TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

People's Lawns...

Alright, my landlord is ALWAYS watering her lawn everyday. She also gets pissed when a person walks on the grass. Now, I always thought the point of grass was to walk on it. And she is wasting sooo much water, especially when it rains one day, she'll still water it the next. She spends half of her day out there making it look nice.

Why does she do this? Why does she care so fuckin much?? IT'S JUST GRASS! It's not like she is going to get an award. And if she did, she got one for THE NICEST LAWN.

Guest Vitamin X

Some people just like to take pride in their homemaking. I hate it when people DON'T maintain their lawns at all. That may be excessive, but maybe she has nothing better to do.

On a related note, I think it's kind of funny how much water is wasted here, in Oregon of all places, with the sprinklers on everyday in the parks. That must be some ridiculously thirsty grass.

Like OMG, I know what u mean! It's nothing more than people being obsessed with the resale value of their properties.

I'm going out to find some concrete blocks so I can prop this wheeless car I'm going to buy up on my front yard. That'll attract the Mexicans and poor white trash.

I could understand that person's anger at Mole if this was her private property and he was just romping about through it, but if she's renting then you have to expect people won't treat your lawns/garden with the same care as you would.

This becomes apparent when you go to a neighborhood where nobody takes care of their lawn, and there's one house in there where somebody does. It looks a lot better.

None of that for me, though. I'm either rich enough to have a gardener, or I'm living in an apartment. I won't even mow it.

Like OMG, I know what u mean! It's nothing more than people being obsessed with the resale value of their properties.

Yeah, I'm sure she is just thinking about how she will make more money later on.

IT'S JUST GRASS, there is NO need to treat it like it's a puppy. You can obviously take care of it, mow it and shit, but don't make it your life. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Her water bill must be huge. And she gets annoyed if I order a PPV movie for $3.95 (yes, I do pay for it).

Nobody wants the front of their place to look like shit.

I can't stand when people let their grass turn yellow, then into dirt. It's tacky as hell. I don't know why you care about what someone else does with their grass. As you said, it's just grass.

Anyone watering their lawn every day in South Australia can expect a government van to pull up and take them away, that's how high the restrictions are.

You should only water the grass for one day a week, two tops. Any more is excessive because you have either poor irrigation or poor fertilizer.

I live in a house and don't even own a mower. My friend does the lawn for $25 a month. And luckly I live in Florida where it rains every day.