TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WrestleFanFest, Oct. 19th-Oct. 21st

During the weekend of Oct. 19th through the 221st, a giant wrestling convention called WrestleFanFest and it's taking place at the Cow Palace in San Fransisco. If you haven't noticed by now, there's a link in my sig to WrestleFanFest's website with all the information you need to know.

Here are SOME of the events that is happening for the 3 day weekend. I'm only posting some, because A. it's a lot of stuff for me to post, and B. Things are changing all the time. I actually posted a card that I thought was taking place a few days ago in a thread, but I found out today, the card has really changed, so I'm not a 100% sure on all the details and like I said, things are changing all the time, so NOTHING is set in stone yet.

Thursday Oct. 18th

-A Night with Pride Veterans Don Frye and Shannon Ritch (Q/A Session, Photo op, and Autograph session)

Friday Oct. 19th

-Dinner with Eric Bischoff (Q/A session, Photo op, and Autograph session) All proceeds go to the Oakland Children's Hospital

-Team 3D Autogaph/Photo op session

Also Appearing for Autographs and Photos

Abyss, Brutus Beefcake, Larry Zbsyco, Bobcat, Sharkboy, Blue Meanie, James Mitchell, Billy Kidman, Al Snow, Diamond Dallas Page, Mil Mascaras, Rey Mysterio Sr., Virgil, Scott Norton, Vampiro, Kevin Nash, Greg Valentine, Dr. Death Steve Willams, Dan Severn, Francine, Sunny, Gail Kim, Repo Man, Koko B. Ware, One Man Gan, Dan Frye, Scott Hall, Test, Traci Brooks, Brother Devon, Brother Ray, Jim "The Anvil" Neidheart, The Powers of Pain with Mr. Fuji, The Steiner Bros., Eric Bischoff, Rikishi, Sandman, Butch Reed, Steve Corino, U-Gene, Kamala, and Shannon "The Cannon" Ritch.

-Wrestling Event Malice At The Palace, a wrestling show taking place at 7:30 that will air on PPV. Here's the card so far.

Match 1: Night of the Indys Battle Royal; The rules are that every minute a new wrestler will enter and once the ring is full of wrestlers, wrestlers can be elimated.

Match 2: Mil Mascaros vs Rey Mysterio Sr.

Match 3: Luke Hawk & Alkatrazz vs Orlando Jordan & Billy Kidman

Match 4: Vampiro vs Vic Grimes

Match 5: Gail Kim vs Traci Brooks No DQ Match

Match 6: Abyss vs Sharkboy

Match 7: Rikishi vs Black Pearl

Match 8: Greg "The Hammer" Valentine & Dr. Death Steve Willams vs Koko B. Ware & Brutue Beefcake vs Kamala & The One Man Gang vs The Powers of Pain Barbarian and The Warlord.

Match 9: Hardcore Match Steve Corino vs The Sandman

Match 10: Ultimo Dragon vs The Great Muta

Match 11: Team 3D vs The Steiner Brothers

Match 12, The Main Event The Outsiders Hall and Nash vs Sid Vicious and a Mystery man

Saturday, Oct 20th

A Pipers Pit with Roddy Piper

Sid will be signing autographs and having a Photo op

The Outsiders Hall and Nash will be signing autographs and having a photo op

Bill Goldberg will be signing autographs and having a photo op.

and a lot more wrestlers will be signing autographs and having a photo op as well. I already included some of the names above but some more names added for Saturday;

The Great Muta, Ultimo Dragon, The Godfather, Harley Race, Kurt Angle, Ted Dibaise, Molly Holly, Christain Cage, Ken Shramrock, and many more.

There is also a MMA show taking place as well and I know Dog's son Leland is making his pro MMA debut and there's supposely going to be a Midget fight as well. I don't know to much about the MMA show to be honest.

Sunday Oct. 21st

Stone Cold Steven Austin will be signing Autographs

Road Warrior Animal will be signign autographs

ROH will be holding a show

And many other wrestlers signing autographs and doing photo ops as well.

For a full list of wrestlers who are showing up, click on the link in my sig and go to Confirmed Superstars to see whose showing up and a better look at the wrestling card.

I'll keep this updated as things draw closer.

I really wanted to go to this for some reason. Just can't afford the trip and ticket price.

You can always buy the pay per view since you can't go the event.

That's true, I was referring more toward wanting the autographs and to see the event and roh live all in one weekend, but I'll probably order the pay-per-view and get the roh dvd eventually.

The event is kinda expensive, espically when you count everything someone would want to do, including the headliners and the autographs by all the other wrestlers who plan on being there. I don't think I can even buy much of anything there. I'm mainly just going to promote Devil Mountain Wrestling and at the moment, I'm schduled to be a Ref for that wrestling Pay Per View.

Well have fun with your referee work. Maybe I'll order that poster with all 100 autographs.

The fan fest looks decent enough, but man that "PPV" looks pretty bad. Put it this way: the top two matches are 1.a match that was already on TNA ppv a couple months back (Steiners/3D), and 2.a match that drove away audiences on multiple occasions through the years (Nash/Sid).

Well, except this:

I might pay to see that one.

So apprently some of the matches won't be on the Pay Per View. Basically any TNA vs TNA Wrestling match, won't be on the Pay Per View. So now here's the card.

Match 1: Night of the Indys Battle Royal; The rules are that every minute a new wrestler will enter and once the ring is full of wrestlers, wrestlers can be elimated.

Match 2: Mil Mascaros vs Rey Mysterio Sr.

Match 3: Luke Hawk & Alkatrazz vs Orlando Jordan & Billy Kidman

Match 4: Vampiro vs Vic Grimes

Match 5: Gail Kim vs Traci Brooks No DQ Match (NOT ON PPV)

Match 6: Abyss vs Sharkboy (NOT ON PPV)

Match 7: Rikishi vs Black Pearl

Match 8: Greg "The Hammer" Valentine & Dr. Death Steve Willams vs Koko B. Ware & Brutue Beefcake vs Kamala & The One Man Gang vs The Powers of Pain Barbarian and The Warlord.

Match 9: Hardcore Match Steve Corino vs The Sandman

Match 11: Team 3D vs The Steiner Brothers (NOT ON PPV)

Match 12, The Main Event The Outsiders Hall and Nash vs Sid Vicious and a Mystery man

Also, Mean Gene is suppose to be there as a headliner on Friday.

I'll probably still get that pay-per-view because the mark in me wants to see the outsiders, sid, ultimo dragon, and the great muta, and I wanna see how well Dr. Death wrestles now after his battle with cancer.

Throat cancer I believe, I could be wrong, but I believe the book he wrote recently has a lot of information about what he went through as well as his career.

Yeah, he even had to have one of those tracheatomy-type holes carved into his throat. That's why he always wrestles wearing a bandana around his neck these days.

So some more annoucements for WrestleFanFest are suppose to be annouced today, if they are, I'll update the thread.

A new headliner has been annouced for Friday the 19th, Lex Lugar is now gonna be there.

This is the type of event that I wish I had the spare cash to take full advantage for, but honestly, if I do go, it wil probably be for the ROH show, and anything else taking place on that particular day. Possibly throw in Saturday as well!?!

Cryme Time has been annouced for Sunday oct. 21st. So with WrestleFanFest only being a week in a half away, I figured I go ahead and post all that stuff that is happening, shows and whose showing up to do autographs and photos ops.

Friday Oct. 19th

Malice At The Palace Wrestling show.

Headliners

Lex Luger, Mean Gean Okerlund, The Great Muta, Team 3D, and a dinner with Eric Bischoff all proceeds go to Oakland Childrens Hospital

Other Wrestlers appearing

Slick, Abyss, Brutus Beefcake, Larry Zybysko, Butch Reed, The Sandman, Bobcat, Sharkboy, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Steve Corino, Kamala, James Mitchell, Billy Kidman, Al Snow, Shannon Ritch, Scott Steiner, Marty Jannety, Francine, Rick Steiner, Rikishi, Alkatrazz, "The Cat" Ernest Miller, Scott Norton, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, The Masked Superstar, Dan Severn, Luke Hawk, Rock Riddle, April Hunter, Koko B. Ware, Sunny, Gail Kim, The Repo Man, One Man Gang, Dawn Marie, Don Frye, Vic Grimes, U-Gene, Maven, Traci Brooks, Baby Doll, Chavo Gurrero Sr. Orlando Jordon, The Powers of Pain w/ Mr. Fuji, The Nasty Boys, Black Pearl, and Lance Hoyt.

Saturday Oct. 20th

MMA Show

Headliners

A Piper's Pit with Rowdy Roddy Piper, Sid Vicious, The Outsiders Hall and Nash, Goldberg, The Great Muta

Other Wrestlers Appearing

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Ultimo Dragon, Scott Norton, The Godfater, Harley Race, Butch Reed, The Sandman, Alkatrazz, Luke Hawk, Sharkboy, Sunny, Demolition, Brutus Beefcake, Dr. Death Steve Willams, April Hunter, One Man Gang, Slick, Koko B. Ware, Francine, Nikolai Volkoff, Kurt Angle, Baby Doll, Larry Zybysko, Christian Cage, Ted Dibase, Ken Shamrock, The Nasty Boys, Lance Hoyt, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Rikishi, Molly Holly, Al Snow, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Orlando Jordon, Marty Jannety, Kevin Sullivan, Black Pearl, Shannon Ritch, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, Dan Savern, Bobcat, Nick Bockwinkle, The Powers of Pain with Mr. Fuji.

Sunday Oct. 21st

ROH West Coast debut

Headliners

Stone Cold Steve Austin, Cryme Time, Road Warrior Animal, Vince Russo

Other Wrestlers Appearing

Sunny, Virgil, Baby Doll, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Rick Steiner, Brutus Beefcake, Rikishi, Black Pearl, The Nasty Boys, "Dr. Death" Steve Willams, Orlando Jordon, The Powers of Pain with Mr. Fuji, Kevin Sullivan, Koko B. Ware, Slick, Ted Dibase, Larry Zybysko, Rocky Johnson, April Hunter, Playboy Buddy Rose, Dan Severn, Francine, and Rock Riddle

The Malice At the Palace card has changed again, here's the updated card.

Main Event: The Outsiders Hall and Nash vs Sid Vicious & A Mystery partner

Hardcore Fatal 7 Way: Steve Corino vs Blue Meanie vs Vic Grimes vs Al Snow vs Kevin Sullivan, vs The Sandman vs A Mystery Wrestler

Battle Of The Giants: Rikishi vs Abyss

The Ultimo Dragon vs The Great Muta

NO DQ: Gail Kim vs Traci Brooks (Not on the PPV.)

Sharkboy vs Black Pearl

Dan Severn & Andrew "Test" Martian vs Gangrel & A Mystery Partner

Legends Fatal 4 Tag Match: Greg "The Hammer" Valentine & Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake vs Koko B. Ware & Dr. Death Steve Willams vs Kamala & One Man Gang vs Chavo Gurrero Sr. & Mil Mascaras

Lance Hoyt vs Orlando Jordan

Luke Hawk & Alkatrazz vs Billy Kidman & Marty Jannety

The Steiner Bros vs Team 3D (Not on the PPV)

The Knight of the indies battleroyal is also due to take place, but that's now not advertised on the card so I'm not sure if that will take place before the Pay Per View goes to air or if it'll be on the airing, either way I'm sure it will be on the dvd.

Gail Kim vs Traci Brooks and Team 3D vs The Steiners are not airing on the pay per view because TNA vs TNA wrestlers are not allowed to wrestle each other for other promotions on tv. The matches are suppose to be on the dvd though. Abyss vs Sharkboy wasn't suppose to air on the pay per view either but since Abyss is now wrestling Rikishi while Sharkboy is now wrestling Black Pearl, I have no idea if their matches will air on the pay per view now. I think they will, but I'm not sure. Those matches should make the dvd as well. Basically the full card will be on the dvd just certain matches won't be on the PPV.

Well at the very least I'm going to pick up this dvd. I know it's not going to make the rounds in the newsletters for it's "five star matches", but the card has some cool stuff listed.

Three big matches for the ROH show have been signed:

ROH World Title Match

Nigel McGuinness defends vs. Jay Briscoe

The Rivalry Is Back On- 2nd Match In A Best of Three Series

Bryan Danielson vs. Austin Aries

FIP World Heavyweight Title Match

Roderick Strong vs. Claudio Castagnoli

here is the full ROH card

The entire San Francisco lineup has been finalized. Here is what you will witness on October 21st at the Cow Palace:

ROH World Title Match

Nigel McGuinness defends vs. Jay Briscoe

Bonus Main Event- 2nd Match In Best Of 3 Series

Bryan Danielson vs. Austin Aries

FIP World Heavyweight Title Match

Roderick Strong vs. Claudio Castagnoli

Grudge Match

Delirious vs. Brent Albright

Tag Team Attraction

Davey Richards & Rocky Romero vs. TJ Perkins & Tony Kozina

Special Challenge Match

Adam Pearce with Shane Hagadorn vs. Karl Anderson

Special Attraction Match

Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney vs. Human Tornado

Plus: Mark Briscoe; Jimmy Jacobs & Necro Butcher of The Age Of The Fall and more!!!

ROH is coming to Las Vegas and San Francisco with a purpose. Ring announcer Bobby Cruise as well as referees Todd Sinclair and Paul Turner will be on hand to make sure you get the full ROH experience. ROH has made its mark from England to Japan. It is now time for ROH to stake its claim out West. There will be tickets available at the door for both shows. Check www.ROHwrestling.com for advance tickets and building info.

Looking forward to seeing Nigel's first defense on DVD. The same goes for Roddy vs Claudio. And Human Tornado finally in ROH is going to be a lot of fun. West Coast ROH fans are lucky to see this show.

That Malice In The Palace show sounds kinda bad except for the novelty of Muta vs Dragon.

There have been some rumored changes to the card and the event itself.

It seems there was a issue with booking Hall and Nash and it looks like the two of them won't be there. Sid was also rumored not to show, but now it seems he's still doing the event.

The San Fransisco Chronicle also listed Steve Williams vs Mil Mascaras and Kurt Angle vs Abyss to take place but I haven't seen that on the website, so I have no clue if it's right or not.

Mia St. John was suppose to fight at the MMA show, but it seems the California State Atheltic Commison pulled her for not having enough training.

I'll try to keep things updated as best i can.

This from Keller:

Kevin Nash and Scott Hall have sent out word they will not be appearing at a fan convention this weekend in San Francisco, Calif. as advertised since they did not receive their deposit ahead of time as promised

Also, rumors are running around that a lot of the guys haven't received any upfront money. I love it.

Kurt Angle apprently came down with a stomach virus and can't attend because of it.

Well this convention seems a bit cursed with the pulling out of Nash, Hall, and Angle. Then the rumors about Lex Luger having a stroke.

So I just got home from the show, and while I won't give a full detailed post at the moment, I'll go ahead and post some things about tonight. From what I understand, Lex did have a stroke but I don't know what effects it had on him, I hear he's alright but thats all I know.

Basically the entire card (from what I can tell) got switched around but it worked and the crowd was into it the entire show so I can't complain. Ultimo Dragon didn't wrestle The Great Muta but he did wrestle Billy Kiddman (I guess Billy Kid now) and they had a awesome fucking match. Seriously, if you weren't thinking about buying the dvd, you should just for that match.

The main event ended up being The Sandman w/ Babydoll vs Steve Corino w/ Francine vs The Great Muta w/ someone's whose name I can't remember for the life of me. I had just met her tonight and I didn't reconize her from anything past so I'm drawing a huge fucking blank at the moment and it was a Hardcore match....AND! I got to Referee it.

I also got to Referee Al Snow & Blue Meanie vs Luke Hawk and Alkatrazz. Both matches were a lot of fun, working with all these guys was a freaking honor and pleasure. Plus I got to play around with all of them....Head actually gave me umm head at one point during the tag match and I got to talk on the mic for the main event. It really was a great freaking night for me and I am so honored to have worked with so many greats tonight.

I got to meet a lot of wrestlers as well and everyone was very nice. I'll post more details in a blog later on, but right now, I think I'm going to bed.