TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

FOX Sunday Night - 2007/2008 Season

Stan: Polarbears shouldn't give this to their babies.

That line had me dying.

Stan previously killed Johnson's (CIA co-worker) body double while aimlessly firing his weapon during a zoned out flashback to his high school prom where pigs were dropped on him.

I don't want to sound like one of those "omg Family Guy sure sucks since season 3, should have never come back!" guys, but wow last night's episode was bad. An odd thing was the scene transition from Lois saying Peter just learned what 9/11 meant 3 years ago to Peter setting a trap for Toby Keith (why was he even doing this?) - it had no music cue and I thought it was going to somehow be a cut away gag from Lois' 9/11 comment. That's what happens when you air unfinished episodes, Fox!

Toby Keith wrote a song about 9/11, I think.

Yeah, that joke made NO sense.

I mean, I understand the usual people didn't edit the show, but how do you miss that?

I am assuming that peter thought 9/11 was a holiday where you leave a goat out for Toby Keith to eat.

What was so unusual about the Toby Keith joke? Keith is the poster boy for that rah-rah post 9/11 patriotism. Peter was sacrificing a goat to him (playing off the Jurassic Park scene with the T. Rex) as if he were some kind of God. It's not that hard.

I get it... he sang "Where were you?" or whatever song they made a parody of on South Park, right? It just didn't flow together very well and thus seemed out of place. There really didn't seem to be much connection between the two scenes. It's not worth dissecting further, but for some reason it really bothered me when I watched it.

Brian and Stewie on the walkie-talkies with the "over" schtick was very, very funny to me.

So was doggie hell.

The thing is Family Guy kinda sucks anymore, but there is always one or two absolute killer jokes in each episode. Still cracking up over Stewie with the "when this is what, Brian?"

I laughed hard about 4 times last night. Laughed a little about 4 times. Good enough for me.

I didn't get the joke about the midget though.

I can't even remember it. Something about Migits being people just like you and me and something about toilet paper.

I get it... he sang "Where were you?" or whatever song they made a parody of on South Park, right? It just didn't flow together very well and thus seemed out of place. There really didn't seem to be much connection between the two scenes. It's not worth dissecting further, but for some reason it really bothered me when I watched it.

no Keith sang "the angry american" a sorta violent message patriot-anti-terrorist song (one of the lines goes "well put a boot up your ass, its the american way)

So, I was pretty sure last week when I was watching Fox, they called tonight's Sarah Connor Chronicles a 2 hour event, and spman is agreeing with me about hearing that too. Either we both misheard or Fox changed their mind (it's now a "2 day event"), because there are new episodes of Family Guy and American Dad on tonight.

As for last weeks Sunday night showing, the way KOTH has been this season I almost thought they'd have Ladybird join Cotton as a dead character, but I guess she's just deaf. Simpsons and American Dad were both good - Simpsons was a bit silly, but that's not new in this era and as long as I laugh, good enough.

I just watched last week's episode of Family Guy and I was dying on multiple occasions.

Michael J. Fox cast in the remake of Zorro and his symbol is just a zig-zaggy mess all over the wall.

Peter and the dead frog thing killed me. I was laughing so hard - I couldn't even figure out why.

And Stewie running in out of nowhere and kicking Brian in the balls at the end after he was all bloody was brilliant.