TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Sting

i'd be interested in a Sting vs HBK match, Sting vs Cena, Sting vs Foley, Sting vs Vince, Sting vs Undertaker, they hve a lot of ways they could go. However, since they wouldn't be willing to invest thought and time to any angles other then his first angle I would say a dvd is all I'd like.

Sting vs Vince would be rather pointless and stupid. Any of those feuds vs Cena, HBK, or Undertaker could probably draw a ton of money, though.

I don't know...part of the special thing about Sting is that he's the one guy who has never wrestled in WWF/WWE. Even doing a one shot match would kind of diminish that uniqueness about him.

I was just thinking about how I'd love to see The Rock vs Sting the other day. They both expressed interest in the match at one point or another. It's just to bad it'll never happen as it's one match I'd love to see out of both.

they could probably do a dvd on that feud, and if they did they should just remove the slow fast count, and have a voice over saying Hart saw the referee wasn't calling the match down the middle and decided to interject. It'd atleast make the feud better for any newer fans who might stumble upon the dvd.

Sting turning on Hogan at FB99 helped me wash some of the nasty taste Starrcade 1997 left in my mouth. Seeing Hogan's look on his face when he realized he was fucked just before Sting bashed him w/ the bat was priceless.

Yea, WCW tried to turn that into a heel turn for Sting that lasted about a month. I remember thinking wow, the commentators would've been cheering Sting on for the attack not too long ago, but now Sting is a bad guy for it. At least the crowd cheered him on.

See, the whole Sting/NWO angle got really tedious to me since they constantly wondered "Whose side is he on?" The silly part is that if he was siding with the NWO, he would JOIN THE FUCKING NWO! You know, like half the roster did from 1996-98. Actually now that I think about it, Sting did join the NWO, albeit the Wolfpac "good guy" version.

Really though, did anyone actually think Sting was joining the NWO at all? I just thought he was pissed off and sulking.

The memories of that whole storyline are why it was impossible for WCW fans to boo this man when he attacked Hogan at that Fall Brawl in 1999. Fans never really bought Hogan going back to the red and yellow in WCW, so Sting delivering a long awaiting ass beating to Hogan was met with quite the positive response.

The thing that was awesome about Sting is that this character was so deep that he beat the shit out of WCW guys like Jeff Jarrett and Rick Steiner, but never did that make anyone think he was nWo.

This Sting/nWo stuff was done so well, it was ridiculous. It's just a shame Hogan had to fuck everything up.