TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karnage

That Was Stupid!

Guest DMN

One thing that always got me is the heel 'fake tag' spot. You know, when the legal man gets out of the ring, with the ref's back turned, and the partner gets in the ring, then slaps his hands together to simulate a tag. The only possible explanation I can think of for it is just to be a dick, cheating for the sake of 'cheating', because they could just have easily made a legit tag.

There are times when the spot is done properly so it makes sense (Wrestler A doesn't release the hold he has his opponent in until Wrestler B is well in position to lock him in, then does the fake tag clap) but other times where, yeah, it's just being a dick (releasing the hold completely and walking towards the apron while your partner just walks in too). I think it happens the "good way" more often though.

There are times when the spot is done properly so it makes sense (Wrestler A doesn't release the hold he has his opponent in until Wrestler B is well in position to lock him in, then does the fake tag clap) but other times where, yeah, it's just being a dick (releasing the hold completely and walking towards the apron while your partner just walks in too). I think it happens the "good way" more often though.

I remember on the WWF Coliseum Video "Grudges, Gripes, and Grunts" which has the Money Inc.-Natural Disasters tag title change there is a hilarious part on commentary between Bobby Heenan and maybe Jim Ross (because I believe they dubbed over the original commentary) where Heenan claims Money Inc. have made tag behind the ref's back. After Ross keeps refutting him, Heenan starts slapping his hand into his mic everytime Money Inc. do the switch and is like "they tagged didn't you hear it?"

Wrestler A is flat on his back. Wrestler B is on the top ropes. Wrestler A gets his leg up and it hits Wrester B in the jaw as he comes down on both feet.

What the fuck move are you trying to do there?

The doublefooted ring shake of doom? If the guy doesn't get his leg up, then what?

SHAKEY RING!!!!!