TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Brandon

NFL Star headed to TNA

Guest Shylock
Matt Morgan makes an appearance on the most recent edition of TNA Today at the beginning of the video during an interview with Eric Young.

Why the hell does TNA keep getting these WWE rejects?! Someone think of a logical answer why it be logical to push these guys and not guys like christopher daniels?

From what I've seen of both: Morgan's got size, charisma and mic skills. Daniels is boring and only has a minimum of the last one.

Jeff Jarrett and Adam Jones were interviewed on the ESPN2 program First Take. It looks like Pacman wants to be a face...boo hoo the media hates me.....boo hoo I'm just a blackman from the hood that doesn't know any better....boo hoo I likes to party....I'm hungry.....I love strippers.

Matt Morgan makes an appearance on the most recent edition of TNA Today at the beginning of the video during an interview with Eric Young.

Why the hell does TNA keep getting these WWE rejects?! Someone think of a logical answer why it be logical to push these guys and not guys like christopher daniels?

From what I've seen of both: Morgan's got size, charisma and mic skills. Daniels is boring and only has a minimum of the last one.

Daniels is boring? I'd never had guessed it from his matches over the past few years.

Nothing against recruiting misused/underused talent, but what the heck is wrong with using your own talent correctly instead of rushing to recruit new people that you'll squander just as quickly. Daniels, Styles, Young, Killings, Harris, Storm, Shelley, Sabin, LAX...all have been misbooked, mishandled, and mis-everything else by TNA, but the TNA execs scramble to recruit and overpay people that are decidedly unproven draws. They need to stop hiring new wrestlers and concentrate on firing their crappy bookers/writers and then hire some people with: a) business sense; b) an appreciation for wrestling, not just spotfests, gimmick matches, and overcomplicated angles; c) writing talent; d) creativity; and finally, the most essential, c) an ability to logically and consistently book/write good wrestling. It's honestly been like they've got a room full of retarded, schizophrenic monkeys with copies of old WCW and WWF magazines from the 90s trying to write up and book their shows.

c) an ability to logically and consistently book/write good wrestling

Does this even exist?

Please don't tell me it doesn't exist. I still haven't really gotten over that whole Santa thing.

c) writing talent; d) creativity; and finally, the most essential, c) an ability to logically and consistently book/write good wrestling. It's honestly been like they've got a room full of retarded, schizophrenic monkeys with copies of old WCW and WWF magazines from the 90s trying to write up and book their shows.

TNA is written by Manatees.

Stone Cold Steve Austin beating up Santa or the Goldberg holiday horror movie?

Well, both...

c) writing talent; d) creativity; and finally, the most essential, c) an ability to logically and consistently book/write good wrestling. It's honestly been like they've got a room full of retarded, schizophrenic monkeys with copies of old WCW and WWF magazines from the 90s trying to write up and book their shows.

TNA is written by Manatees.

No, because then it'd at least be as good as "Family Guy."

To confirm what has been going around I subscribe to TNA Mobile and I just got a message that said that Jones is going to go after the Tag Team Titles.

Pacman Jones has told TNA Mobile he is approaching TNA with a team mentality and will pick a partner on the roster he trusts to go after the TNA Tag Titles.

This can either mean that Killings is coming back to be in this team, or maybe Jarrett is going to be his partner. Either way I think it might be a little hard to get him over as a face.

I think it's pretty funny that this team that would probably like to cut him is now acting like they care about his well being.

Daniels is boring? I'd never had guessed it from his matches over the past few years.

Nothing against recruiting misused/underused talent, but what the heck is wrong with using your own talent correctly instead of rushing to recruit new people that you'll squander just as quickly. Daniels, Styles, Young, Killings, Harris, Storm, Shelley, Sabin, LAX...all have been misbooked, mishandled, and mis-everything else by TNA, but the TNA execs scramble to recruit and overpay people that are decidedly unproven draws. They need to stop hiring new wrestlers and concentrate on firing their crappy bookers/writers and then hire some people with: a) business sense; b) an appreciation for wrestling, not just spotfests, gimmick matches, and overcomplicated angles; c) writing talent; d) creativity; and finally, the most essential, c) an ability to logically and consistently book/write good wrestling. It's honestly been like they've got a room full of retarded, schizophrenic monkeys with copies of old WCW and WWF magazines from the 90s trying to write up and book their shows.

Amen Brother.. Amen....

TNA is just drinking way to much of their own koolaid to care what the hell they are doing... Doomsday chamber of blood? Enough with the damn gimmick matches!

It's a veritable comedy of errors from TNA lately. What will TNA do with him if they can't get him cleared to wrestle? A dogfighting skit backstage with the X-Division goofs?

They can just get Michael Vick if they want dogfighting...

I think it's pretty funny that this team that would probably like to cut him is now acting like they care about his well being.

I doubt that the Titans care about Pacman's well being at all of course. It's just that if the Titans organization hadn't cracked down on Pacman here, then the precedent established could have allowed other more valuable Titan players to risk themselves in wrestling.

It should amaze me that TNA didn't get the contractual issues with the Titans settled ahead of time but then no amount of TNA incompetence is a surprise anymore.

Back to signing baseball players to work in tag team matches? I believe Pedro Martinez is still pitching for the Class A, Port Saint Lucy Mets so he is available to get involved with LAX to bad his lil buddy the smallest man in world gone.

For the moment, TNA can't even get Pacman cleared to show up in the crowd.

Excerpted from AP:

Chancery Court Judge Robert E. Lee Davies agreed, saying Jones should be prohibited from "participating in any activities that 'may involve the risk of serious personal injury.'"

"Mr. Jones is hereby restrained from providing any 'wrestling' or 'performing services' to TNA ... including but not limited to the TNA "Hard Justice" pay-per-view event ... for as long as this restraining order is in effect," Davies ruled.

The injunction strictly bars Jones from participating in any TNA event, as a "wrestler, spectator, announcer, participant or otherwise ... "

Ok, I know that the response I get to the following question will be something like "because it's TNA", but I'm going to go ahead and toss out this question, if only rhetorically:

Why in the world would they hype something this big, getting such major press and everything, before they even have it officially 100% cleared with all the right people?

I can only assume they went ahead with it, knowing full well that it might not go through, only because they knew that they would still get a lot of press no matter if it went through or not, just because of the build. Still, that leaves them with the possibility that it could piss off a lot of potential new fans, but I guess they were willing to trade that for the press.

Why in the world would they hype something this big, getting such major press and everything, before they even have it officially 100% cleared with all the right people?

Because TNA are so pathetically desperate for any kind of publicity to let the world know they exist, that little things like making sure the legalities are taken care of get ignored. With TNA, you never know what madcap scheme they'll try next, but you do know they'll find some way to screw it up in grand fashion.

That's because if he gets hurt then he is worthless in any trade that can get.

This specific type of promotion makes the company and pro wrestling in general look like what the general public thinks of wrestling....nothing but a side show circus.

That's because if he gets hurt then he is worthless in any trade that can get.

I just find it odd that the judge is basically letting the Titans block Jones from making a living, since he is suspended without pay, so I figured the judge would grant the order on condition that the Titans pay him money to do what they want him to do, sit at home and do nothing. However, I also wonder where was this outrage when Kyle Vanden Bosch appeared at a TNA event in a ringside corner capacity while also being under contract to the Titans. Anything that fucks over TNA is fine with me though, just so they learn not to deal with celebrities unnecessarily.

Ok, I know that the response I get to the following question will be something like "because it's TNA", but I'm going to go ahead and toss out this question, if only rhetorically:

I can only assume they went ahead with it, knowing full well that it might not go through, only because they knew that they would still get a lot of press no matter if it went through or not, just because of the build. Still, that leaves them with the possibility that it could piss off a lot of potential new fans, but I guess they were willing to trade that for the press.

Card subject to change.

I'm sure TNA thought they had everything taken care of, then the Titans put the restraining order out there, but to assume that TNA already knew nothing was going to happen but just decided to promote him anyways isn't a LONG SHOT.

I think it was Jim Rome or PTI or Around the Horn well someone from ESPN said it "It's like sending your kid to his room for punishment when he has a tv, video games, computer, etc.". Adam Jones needs to be punished for making the Titans and the NFL look bad letting him work on television is just going to end up bad for everybody.