TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 10/2 - 10/7

Illinois is a non-factor. Putting them as a Title Game candidate is assuming they don't do the usual Zook choke.

Illinois doesn't pass the ball enough to win against Michigan, and their pass defense isn't so great. I would much rather see them in the Title Game than almost every other team out there, it just isn't going to happen. The Big Ten is too weak to get a one-loss team in.

Remember when Illinois had that standout season and only lost like 1 or 2 games? They didn't even go to the BCS title game and got blown out by LSU on the road (yeah that's right, the Sugar Bowl/Superdome is basically a home game for LSU).

Here is South Florida's schedule from here on. I don't really think it is all that soft, although there isn't much in the way of road games. The numbers in parentheses are from www.realtimerpi.com.

Central Florida (69)

at Rutgers (23)

at UConn (28)

Cincinnati (17)

Syracuse (144)

Louisville (91)

at Pitt (62)

Out of that schedule I think USF will lose 2 or 3 games to be honest. Rutgers is bound to get their heads on straight at some point and get a big win and UConn is also better than expected. Let's also not forget that Cincy rolled USF last year and Cincy is much improved now. I would say that U of L has a shot but even if this year wasn't a debacle already U of L doesn't play too well in Tampa. In other words, it's silly to even talk about USF at this point. If they can win the next 4 games though, it's quite likely they could run the table.