TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

TSM NBA H2H: Year 5

Guest Vitamin X

Fuck. My team is built on almost pure potential and hope that a couple vets can stay injury free. A 6-2 lead just got cut down to 4-4 <_<

I'll probably lose my first matchup, but as long as Kevin Garnett is around things will be good for me. One game into the season and he puts up 22 points, 20 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks and good shooting %, he does everything except shoot 3's, and luckily i have Ray Allen around for that. Three times i've finished top 5 in this league thanks almost entirely to those two, and with Andrea Bargnani looking like the real deal to go with them i should be in good shape once again.

Guest Vitamin X
I'm in shock that I cut it to 4-4 with my bunch of scrubs. I will lose points and Assists every week.

Baron Davis having a bad night of shooting, plus Reggie Evans dominating the boards and a big group of stealing guards are helping you out in a big way. I'm not lacking for points, but I have no big men. With that said, even with having Shaq on my team, I'm surprised it's not holding back my free throw percentage anymore than normal, but having Manu and Davis offsets that, I guess.

I don't think your team's that bad, honestly, you might lose in points and assists, but that's only one of the 8 points you need. I didn't know how this league worked at first, so I just stocked up on scorers, and I also didn't know you could adjust your lineup day to day (I thought you had to have a certain starting rotation for the entire week).

Guest Vitamin X

Down 6-1 a couple days ago, up 5-3 now. Sexy. Fuckin 3 double-doubles! My fantasy team looks like In-N-Out.

I'm glad Carmelo hogged all the points for the Nugs yesterday, since that made a huge difference in points. Also, always play a big against the Suns.

Down 6-1 a couple days ago, up 5-3 now. Sexy. Fuckin 3 double-doubles! My fantasy team looks like In-N-Out.

I'm glad Carmelo hogged all the points for the Nugs yesterday, since that made a huge difference in points. Also, always play a big against the Suns.

Hey-O!

People keep making me offers for Josh Smith and Darko Milicic.

First of all on Darko, I was surprised there was interest considering he was on waivers and hurt but he's coming back this weekend supposedly.

As for Josh Smith, He's my best player, slightly ahead of Kevin Martin due to his 49 blocks, but he does absolutely murder me with his .360 fg% (not to mention I have a few other guys shooting in the lower .400's). But his contributions to other categories (points/steals/blocks/reb) just barely negate his poor fg%. In a keeper league with his upside its going to take a really outstanding offer for me to part with him at this point and none of the offers Ive gotten have even been close to that in my opinion.

Basically Josh Smith, Kevin Martin and Chris Kaman are my untouchables at this point given its a keeper league. Everyone else can be had with a decent enough offer if wanted.

Guest Vitamin X

Well I'm just pissed I'm so low on the waiver priority, because that week I got jipped on trying to get Darko and another player (I forget who now), so I ended up making a fairly massive trade this week with whoever is playing as iPod nano to get Zach Randolph.

Marv, if we could have talked last week I would have been happy to make you an offer for Vlad and Darko for some of my bench players who are pretty good. The reason why people want Darko is because he's averaging career highs this season and seems to have come into his own, especially while getting starter's minutes, in Memphis. He might prove to be a hell of a backup to Kaman for you, or using him as a utility player.

I'm always willing to make a deal as well. My untouchables are Baron Davis, LaMarcus Aldridge, and Z-bo. T.J. Ford started out great for me, but he's been out for a while now and Calderon's played well in his place, so I'm not sure what's going to happen with him. I have Beno Udrih now though, so that might make Ford expendable. Particularly looking for swingmen (G/Fs).

Guest Vitamin X

Oh man, AND you gave me not just one, but two Knicks? Now I feel weird.

And whoever took Martell Webster, I want to kick your ass. I dropped him since the trade between CW and I was pending for a few days, and I wanted to make sure I picked up Beno before anyone else did.

Guest Vitamin X

Now I regret trading Manu Ginobili. T.J. Ford was my assist machine. I'm still putting out a fairly decent team since I'm a waiver wire fanatic and I tend to luck out with getting big returns on sleepers.

Bad week for me. Ford is out, most likely for his career, and now Aldridge is injured also. My team is now basically Baron Davis and Z-Bo. Somehow, however, I'm still winning this week's matchup...

Guest Vitamin X

You mean Anthony Carter, right?

Also alf, thanks for letting Beno Udrih go. Same goes for Marvin and dropping Radmanovic. Beno's in double figures in points every game, and Vlad dropped six treys in one game last week.

I almost picked up Travis Outlaw a week or so ago when he dropped 20 but I thought he would go back to a slump. He's got 20 for the 4th time in 5 games, on 8-10 shooting through 3 quarters.

You mean Anthony Carter, right?

Also alf, thanks for letting Beno Udrih go. Same goes for Marvin and dropping Radmanovic. Beno's in double figures in points every game, and Vlad dropped six treys in one game last week.

No, Anthony Parker. I picked him up off the waiver wire.

Damn I tried to snag TJ Ford off waivers but Team Random Hero got him. Why was he dropped? It looks like he'll be back soon.

Snagged F Reggie Evans solely for the Rebound boost. I've given up on 3 pointers and am starting to concentrate on being competitive in points/boards/assists/steals/blocks instead as a 5-3 week is better than trying to win hit or miss categories like FG%, FT%, and 3 pointers.

Missing Duncan really hurts though :(

Guest Vitamin X
Damn I tried to snag TJ Ford off waivers but Team Random Hero got him. Why was he dropped? It looks like he'll be back soon.

I dropped him because he went out on a stretcher earlier this week and Calderon has been getting a ton of minutes in his place. TJ's great for assists, but he's been an injury drag so far this season (like many others).. but this time he has someone good to take over for him. Ford might be an okay reserve, but I doubt he's going to do much in the long run from now on. He was having this nagging arm stinger for a while BEFORE he got fucked up, so I don't think you could expect too much from him.

Kudos to whoever picked up Calderon when Ford first went down this season, though.

Bump

Ive been having a hard time without Kevin Martin but he's finally due back next week. Im also going to ride Bonzi Wells (who I wanted to draft originally..) as long as T-Mac is out for the Rockets. and Joe Smith had a really good 31 point/11 rebound performance tonight in 2OT, hoping he's going to contribute for the Bulls consistently under their new coach.

I still need to make a trade. My core lineup is pretty consistent but I would like to see if someone would like Sebastian Telfair and what kind of offer I can get in return. He averages about 10 points 6 assists a game but I dont really need production in either of those categories (I need rebounds and the % cats)