TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 9/24-10/1

Yes, because you swing a...wooden door... at people. You probably should've edited your posts twice to delete that sentence.

Since you inquired about my personal life, I'm very non-violent and would never be associated with an organization that caused physical harm to its members. And Bob Barron's still awesome.

Edit: Is it still there? I sold that website. The dude hasn't change it at all, I see. I don't know why. Forgive me for not remembering I uploaded a picture 3 years ago, though. A lot of marijuana and beer and occassionally having a life closed my memory banks, I suppose.

STOP TALKING ABOUT ME, TALK ABOUT BASEBALL.

Seems you are not the sharpest wooden plank in the frat house. Must be cool having marijuana and beer and being the stage manager for the Triple H Squash Tour 2007

Actually I can't smoke marijuana anymore (got a pretty decent paying job out of college that randomly tests) and I only drink maybe once or twice a month now.

I didn't have the best of the best grades at my school, but did manage the Dean's List all of senior year and somehow got a 1410 out of 1600 on my high school SATs, and although that's a great score, the SATs mean little in the real world.

I've run out of space in my signature for the super over for a night but now admittingly lame Triple H Squash Tour 2007 signature, so expect something Phillies related just for you on Sunday.

I'm getting hives from this attention please find a Lenna thread to draw attention to someone and discuss baseball here.

Located below is an article from Jayson Stark explaining the possible tiebreaker scenarios for the National League. I don't think the 5-way tie he describes is even possible now. Arizona and Colorado are meeting for a weekend series with the D'backs two games up. It's impossible for them to end with identical records.

Tiebreaker Scenarios

Should be a crazy weekend.

Actually I can't smoke marijuana anymore (got a pretty decent paying job out of college that randomly tests) and I only drink maybe once or twice a month now.

I didn't have the best of the best grades at my school, but did manage the Dean's List all of senior year and somehow got a 1410 out of 1600 on my high school SATs, and although that's a great score, the SATs mean little in the real world.

I've run out of space in my signature for the super over for a night but now admittingly lame Triple H Squash Tour 2007 signature, so expect something Phillies related just for you on Sunday.

I'm getting hives from this attention please find a Lenna thread to draw attention to someone and discuss baseball here.

For the last time, quit talking about UTSU!

Regardless of its true validity, the Johan Santana for Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw trade rumor seems to be gaining a lot of traction in the media. If you're the Dodgers, do you make this deal knowing that Santana could leave in free agency next year? Matt Kemp is probably the team's best hitter going forward (although Plashcke and Little are trying to turn the town against him) and Clayton Kershaw is one of the best pitching prospects in baseball.

I also have to think that the Twins could do much better than this package. If Santana is on the market, every team will line up with a package of young talent and primo prospects.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Twins get Liriano back next year, correct? I guess that makes Santana mildly expendable, but the Twins are still missing a lot of pieces if they're going to contend here in the final years of the Metrodome. Everyone seems to be convinced that Torii Hunter is going to be a White Sock, so then there's that to consider too.

Regardless of its true validity, the Johan Santana for Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw trade rumor seems to be gaining a lot of traction in the media. If you're the Dodgers, do you make this deal knowing that Santana could leave in free agency next year? Matt Kemp is probably the team's best hitter going forward (although Plashcke and Little are trying to turn the town against him) and Clayton Kershaw is one of the best pitching prospects in baseball.

I also have to think that the Twins could do much better than this package. If Santana is on the market, every team will line up with a package of young talent and primo prospects.

I'd only do it if the team were going to make a pitch for A-Rod. Losing Kemp puts a gigantic hole in a lineup that already has too many of them.

Twins get Liriano back next year, correct? I guess that makes Santana mildly expendable, but the Twins are still missing a lot of pieces if they're going to contend here in the final years of the Metrodome. Everyone seems to be convinced that Torii Hunter is going to be a White Sock, so then there's that to consider too.

A rotation of Liriano/Bonser/Garza/Baker/Slowey doesn't sound bad at all. If they can flip Santana for an outfielder or 3B with some pop and a top notch pitching prospect, they could contend in the Central next year.

Santana's got a no-trade clause. So the teams will probably be limited.

Santana's got a no-trade clause. So the teams will probably be limited.

The no trade clause might actually play into the team's advantage. It is probable that as a condition to waiving his NTC Santana might ask for an extension from the interested team. The trading team, therefore, would be more likely to give up talent if they know that Santana will be there for more than one year.

I've also read that Santana's NTC is renewed on a year to year basis. It vests if he finishes in the top 3 of Cy Young voting. Not sure of the particulars though and how it affects him this upcoming year.

Here is Santana's contract

4 years/$39.75M (2005-08)

signed extension 2/05, avoided arbitration ($6.8M-$5M)

05:$5.5M, 06:$9M, 07:$12M, 08:$13.25M

may earn award bonuses

$25,000 for All-Star selection, 2nd in AL MVP vote or 3rd in CY vote

$50,000 each for Gold Glove, AL MVP, LCS MVP or 2nd in CY vote

$100,000 each for WS MVP, Cy Young award

limited no-trade clause 2006-08

may block trades to 3 clubs in 05, 8 in 06, 10 in 07 & 12 in 08

full no-trade clause for 2007-08 with top 3 in CY vote in 06 or 07

1 year/$1.6M (2004), lost arbitration $2.45M

1 year/$0.335M (2003)

agent: Peter Greenberg

ML service: 6.122

Clay Buchholz has been shut down for the season by the Boston Red Sox, effectively eliminating any chance of him getting a place on the postseason roster. It had been theorized that they lessened his workload to get him ready for a bullpen spot, but the team said that his strength wasn't where they'd like it to be.

Guest Smues

Boston wins the division as the O's when with a walk off fucking bunt. Awesome, and the Braves division streak is safe again.