TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

TNA Impact Spoilers for July 19th and 26th

Well look at that everybody looks good in Sting face paint! Eric Young is gold! Damn Dustin is starting to look like his old man the only thing missing is the spot on the side of his belly welly. Wow, Scott Steiner was great with his "shoot" comments but if they want to talk about the best tag team in TNA we all know its XXX. God bless Abyss for going hardcore....give the man the World Title already!

I got bored to death by Steiner's interview and walked away. I don't want BPP making sense, the whole point of letting him talk is wondering exactly what utterly insane thing he's gonna say next. (Although he took FOREVER to get to the point, yammering on about Puerto Rico endlessly while Bubba kept trying to drag it back on topic.) Personally, I don't like the definitely Russo trend of a bunch of older wrestlers sitting around arguing about who used to be better; my whole thought is, who cares about what you did before, are you gonna do anything worthwhile now?

And thanks, worthless production crew, for not even getting a shot of Nikki Roxx/i Leavuaeueaueaue when she walked right past the camera. It takes real anti-talent to fuck up something like that.

Eric Young humping Sting's leg was the greatest part of this show.

I think Scott Steiner just had a face turn the interview was entertaining but can he still cut it in the ring? I really wanted D-von to bust out the "TESTIFY MY BROTHA" line but it didn't happen.

Is there anybody in TNA who embodies "his ring entrance is more over than he is" than Robert Roode?

Wait... you mean Roode's entrance is not over? Well, I like it, anyway; wouldn't kick Traci out of bed, either...

Traci's awesome, Roode's not, but TNA hasn't given either of them anything to do. They're bland, boring, generic heels with the vaguest, most ill-defined "Arrogant Rich Bigshot" roles ever. They keep claiming Roode has all this Hollywood stroke, all this money, etc: well, why haven't we ever HEARD his goddamn name outside of TNA? (And why exactly were they so desperate to get control Eric Young like a puppet? That never got explained to my satisfaction.) Stuff like this makes the company look like, well, complete phony liars.

Traci's awesome, Roode's not, but TNA hasn't given either of them anything to do. They're bland, boring, generic heels with the vaguest, most ill-defined "Arrogant Rich Bigshot" roles ever. They keep claiming Roode has all this Hollywood stroke, all this money, etc: well, why haven't we ever HEARD his goddamn name outside of TNA?

I'd settle for being told how he went from being the "enforcer" of Team Canada to The Most Coveted Free Agent Since Randy Savage™ to Robert V.K. Wallstreet...

Traci's awesome, Roode's not, but TNA hasn't given either of them anything to do. They're bland, boring, generic heels with the vaguest, most ill-defined "Arrogant Rich Bigshot" roles ever. They keep claiming Roode has all this Hollywood stroke, all this money, etc: well, why haven't we ever HEARD his goddamn name outside of TNA?

I'd settle for being told how he went from being the "enforcer" of Team Canada to The Most Coveted Free Agent Since Randy Savage™ to Robert V.K. Wallstreet...

Because nobody in the history of wrestling has ever changed gimmick.

Because nobody in the history of wrestling has ever changed gimmick.

Nope. Nobody. Ever. And that's exactly the point I was making, too...

:asshole2:

The whole Roode/Young feud is one of those potentially great angles that hasn't been done quite right. First off, Young needed to be with Roode at first of his own accord, but over time he starts feeling abused. Then after about a year of the build it finally hits the powderkeg and Eric turns face and beats Roode to gain his freedom. At this point though I don't get what Roode is trying to do or why he's bothering with Eric Young. It would be like Ted DiBiase messing with Virgil well into 1992, rather than just saying "Fuck him, he can go solo if he wants....I'm going to team with IRS."

As far as the tag team summit last night, I detected a disturbing undercurrent in it. Basically the Road Dog was saying "Yeah we used to be great when wrestling was really popular." In other words he was saying that the VKM suck and wrestling isn't good anymore. And the truly bizarre aspect of this is that the Dudleys' various accomplishments are being downplayed. Hell, it was the Duds who finally kicked the shit out of the NAO in early 2000 to win the WWF tag titles.

Personally, I don't see how the hell either the Steiners or VKM have a claim on "best team ever." The Steiners had a solid run from 1989-93, but after that it's a whole lotta nothing. Their 1996-98 WCW stuff was mainly just them screwing around with The Outsiders and getting nowhere. And the Outlaws? The epitome of the empty aspect of the Attitude Era, they were for the most part shitty in the ring and were hardly dominant even against a really watered down tag division. Let's face it, the WWF tag scene of 1998-99 was an LOD on their last legs, Too Cool (who were nowhere near being legit contenders), the New Midnight Express, a makeshift Cactus and Funk, and a makeshift Kane and Mankind. And the NAO got their asses kicked by K & M.

Hell, at least the Dudleys have faced serious competition at all turns. Eliminators, Sabu/RVD, and the like in ECW. Hardys, E & C in the WWF. And now teams like LAX and AMW in TNA.

I think in the end this whole Steiners/3D "greatest tag team" idea is really going to end up benefiting the other tag teams in the company more than either team.

At least it has people talking about tag team wresting... and when you watch the product there are 3 teams that are clearly better than either team if they got pushes (LAX who has gotten pushed, XXX who obviously will, and the Motor City Machine Guns who I think will eventually)

Good point on the tag teams, there.

BTW, I thought this week's Impact was very good, was certainly entertaining and had some good focus overall. Some of the exchanges in the promos with 3D/Duds/VKM were a little hokey and reeked of Russo ridiculousness, but I thought that segment was something. It basically turned all four teams all at once there.