TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Why do you still post in/read this folder?

The new generation of boarders are engaging in shtick that was considered fresh and funny (the latter of which is now debatable) in 2004. The older members are recycling thread ideas that were arguably neat when first implemented years ago—the Ask ______ thread; Hoff looking for MSpaint ideas—but are long past their sell-by date. Vanhalen is bumping old threads, ostensibly to show that this board used to be "better," but is only showing this board was never good, or that he has bad taste in old threads. I suspect a little bit of both.

Anyway, I'm well aware that, for any bitching I may do, I'm doing only that: bitching. Why are you here? I'm here out of habit, one which I've slowly been breaking.

I would presume that anybody who complains about the quality of the folder, and yet still posts in it, would be here out of habit alone. Whilst I, on the other hand, am purely here to engage in witty discourse with posting revolutionaries such as yourself.

I was trying to save it. And while I admit Ask ___ threads were quite played out, I still like to think my perspective on it was somewhat unique. That thread helped me as much as anyone, anyway.

I've come and gone a couple times, and I don't know how much TSM I have left in me. But like you, Inc, I think it's largely habit; plus, my life is relatively boring, and I have a fair amount of free time on my hands. I do still like this place; I've found the wrestling folder has actually improved ever so slightly, and the MMA folder is all right, if quiet, so that keeps me on the board at large. I have a lot of fun memories here, and I'd like to see new jerks come down here and pick up where we left off. Unfortunately, I question the usefulness of this folder, since posters these days seem more interested in actual discussion (bastards). This place almost strikes me as a type of "board retirement home," if you will, and when we all pass on to a better place, they'll close it down.

I really do like making half-ass MSPaint pictures, which sadly isn't a profitable skill. I was serious when I wanted ideas, although it'd be a lie to say I wasn't amused by the responses I got. But there again, as you said, it was all recycled ideas and pictures.

A combination of habit and boredom.

I honestly get most of my news from this site. If it is significant in sports, general news, wrestling, movies/TV, etc., it is generally posted here. I don't comment on things anywhere near as much as I post. I've been coming here since the Scott Keith at Rantsylvania days (I think that was the earliest I was at a "version" of this board. It's been so long ago.), and I guess it really is a habit for me to keep coming here. I have OCD, and change is very difficult for me. That is the main reason I continue to watch wrestling. I just can't stop.

I think the posters that have been here for a looooong time will continue to come here until the board dies or until they die. Just a feeling I get.

Edit---As for why I still post in this specific folder, it's usually more entertaining than other folders on the board. It's fun to call others out on how bad they suck. No offense, Carlito Brigante.

What plan of action should I format for the next five years? I mean, this is a long term goal I seriously want to attain.

1. Start calling out a tenured poster each day and win a beef with them.

2. Then, start bragging about your hitlist that you are compiling.

3. Vow to not shave for one full year and document it (pics) weekly for the entire board to see.

4. "Next Saturday, you're going to do it!" Only in this version, it's going to the movies to see the newest Ben Affleck movie.

5. Get a puppy.

6. Get drunk and go through the 5 stages of grief with Carlito Brigante in a thread.

7. Find a girl that will allow you to show hot naked pictures of her to your "friends" on TSM.

8. Organize a petition to start a new folder where everyone is allowed in except for Mole.

9. Give up eating cereal for the rest of your life.

10. Beat Hoff in the Finals of the 1st Annual TSM Draw Something Obscure and Funny, Yet Not Very Well Drawn in MS Paint Contest.

Start checking these off, and you'll be at the top here in no time. Impress the right guys, and you'll get an invite. Solid 5 year plan.

10. Beat Hoff in the Finals of the 1st Annual TSM Draw Something Obscure and Funny, Yet Not Very Well Drawn in MS Paint Contest.

BRING THE SHIZZLE! I'll out-draw anyone 'round these parts.

The new generation of boarders are engaging in shtick that was considered fresh and funny (the latter of which is now debatable) in 2004. The older members are recycling thread ideas that were arguably neat when first implemented years ago—the Ask ______ thread; Hoff looking for MSpaint ideas—but are long past their sell-by date. Vanhalen is bumping old threads, ostensibly to show that this board used to be "better," but is only showing this board was never good, or that he has bad taste in old threads. I suspect a little bit of both.

This board mirrors WWE in almost every way.

unzips pants

The pink streak in the hair is what really sells this one.

As to the topic: habit, and wanting to talk to people who don't post at the Pit.

Guest Vitamin X
8. Organize a petition to start a new folder where everyone is allowed in except for Mole.

That's going to be a difficult one to do, but I don't think he even comes into this folder to begin with.