TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karnage

Dale Oliver

What do you guys think of the TNA music that he produces? Although his themes are mostly ripoffs of other songs, themes like the Santana ripoff that all the Hispanic wrestlers used was great.

They're ok, but they'd much better off early-mid 90s, they just feel very dated. And, obviously, since its just him and his mixing board alot of the, even totally different, just sound the same since its the same gear making the noise.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out he uses the same crap I use to make his songs - Pro Tools & Guitar Pro (For creating backing tracks :P)

I like Jarrett's as much as I can like a ripoff of Triple H's 'My Time' theme.

TNA can do a lot better, in my opinion, but Oliver probably comes cheap or has a buddy there. He's had some good ones, but I'd say 95% of his work is only ripping off something else, whether it's a real song or that wrestler's past WWE theme, and even most of his good songs are still ripping off something else. They all have this similar feel or quality to them, really cheap and amateurish, honestly, almost tin like, if I had to describe it. I'd be surprised to learn that he uses more than two guitars, more than one set of drums in his work, for example, or rather, if he even knows how to use things like Pro Tools and mixing boards. Maybe he just sits at either in befuddlement.

And, obviously, since its just him and his mixing board alot of the, even totally different, just sound the same since its the same gear making the noise.

Bingo.

A few of his orchestrations stand out to me, such as Sabin's theme, Styles, Abyss, Angle, etc...

And (as bad as it is) I kinda like Harris' rip off of White Zombie, despite replacing the lyric "More Human than Human!" with "We find the defendant Guilty!"