TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 9/6 - 9/8

They just showed the passing chart for Oregon...

Whoever is covering the left side and center of the Michigan defensive backfield needs to have their scholarships pulled, as they've given up about 250 yards by themselves.

(The right side of the defensive backfield has only given up about 20 yards.)

Yup, Michigan is officially terrible.

Colorado State has pulled within six of Cal with under three minutes to go but looks like they'll need to force a turnover to have a shot.

Colorado State has pulled within six of Cal with under three minutes to go but looks like they'll need to force a turnover to have a shot.

Just curious, I heard CSU is wearing throwbacks for the Cal game. Any truth to this?

Nobody better talk down the Pac 10 (for a while, at least) after Washington and Oregon's performances today.

Fake Statue of Liberty was awesome.

Just curious, I heard CSU is wearing throwbacks for the Cal game. Any truth to this?

Ya they were wearing old school helmets with the player's numbers on them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/photo?slug=9...110&prov=ap

Wow. I never expected Michigan to be this bad out there. I didn't think they'd win, despite picking them in Bored's contest, but I thought they would at least play better than a 1-AA team out there. Hell, I think Lenoir-Rhyme could probably make more of a game of it against Oregon, at least they'd try hard. If this keeps up, then it looks like Notre Dame-Michigan could be a worst game of the year candidate. How the heck do you pick a winner for that one?

Speaking of embarrassments, I just noticed that Florida St. is losing 10-0 to UAB. Ouch.

Nobody better talk down the Pac 10 (for a while, at least) after Washington and Oregon's performances today.

But it makes me worried about USC's chances of surviving that schedule undefeated.

But it makes me worried about USC's chances of surviving that schedule undefeated.

Yeah, it definitely makes things look a hell of a lot tougher.

Dixon has more TD's by himself then Michigan. I'm not a Michigan fan (Go Badgers) but Lloyd Carr should be fired if Michigan play's like this against ND. That game is definetly gonna be the worse game of the year, and I'm going to the game. Lucky me.

Boy, Michigan and Florida State are terrible this year. Drew Weatherford can't do jack for the Noles and the Michigan defense hasn't played a game where they look like they know what the word tackling means.

could someone fill me on the Top 25 scores, i've been out of the house with work and some Grocery shopping

could someone fill me on the Top 25 scores, i've been out of the house with work and some Grocery shopping

Just go to any of the million websites running scoreboards for all the games, it'd be easier that way for you.

Guest Smues

UW just beat Boise State. This is a huge victory for the Huskies as it's the first time they've beaten a ranked team since 2003 (according to the announcers, last I could remember was the apple cup in 2002) and it also ends Boise States 13 or 14 game winning streak. It's also big because UW is very likely to lose the next 3 games in a row (vs. #12 OSU, at #13 UCLA, vs. #1 USC) so it was nice to get this one.

Anyone watching this? This is crazy. Fresno receiver reaches for the endzone with the ball for the winning touchdown, loses it before it crosses the plane, but the original call is that he stepped out of bounds at the 1. They review it and originally say the call stands. Then they review it again and overturn it this time but then mention there was a roughing the passer penalty and they'll replay the down.

And after all that Fresno settles for a field goal, on to overtime possession #2.

Yeah, I've been watching since about 6:00 left in regulation. Ridiculous game. McGee's option for the first down there was pretty huge too.

I went to the UM/Oregon game and I can honestly say that was the worst performance I've ever seen in person (a couple recent Ohio State games were almost as bad but at least UM fought back to make the score respectable; I wasn't at the Syracuse/McNabb thrashing). I was thinking that Michigan was gonna come out like a house on fire...I should've known better. I've been going to Michigan home games for over 10 years and I've never seen the fans leave as quickly as they did today. Hart was the only one that did anything worth a damn, and he didn't play much of the 2nd half cuz he was dinged up. Freshman Ryan Mallet (who's fucking HUGE at 6'7", 252) had to come in for Henne and he didn't fare any better. I don't think their defense has been underachieving all that much, they're just not that good. Crable's one of the few decent players and I've even seen him fuck up a few plays (particulary on that FG attempt last week). If a similar performance happens next week against N.D., Michigan man or not, I don't see how Carr makes it to the next game.