TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Series Thread

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Cubs fan/atheist/left winger/whatever

heeeeeeeeey

Anyway, I wouldn't be forced into name-calling if you didn't act like such a White Sox fan (more name-calling) about the whole thing. Even I would've rather seen the Brewers in it than the Diamondbacks, because at least I have some good Brewer fan friends (the kind who don't have pathetic inferiority complexes regarding Chicago and its teams) who would've been happy to see that, and because they're a good team to watch.

Sad day for the Phillies, but oh well.

Congrats to the Rockies. Phillies bats were flat, and guys like Howard, Utley, etc. had an awful series.

Still, got to go to a Phillies playoff game and the season was awesome, so hope they come back with some more pitching next year and get to the NLCS!

The Mets fan quoting a Phillies fan post is just laughable, since your team still didn't make it. Phillies just ran into a better team. Mets just ran into bad teams and couldn't beat them. For every shot at the Phillies you take, just remember, they are better than the Mets and the NL East Champs! Whoo!

Mets off to an hot off-season by re-signing Big Willie Style!

The Angels took out 2 of their CRITICAL players to give them rest for the series. That cost them the entire series, though.

I didn't really get any enjoyment out of the Astros being swept in 2005

Let's be fair here. It's because it was the White Sox doing the sweeping.

That whole WS matchup put Cubs fans between Scylla and Charybdis

Hell, despite my hatred of the Astros I couldn't even get behind the White Sox and their awe-inspiring lineup of Crede/Podsednik/Iguchi/Eyechart/etc

Guest NYankees
The Angels took out 2 of their CRITICAL players to give them rest for the series. That cost them the entire series, though.

Did the Angels think that they were playing the Yankees?

Sad day for the Phillies, but oh well.

It's a sad day to be a Cubs fan too, but we all knew it was over for them anyway.

I'm just looking forward to a Cleveland victory and Joe Torre's inevitable "firing". ;)

Guest NYankees

I bet Angel fans are pissed that they didn't get the Yankees in the first round. Hot Red Sox fan making out with a faggot in the stands

Guest NYankees
Against the Yankees, that throw is perfect and it magically turns into a triple play.

It wouldn't have got to the point of a triple play. The Angels would have swept the Yankees and the pitching would have pitched a perfect game in each win.

Too bad the Angels dont bend over and take it up the ASS for the Yankees like they do for the Red Sox every year.

I'm not even watching anymore and they're not even playing anymore.

Time to bring the rally monkeys out for a 39 run inning

Guest Gym Class Fallout

NYYankees is unhealthily dwelling on the Angels' success against the Yankees in postseason play.

Should this end as it is, the Red Sox would have 9 consecutive wins over the Angels, going back to the last three games of the 86 ALCS, which made me try and think of other long postseason streaks of one team over another.

Off the top of my head I thought of the Yankees winning 9 straight against the Rangers in the late 90s, and the A's winning 10 straight over Boston (88 and 90 ALCS sweeps, first two of 03 DS). I gave a cursory glance at MLB's postseason history and nothing else really stood out to me, but maybe our own statbot knows of some others

Guest NYankees

I know that the Yankees have won 8 straight against the Cubs in the World Series going back to the 1930's and 8 straight against the Braves in 96 and 99.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I can't find the original shadow post. Slayer, do it for me. You're good at that.

I can't find the original shadow post. Slayer, do it for me. You're good at that.

I'm not your personal search engine!