TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Going To San Antonio, TX next weekend

If you're into historical sites, there are plenty of missions in the area (and the Alamo, of course) to check out. If you recently saw Dirty Jobs, they have the Snake Farm a few miles north of SA, so that's a cool place to check out as well. If not, the Riverwalk is a cool place to grab some mexican food (any fajita plate will do, that's one thing San Antonio does well) and get drunk as well. There are plenty of great bars on the Riverwalk. Durty Nelly's, Mad Dogs, Dicks Last Resort, etc. Just walk up and down there and i'm sure you'll have a good time.

You could always drive down the road to New Braunfels and go tubing down the Guadalupe River or you can go to the Schlitterbahn.

Hell just walk around, it's a fun place to go...the Riverwalk is full of so much.

Guest Vitamin X

My friend did make note that the Riverwalk was pretty good. Don't forget to try some of the local mexican food as well, it's pretty good stuff.

San Antonio's not the most exciting city in Texas, it's essentially like a much bigger version of El Paso. Austin's my favorite city in that state. Good times to be had there.

I'm in agreement with everybody who's suggested the RiverWalk and the Alamo. Most of SA's 'attractions' are within a few miles walking distance of one another. I don't do the club scene, so I don't know much about that. I do, however, know that the San Antonio Wax Museum (right across from the Alamo Plaza) and the San Antonio Museum of Fine Art are great fun. On July 22nd, the SAMFA is hosting a public tour of the baroque paintings of Botero, if you're into baroque art like I am. The Buckhorn Saloon is neat. If you're looking for Mexican food, my favorite Mexican place down that way is La Fogata on Vance Jackson St., but any Mexican join in San Antonio is good. Just outside of San Antonio, they have the Natural Bridge Caverns, which I enjoyed. And I don't think any first-time trip to San Antonio would be complete without seeing 'Alamo-The Price of Freedom' at the IMAX. It'll make you proud to be a Texan, even if you're not a Texan. If you're looking for like...nightlife, the RiverWalk's the place to go, but, personally, I'd do Botero. I love me some Botero. Or just drive a couple hours to Austin, go to 6th street, eat at Stubb's and get totally shitfaced on Lone Star Beer.

I'm in agreement with everybody who's suggested the RiverWalk and the Alamo. Most of SA's 'attractions' are within a few miles walking distance of one another. I don't do the club scene, so I don't know much about that. I do, however, know that the San Antonio Wax Museum (right across from the Alamo Plaza) and the San Antonio Museum of Fine Art are great fun. On July 22nd, the SAMFA is hosting a public tour of the baroque paintings of Botero, if you're into baroque art like I am. The Buckhorn Saloon is neat. If you're looking for Mexican food, my favorite Mexican place down that way is La Fogata on Vance Jackson St., but any Mexican join in San Antonio is good. Just outside of San Antonio, they have the Natural Bridge Caverns, which I enjoyed. And I don't think any first-time trip to San Antonio would be complete without seeing 'Alamo-The Price of Freedom' at the IMAX. It'll make you proud to be a Texan, even if you're not a Texan. If you're looking for like...nightlife, the RiverWalk's the place to go, but, personally, I'd do Botero. I love me some Botero. Or just drive a couple hours to Austin, go to 6th street, eat at Stubb's and get totally shitfaced on Lone Star Beer.

if you're up for the drive, head up to austin, it's only 1 1/2 hrs away :) austin has a whole other world of cool stuff there