TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

*Smackdown Spoilers*

PWI:

WWE is currently setting up for Smackdown. They are taping the wedding first, setting up white ring ropes, ring steps and guest chairs.

-The wedding has started. Comedian Bruce Bruce is the Reverend. Vince McMahon, Arn Anderson and performers from all three brands are present as guests. Teddy dedicates "Let's Get Married" by Jagged Edge to Kristal. Jillian Hall comes out and says that they were terrible and starts to sing. She is dragged off by several other Divas. They continue...but...

-The Godfather, accompanied by several Hos, comes out and stops the ceremony. Godfather got all the male performers to leave with him to "ride the Ho Train". Hornswoggle crawls under Kristal's dress and is chased to the back by Jonathan Coachman and Vince McMahon.

-Teddy and Kristal start to exchange vows. Long passes out while giving them and medics rush down. They carry Long out on a gurney.

-JBL returns to do commentary.

-Smackdown opening features WWE World champion Batista in the ring wearing a suit, so it appears they shot the wedding first and that will close the episode when it airs.

-Jimmy Yang defeated Jamie Noble.

-MVP and Matt Hardy have a contest backstage throwing a football through a tire. Hardy wins.

-Deuce and Domino defeated WWE Tag Team champions Matt Hardy and MVP in a non-title match. MVP left with all the tag straps.

-Mark Henry challenges WWE World champion Batista to a non-title match later tonight.

-Michael Cole interviews Rey Mysterio. JBL tells Cole he's being too nice and starts to confront Rey. Rey challenges JBL and he says he can't fight because of his announcing contract. He then says he knows someone who Rey can fight. Finlay comes out and lays out Rey from behind.

-Mark Henry defeated WWE World champion Batista by countout after The Great Khali interfered. The Undertaker comes out and a tag bout starts, which is likely a dark match. Taker and Batista get the win.

Undertaker and Batista vs Mark Henry and The Great Khali..*head explodes*

EDIT: 1000 posts! Only took me 3 years..

*hug*

Guest Smues

Just got back to the hotel from the show. The tag match was indeed a dark mark, probably to make up for the long ass wedding segment. As Teddy Long was being carted away a really loud "We want wrestling chant" started up and didn't stop until Coachman came out and promised the matches were about to start, and that the main event was the Undertaker tag match. I'll have to watch the show to see who all was at the wedding, but I did notice Sgt. Slaughter in the back, as well as IRS, and Hacksaw was near the front. I thought all of the Hornswoggle shit was putrid, but the crowd ate it up. Oh and those spoilers left out a tag match that I think happened right before the main event. Someone I haven't heard of and Festus (who I hadn't heard of either, I'm out of the loop) vs two people I didn't recognize. Not even sure if it will be on TV, but the crowd ate up the festus shit.

Overall it's a decent show, and the wedding would have been fine but it just dragged on and on and on. I did mark out like crazy when the Godfather's music hit though. I'm guessing they'll air the wedding last even though they taped it first, and the 'we want wrestling chant' sadly won't make it to TV.

If things look the way they seem, SmackDown's side for No Mercy is looking pretty good so far. Batista/Khali is a Punjabi Prison match, Finlay Vs Mysterio and hopfully MVP vs Hardy for the US Title.

The Wedding segment looks pretty fun. I wonder if we'll be seen a new SmackDown GM Soon. If so, PLEASE let it be JBL some how.

PWI:

-The Godfather, accompanied by several Hos, comes out and stops the ceremony. Godfather got all the male performers to leave with him to "ride the Ho Train".

I'm going to watch Smackdown just for this.

....Yeah I'm a Godfather mark, and what of it?

Someone I haven't heard of and Festus (who I hadn't heard of either, I'm out of the loop) vs two people I didn't recognize. Not even sure if it will be on TV, but the crowd ate up the festus shit.

Jesse (Ray Gordy, Terry's son) and Festus (fake Kane from earlier in the year).

Someone I haven't heard of and Festus (who I hadn't heard of either, I'm out of the loop) vs two people I didn't recognize. Not even sure if it will be on TV, but the crowd ate up the festus shit.

Jesse (Ray Gordy, Terry's son) and Festus (fake Kane from earlier in the year).

I went to the Smackdown tapings just before Summerslam, and a promo video was shown stating Jesse and Festus would debut at Summerslam. Did this ever make it to air? Either way, I saw them wrestle in a dark match at the tapings, and theyre passable to watch, but nothing to go crazy over. Festus does some interesting moves (he was getting good air on his running Senton) for being as big as he is, but Jesse wasn't much to write home about, and his redneck act got old really quick.

You guys know I usually like Smackdown, but this week's show was horrible. The wedding segment was incredibly lame and stupid. On top of that, we had these annoying rapper idiots with maria all night acting dumb.

Even with these recent spate of injuries on the Smackdown roster, the show had managed to stay watchable until tonight's crap.

How, it's funny as hell seeing the reaction of the superstars, in this kind of environment.

Aka Elijah Burke dancing to the ho's lol. (Oh..and everything Jeff Hardy was doing)

Considering a lot of the WWE workers out there weren't even around when Godfather was a major fixture in the company, I can imagine them all wondering, in character, just who the fuck he is. :P

I'm so sorry, but I've laughed at almost all of this.

Loved seeing Patterson staying behind, holding Brisco back.