raising his hand when Cornette asked if anyone had any questions.

LMAO again at Bubba wearing Lethal's hat.

I guess Angle is officially a heel.

Man... I hope Lethal pins Sabin. Otherwise, he's fucked.

I don't see Lethal as being in a PPV main event, but stranger things have happened. I just hope he doesn't drop the title already.

I like Raven, but given their current positions on the card, Chris Harris should not need help beating Raven.

That, and I have no idea where this on and off Serotonin storyline is going.

I can dig a Christian/Chris Harris feud. I think they'd work well together. But his beatdown segment with Abyss didn't have nearly the heat that it should have for what's supposed to be a top long-term program.

That was a good show. I like Joe being in the match of champions and I'm glad Lethal was not pinned, but that sucks that he held the title for a grand total of 2 days (4 if you go by airdates).

Yeah, at least they could have had the Sabin/Shelley involved in the decision to give him something to do going forward. I'm sure next month we'll get Dutt/Lethal vs the Guns anyway, but still...

Oh goodie, soon they will have Joe and Angle with all the belts. What is this, the 2 man power trip? Does TNA not realize that angle basically wrecked the WWF's business in 2001? Actually it at least makes some sort of sense with Joe and Angle though.

Joe needs to play more of a clear cut face in this storyline, since he's not very sympathetic right now yelling at a poor interviewer chick and all that. I almost think this would work better if they had a clear cut face guy to main event (ahem RVD) and then have Joe as a tweener and Angle the heel.

i dont know why though TNA has a habit of hotshotting the X-Division title often, they did it to Sabin awhile back and they did it to Lethal and after he busted his BUTT to get it, but in the same turn i can understand why in this situation, honestly i dont think Joe Q Average would take Lethal as a serious main event player at this point, although i disliked the short matches but next week will more then make up for it

I hate when Joe wrestles X-Division guys. He usually completely squashes them and makes them look horrible. It looked like Sabin and Lethal combined couldn't beat Joe. Same thing used to happen when he would wrestle AJ and Daniels even when they were faces and Joe was a heel.

Despite how horrible the spoilers looked on paper, the show was pretty good.

Angle was really good in his speech, just like the old Angle.

Joe winning the title is pretty bad, but at least he didn't pin Lethal.

I can see Harris being the first person to pin Christian, in an atempt to really put him over in the main event scene. I'd like for them to do the same sort of thing for Storm.

And is it just me, or is Raven starting to look in good shape again? I know he's not at his physical peek, but he's looking better than he did during his fued with Larry Z. He just needs to get rid of the blonde hair, it makes him look really ill.

Forget Vince faking his own death. Jarrett exploiting his wifes passing and still allowing Sting to enter from the ceiling is far worst.

Jarrett exploiting his wifes passing and still allowing Sting to enter from the ceiling is far worst.

How are those things related? I could see if you were saying something about him doing that after Owen, but his wife died from cancer, not a show related accident.

From PWI:

TNA Impact shattered their ratings record last night, scoring just over a 1.2 rating, the highest in the history of the series. I haven't heard a share or an estimated audience yet. Previously, the only time TNA has scored a 1.2 rating was the two hour "This is TNA" Monday Night special on 2/12. Even more interesting is that reruns of CSI: Miami were the lead-in, while reruns of the UFC Ultimate Fighter reality series followed TNA. That will have to help TNA's standing with SpikeTV as they continue to negotiate a new deal for what many in the company hope will be a two hour series.

The rating may also give TNA some momentum going into next week's episode, which in a departure from the usual format of the series, will be built around just TNA champion Kurt Angle vs. Christian Cage vs. Rhino. That match, which will run the duration of the entire episode, was considered by many inside and out of the company (including our own Richard Trionfo) to be the best bout ever held on TNA Impact, dating back to the series' debut in June 2004.

Shattered probably is the wrong word, since their previous high was a 1.1, but a record is a record I guess. Is this ossibly due to interest in Angle as champ?

i'm sure Impact has done 1.2 a few times in the past, i think this is a reflection of TNA improving and including more wrestling as the weeks go by, and if next week can grow from that i would dare say TNA will continue to go more towards a wrestling driven show and not the Russo crap they were running earlier in the year

Jarrett exploiting his wifes passing and still allowing Sting to enter from the ceiling is far worst.

How are those things related? I could see if you were saying something about him doing that after Owen, but his wife died from cancer, not a show related accident.

They are related in that involve death and the business, but in different ways. Jarrett is (somewhat) using the death of his wife to help build himself up as a babyface, when he could have kept that away from the ring and still built himself as a face eventually. Sting entering from the ceiling just is a taboo thanks to Owen's accident. I had thought, at the time, that I heard Sting say he was no longer going to do that entrance...and his character would still work just as well without it.

TNA Impact scored a 1.2 cable rating for last night's show. The only other time the series had hit the 1.2 mark was for the "This is TNA" 2-hour special. The share and audience numbers are not in yet, but it is believed to be the biggest audience ever to watch TNA programming.

411wrestling.com

If they can carry this audience into next week to see the Angle/Christian/Rhino match then they might finally break that 1.0 barrier.

anyone who says Jarrett is using his wife to get over as a face need to be strung up by their feet and beaten like a baby seal, i am ashamed to think there are fans thinking that

I think the jury is out on the Jarrett thing right now. Thus far it's been a touching tribute to her and makes TNA look classy compared to the Vince crap on Raw. With that said, if Jarrett uses this to gain sympathy for himself and then gives himself the title again thinking people will accept it, then it enters into him using her death for his own gains.

There's no real reason for Sting to come down from the rafters, but Owen's death was 8 years ago. As long as Sting is willing and they triple check the harness, I won't get up in arms over it.

anyone who says Jarrett is using his wife to get over as a face need to be strung up by their feet and beaten like a baby seal, i am ashamed to think there are fans thinking that

I agree man. Jarrett is already mega-over as a face. It's not like he is turning face NOW after his wife passed away.

I'm fine if Jarrett gets like one win in honor of his wife. I don't have a problem with those types of situations, those are nice and I've never had issues when anyone gets the condolence win. I have a problem if it stretches out over months (like Rey Jr) instead of just being a one shot deal.

Jarrett should have one match when he's ready dedicated to the memory of his wife and have no belt on the line. The trouble is, it all does feel like it's building to him winning the belt at this show because frankly, Team 3D doesn't scream TNA MAIN EVENT. Something tells me Jarrett and someone else win the tag titles and then he wins the world title at the PPV. That would anger me since then his wife's death becomes an angle AND it gives him three belts he has to lose.

I think Jarrett vs AJ or a rematch of Jarrett vs Roode would be a nice tribute style match. Jeff can always do something in the ring in his honor, the announcers just need to stay quiet about it. It's a fine line to walk down.

Right now I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he didn't add himself to KOTM, when he easily could have since it was his match. But he didn't and then they replayed the video on IMPACT, which again I'm fine with since those interested in where Jeff is get an explanation. At the moment, I don't see it being used to get him more over as a face. But that could change very rapidly.

^No way this is happening. He said in the interview that wrestling ring isn't the place for him right now. I think he will be off TV for 4-6 months while he gets over Jill's death.