TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 9/24-10/1

Why would Willie Randolph place JOE SMITH of all people in that spot to calm things down?

I know they don't have any reliable bullpen pitchers. I realize that. But JOE SMITH. The man who has given up 23 of 44 inherited runners this season. Joe Smith. The man who has perhaps the blandest name in baseball. Joe Smith, who has shown practically no discernable talent and no heart for coming through in a big situation.

I don't understand. Schoeneweis went three up and three down in the top of the 6th. So then why are we taking him out to put an INJURED El Duque in the top of the 7th in a role he's not even used to? At least see if Schoeneweis gives up a hit in the 7th before you take him out! Especially since he was so strong in the 6th.

Oh my God, the Cubs are going to lose three straight to the Marlins to end their season once again.

Come on. They're only down a run. Soriano/Ramirez/Lee will go on a homerun binge.

Three now. The Cubs doing everything in their power to lose the division. Guess it'll be up to the Brewers to blow it.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Everybody's tanking their leads. Arizona, Chicago, New York. What's the deal here? And it's to the complete fucking ass end of the National League, too: Pittsburgh, Florida, Washington, resp., which makes it even worse.

I just love that when a reporter recently asked Willie Randolph what he would do if the Mets missed the postseason, he answered back with "If we smell the roses and sip some champagne, so be it. If not, that's life."

Reminds me of somebody else.

Baker_Dusty.jpg

"Things just happen, dude."

I just love that when a reporter recently asked Willie Randolph what he would do if the Mets missed the postseason, he answered back with "If we smell the roses and sip some champagne, so be it. If not, that's life."

What would you like him to say? In the end it really is just a game.

When you're on the brink of a historic collapse, "so be it" is not an acceptable response. This ain't checkers. This is a game you're getting paid millions of dollars to manage. A laissez-faire attitude just does not cut it.

When you're on the brink of a historic collapse, "so be it" is not an acceptable response. This ain't checkers. This is a game you're getting paid millions of dollars to manage. A laissez-faire attitude just does not cut it.

So you can panic, bitch, moan, cry like a little baby because that is how you make grown men play better? I would like to think Willie Randolph is a bit classier than the standard trash that makes up the New York City baseball fanbase.

So Taguchi just went up to notch one in my book. I hope Yost thought beaming Pujols with nobody one was worth all of this.

Nothing wrong with intentionally hitting Fielder, though.

Ryan Braun with an amazing catch to end another pathetic inning for the Milwaukee bullpen.

I think it's funny when people, especially in NY, want players to be real, yet they also want people who are naturally cool about things to show EMOTION when they aren't like that to begin with.

This Yankees celebration reminds me of what's wrong with celebrations today. It's not that it's the Yankees or the wild card. It's that a team has a wild, spontanious celebration, but first they have to put on their safety googles and official hats and t-shirts.

Sure, you can "panic, bitch, moan, or cry." Or you could show passion. Passion is not equal to the previous four emotions you mentioned. It's infuriating to watch Randolph act as though it wouldn't faze him to see the Mets crumble in the last two weeks of the season. Al, classiness is not the same thing as lethargy.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Sure, you can "panic, bitch, moan, or cry." Or you could show passion.

And the fire?

So you can panic, bitch, moan, cry like a little baby because that is how you make grown men play better? I would like to think Willie Randolph is a bit classier than the standard trash that makes up the New York City baseball fanbase.

Lol. You're a Phillies fan

I think I got karma for starting Santana and picking up the Detroit guy to spot start him.

They just lost four of five to the Washington Nationals who should not have even been a threat to them. Period. Now they're going against the Cardinals in a one-and-done series and moving onto the Marlins who are suddenly looking like powerhouses against the Cubs. The momentum is clearly against the Mets at this point -- and it's not unreasonable to think with this pitching staff that they could finish the rest of the season without another win. No matter how many runs they score, it's never enough.