TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tekcop

The OAO TEW/EWR Thread of Fun!

One of my crowning moments in EWR history was building a guy up ("Five Star Flash" Mark Belton) from 9% overness to 100% and my number one face.

I downloaded TEW 07 today to give it a go and see what its like.

My life, its a bit envolved.

I really like the ideas of storylines that have to have certain angles to move them onto the next step, but there are too many and it's just annoying trying to find the right one.

I'll stick with EWR, its much easier to use and it's free.

One of my crowning moments in EWR history was building a guy up ("Five Star Flash" Mark Belton) from 9% overness to 100% and my number one face.

I built a heel up similarly by having him be the central figure in a storyline similar to Stephen King's The Stand. He actually got so over he automatically changed to an "unique" gimmick.

I'm usually a long-reign person. In my PWG game, Johnny Jeter's been my HV Champion for six months now and Jack Evans my Jr. HV for five. But I've been screwed over so many times on my tag teams getting stolen from under my nose, so I've got through the 'last 10 reigns' in a year. Built up Shelley and Sabin before TNA took them permanently. Hero got taken by AAA before KOW could win them. I built up Joey Ryan and Scorpio Sky and gave them the titles, only to see them get signed to written contracts the week their big feud finished. I also put Claudio Castagnoli over in the big yearly tournament ready to give him the HV Title and boom, a new national promotion springs up and it's bye bye Claudio (and Cabana).

I started my first time ever playing EWR by using the WWE...I figure I'm going to fuck up a lot so start there....surely it will take a LOT to make that company fold so I'll use it to learn from my mistakes and better build the next promotion.

I just downloaded TEW '07 and have never played one of these before at all. I'm not seeing any major promotions in the game. Is that because I got the free demo version, or do you have to find hacks or downloads? Thanks for any help.

Since TEW is retail now and not freeware, it can't be sold with 'real life' data or they'd get sued. So instead it comes with a made up fantasty universe, which is still pretty fun to play once you learn about it. You can download the real life data from various places, most of which you'll find links for a few pages back in this thread or on the TEW forum.

Okay, I was hoping that the free version was able to be updated. I saw the links back there, didn't understand them, and it wasn't clear if you had to have the paid version to get the updates. What are the differences between the paid and free versions? Thanks.

Edit---Okay, got everything copied over to a new game folder like the directions said, and it said the data was corrupt. Help?

My current TNA run in EWR (I dont have the money for TEW) is fuckin ace. I've had TNA as the top promotion in the world since about month six of my original start and I've been playing it for a little over 2 years (game time).

My main title holders are

Kurt Angle - TNA World

Gregory Helms - TNA X-Division

Jay and Mark Briscoe - TNA Tag Team

My main (world title) fued right now is Kurt Angle vs Hernandez. Yeah, thats an odd one, but something I had to run with after Edge got hurt a month into this badass run with the Title I had envisioned for him. I already had the Angle/hernandez fued going when Edge got hurt, and I didnt want to put the belt back on Christian or Harry Smith, so I had Angle take the surprise win. The fued's at 94% right now, but thats because I built Hernandez up like a monster during LAX's near-year long undefeated Tag title reign.

I've managed to build just about everyone on the roster (the 'name' mid-carders) into upper-mid/Main eventers, course it probably helps that my roster pretty much consists of all the 'indy favorites.'

Right now my roster looks like this

Main eventers:

Christian Cage

Kurt Angle

Carlito

Mark Briscoe

Frankie Kazarian

TJ Wilson

Edge

Gregory Helms

Homicide

Upper-Mid:

Aj Styles

Austin Aries

Alex Shelley

BG James

Christopher Daniels

Chris Harris

Chris Hero

Crhis Sabin

Claudio Castognoli

Harry Smith

Hernandez

Jay Briscoe

Jay lethal

James Storm

Kip James

Petey Williams

Raven

Samoa Joe

Steve Corino

Mid-card:

Amish Roadkill

Balls Mahoney

BJ Whitmer

Danny Doring

Eric Young

Larry Sweeny

Jeff Hardy

Nigel McGuinnes

Sean Waltman

Matt Striker

Tomko

Lower-Mid:

Adam Pearce

Cody Rhodes

Delirious

Jack Evans

Brent Albright

Jimmy Jacobs

Jimmy Rave

Matt Sydal

Kevin Thorn

Tag Teams:

Briscoes

Stampede Bulldogs (Harry Smith/TJ Wilson)

Whitmer & Jacobs

The Embassy (Shelley/Sabin/Helms/Rave)

Doring & Roadkill

America's Most Wanted

Delirious & Sydal

LAX (Carlito/Hernandez -Homicide injured for 9 months)

The James Gang

Generation Next (Aries/Evans)

The New Breed (Thorn/Striker)

I enjoy it.

I am heavily involved with NWA/ECCW up here in BC, so my EWR game is a mix of ROH guys and ECCW guys. And I made it the #1 brand as the third promotion that could. So I end Up with:

Main Event

Faces: CM Punk Jay Brisco, Mark Brisco

Memphis, Scotty Mac Jody Fliech

Upper Midcard

Matt Classic, Kyle O'Rielly, El Generico,Phycosis,Trent Acid,Micheal Shane,Scoot Andrews, JerryLynn

Taka, Air Paris, Sweet Daddy, Azeem the Dream, Sid Sylum, Aaron Idol, Asian Couger, Yang

Midcard

Julio Denerio Chris Hero, Billy Suede

Jimmy Rave, Dr Wagner Jr, Frankie Kazirian

Lower Midcard

Matt Stryker, Brett Prime, Colt Cabana, Jay Lethal

Simond Diamond, Abbadon, Vito, Cade Sydal

Scotty Mac has been champ for a year, but will lose it too CM Punk when the fued ends. Tag Champs for the longest time where the Briscos untill they got too over for it, so they lost to Chill Town, Scotty Macs group (Azeem and Sid). TV champ is Matt Classic and Kyle and Idol just got send down to Upper Mid card, as they went down to 89 Over. But usually I have 8 guys at 90 or above overness.

Yeah its fun playing with TNA, what TV deals you got?

and Carlito? OH dear

Carlito's got massive charisma. And loves to wrestle Mark Briscoe for some reason. Two great fueds with Jay and Mark and he's a main eventer.

Monday: "Combat Zone" on USA. Highest rating: 7.00

Thursday: "TNA iMPACT" on SpikeTV. Highest rating: 6.11

Saturday: "Damage Zone" on the CW. Highest rating: 6.47

I have Joey Styles and Jerry "The King" Lawler as my commentators.

Also, in the process of my becoming the top promotion in the world, WWE dropped to cult status for almost a year, and now have 1 tv show called "WWE Wednesday" on some regional show that gets a 1.45 rating. They had a Monday show but got obliterated by my Combat Zone show so badly they lost it. Their now back up to global but still only have the one show. I thought that was pretty damn funny.

Right, that has been doing my head in now and I don't know what to do.

Scotty 2 Hotty (or Scott 2 Hott as he in my game) has been with my company for over a year now, he's in the main event, has been a multi time chamption (2 times) and has been in countless main event fueds.

Yet he's been at 20-30% morale for ages now. What am I doing wrong?

I might just give him his release and push Grandmaster in the X division against Kazarian.

Check his relationships and see if you've been feuding/teaming him with people he doesn't like.

Or have you been pushing him too much and getting those e-mails where it says the crowd is getting sick of him or something? If you keep putting the guy on TV in spite of that it lowers morale.

That might be it, I checked his relationships and theres only two, and thats friendships between Grandmaster and Mick Foley. And he's teaming with Grandmaster.

I've decided to job him out to get others over, turn Grandmaster heel on him then let him go.

He just better remember that it was ME that made him a star.

Becuase they get over like no one's buisness. They were my most over tag team and I only really got them in to put over som younger teams.

Same goes for the Headbangers, I wasn't expecting them to do as well as they have. But if you put Thrasher in a match with Styles magic happens.

TEW is as much fun as EWR was, but it does take some getting used to because you've got so much more to take care of and it can seem like a lot. In my current game, I'm running my own promotion that's strictly based on wrestling; it's an Americanized version of NOAH, basically. With WWE releasing loads of wrestling in the first few weeks, I was able to have William Regal take on Low Ki on my very first show, which is a match I'd like to see in real life. I'm about two months in, and things are going well, apart from having to deal with various Japanese companies wanting to sign my top stars to touring deals that would take them away for a month at a time. Of the news items no related to my company, the bigger ones have been Triple H going to jail for six months, Kurt Angle leaving WWE, Hulk Hogan signing with CMLL and WWE falling to Cult status and having nearly the lowest level of prestige a promotion can have in the game.

WWE, and TNA for that matter, will crash hard unless you alter their overness in the Editor. Adam Ryland tweaked the game a few versions back to make it harder for promotions to rise to the top. I'm not complaining though; I got William Regal versus Low Ki out of it.

TEW is as much fun as EWR was, but it does take some getting used to because you've got so much more to take care of and it can seem like a lot. In my current game, I'm running my own promotion that's strictly based on wrestling; it's an Americanized version of NOAH, basically. With WWE releasing loads of wrestling in the first few weeks, I was able to have William Regal take on Low Ki on my very first show, which is a match I'd like to see in real life. I'm about two months in, and things are going well, apart from having to deal with various Japanese companies wanting to sign my top stars to touring deals that would take them away for a month at a time. Of the news items no related to my company, the bigger ones have been Triple H going to jail for six months, Kurt Angle leaving WWE, Hulk Hogan signing with CMLL and WWE falling to Cult status and having nearly the lowest level of prestige a promotion can have in the game.

What the bloody fuck...?

Reading this thread inspired me to re-download EWR. I ran Stranglehold Wrestling, a small company, and got them up to regional. However after 2 months they went bankrupt.

That damn Samoa Joe just had to check into rehab right in the middle of his push to the title didn't he?

That is really annoying. When I first started with TNA I tried to run a Team 3D/Steiners fued only for Rick to injure himself for 7 months. When he returned, i tried the fued again only for Scott to injure himself for 6 months. After which his contract ran up and I didn't think he was worth the money.

Jay Lethal seems to get injured when I'm pushing him too.

Bentley being out isn't too much of a problem due to the fact I can push Kazarian as a singles competitor now. Although he is out for another 14 months.

Would anyone care to help me with the problem I reported a couple of weeks ago about not getting the downloads to work properly? Do you have to have the full version?

What matches are you running?

My current fueds at the moment are:

Rhino vs Chris Jericho (TNA World title)

AJ Styles vs Steve Corino

Team 3D vs Headbangers (TNA Tag titles)

Scott "Val Venis" Borders vs "The Monster" Paul Burchill (TNA TV Title)

James Storm vs The Sandman

Brian Lawler vs The Amazing Red (TNA X Division) - I turned Lawler heel on Scott 2 Hott then released him.

The Motor City Machine Guns vs The Destroyers (Petey Williams and Sonny Siaki)