TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gym Class Fallout

New Baseball Uniforms for 2008!

Guest Gym Class Fallout

New Tampa Bay Rays style sheet. Looks like a team from an MLBPA video game from 1994. Totally generic and uninspired, as well as uninspiring. Same dark blue/light blue that like every single sports team uses now. No more Devil in the name. Now they just represent a line segment that's missing an endpoint and thus extends into infinity.

http://kalleboo.mirror.waffleimages.com/fi...ce8df3b1f80.jpg

Indians throwback. Call me crazy but I bet they use this to phase out the Wahoo hats in favor of that block C. Also, no more grey on the other uniforms.

http://img.waffleimages.com/56de04882e4be7...6/kchomealt.jpg

Royals. Long time coming, since the best way to go about bringing back the powder blue Royals uniform is as a home alternate.

http://img.waffleimages.com/6764f2cb44bf5d...59a6/phialt.jpg

Phillies with blue hat sans stripes. I can't tell if that's supposed to be plain red or mulberry. Either way, it looks like shit and serves no purpose. Sorry, Al.

http://img.waffleimages.com/66cd4bca46909f...torhomealt2.jpg

Blue Jays throwback. Wrong way to do powder blue.

Other changes: White Sox are getting rid of the vests. Cubs aren't bringing the blue shirts back.

http://img.waffleimages.com/4b3d38ed3356e8...b8/ladpatch.jpg

This is classy.

http://img.waffleimages.com/18faab0f8b2401...b19/oakalt1.jpg

This is ill-advised.

Guest Vitamin X

I agree with Czech way too much on uniforms. I do like the name change to Rays, since Tampa Bay hasn't exactly been very devilish. Also,

Now they just represent a line segment that's missing an endpoint and thus extends into infinity.

I'd say that's an adequate description for the franchise.

I don't care much for the Indians uniform, same with the Phillies one. With the Phillies one I wouldn't say it looks like shit, per se, but it doesn't change a whole lot.

Royals new uniform looks great, Dodgers Patch is indeed classy, and I actually don't mind the A's uni up there that much, but it definitely needs to highlight the green a little more. Although, that's an alt uni, right? I don't see the harm.

However, that Blue Jays powder blue... yuck.

I agree with Czech way too much on uniforms. I do like the name change to Rays, since Tampa Bay hasn't exactly been very devilish.

The design of Tropicana Field is very much the work of The Great Deceiver

I prefer the current Indians cursive uniforms, no need for change there

Powder blue Royals is a good throwback and will help them stand out a bit more when they have another 90+ loss season.

All powder blue Bluejays uniform is not such a good throwback, and pullover uniforms should remain a distant memory

Phillies need to bring back the swirl logo/uniforms from the Schmidt era... I like that a lot better than the "classic" cursive style

torhomealt2bi1.jpg

Ugh. I thought we got rid of these twenty years ago. Pullovers aren't good-looking.

Love the return of the original logo, though.

Agreed. Slim pickings for Blue Jays throwbacks. Hopefully, this will show current fans that the original logo is still the best one.

I like the ones for the Athletics, Phils, and Indians. The other ones, not so much.

Also, the name change from Devil Rays to Rays is one of the dumbest baseball-related stories I've heard all year, as it's local Christian leadership that pressured the team into making the switch. It's pretty ballsy of anyone in the Tampa area to demand anything of a team they put so much effort into not supporting.

Besides, Tampa Bay Devil Rays just rolls off the tongue, y'know?

The Rays' new jerseys are okay, better than the late 90s crap they had before. Sort of like the D'backs change this year. Not a classic, but miles better than the original. At least they'll look like a major league team now even if they can't play like one.

The Royals jerseys are fantastic. Can't go wrong with powder blue. Well, unless you're the Blue Jays.

Phillies and A's just seem like unnecessary alterations. What's the point of an alternate when it's so inferior to your original?

A's had black alternates in 2001 but with green lettering which was so dark that on television it looked liked they had black lettering. The white lettering looks a little better but still completely unecessary. What they should have done was brought back the old school kelly green as an alternate jersey.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

A's uniforms should be as follows: white with Athletics, grey with Oakland, yellow with A's, green with A's, and only wear the hat with the white "A's" and yellow bill

I hate when teams wear black uniforms/add black to "appeal to a young urban demographic," as per the marketing dept. I guess it was okay when the White Sox did it, but the A's have no black in their color scheme anywhere else. It's obvious gang pandering.

I'd like to see the Phillies just come up with a new dark red design. Bright red pinstripes are pink from a distance.

Guest Vitamin X

The Blue Jays uniform would work well if they did white pants, with a stripe down the side similar to the belt they have on. That's what makes the Royals one good and the Jays one suck.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I could do a better Rays package in like an hour. I might try, and share the results.

They already have rolled out the Dodger 50th Anniversary logo on a t-shirt ($30) from what I saw when I went to the Dodger Stadium gift shop today. Now if they can get started planning an having a better season than this year, I'd be happy.

50th Anniversary of the move to LA and 20th Anniversary of the last World Series title