TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 9/24-10/1

Braydon Looper will throw a wild pitch tomorrow for a called strike. No less than three Brewers will be ejected for disagreeing.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

If you'd like to explain why the umps are out to get the Brewers, I'm all ears, or, alternatively, we can just act like put-upon victims, either/or. If anything, you'd think the complaints would be coming from everybody else, that "Bud's team" is the beneficiary of curious calls. Why would the umpires be trying to screw the Brewers over? You guys do sound like White Sox North now. DADGUM IT.

Nah, the Brewers bullpen have blown the chance to go to the plaoffs. But if you're going to say that the umpires have been making even remotely fair calls against Milwaukee the last couple days, you're either blind or retarded.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I'll say they've made wrong calls, and bad calls, but I have reservations about "fair calls."

Six days left, tied for the wild card, while the Phils' biggest rival just lost 2/3rds of their starting outfield. For the first time, the Phillies are the (slight) favorites in this race. A 4-2 or better finish will give them their best record since 1993.

Ryan Howard is one strikeout away from the single season record. History comes tonight.

I don't think it's some big MLB conspiracy to make sure the Cubs make the playoffs and not the Brewers...but it does seem like the umpires have a vendetta against Yost and his crew. Maybe because he's called them out on their bad calls a couple times recently.

That's closer to the truth than a MLB conspiracy, though its accuracy is unknown. The Brewers are probably the last team that MLB would have any conspiracy 'against'.

The fact remains that the officiating has been dismal at best the last few game. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if a wild pitch or hit batter is a called strike today.

Nobody is talking about the Braves right now, but if they can manage to sweep the Phillies this week, and the Mets continue their losing ways, we could have a photo finish for the NL East.

Nobody is talking about the Braves right now, but if they can manage to sweep the Phillies this week, and the Mets continue their losing ways, we could have a photo finish for the NL East.

And if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle. The Braves don't have a prayer in hell of winning the East.

In news that nobody other than myself (on this forum) cares about, Jason Lane was traded to the Padres for cash. Huzzah! I fully support Ed Wade's first move as Houston GM.