EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Series Thread

Guest Gym Class Fallout
I want

Cubs beat the motherfucking shit out of the cracker-ass worthless fanless Dbags

Phillies over Rockies

I'll get

the opposite of all of those

Firm understanding pat on the shoulder to my man Al Keiper.

You know who's gotta be feeling really good right now: Dodgers and Padres fans, especially after that double stinker from last year

Guest Gym Class Fallout
You know who's gotta be feeling really good right now: Dodgers and Padres fans, especially after that double stinker from last year

I don't know how Cracker Showdown mitigates two gigantic late-season collapses, but okay. I'd be more pissed about losing Game 163 than the results of the 2007 LDSs vis-a-vis the 2006 iterations.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
I will say that if you can look past it being two recent expansion clubs, the next series looks really good. Two clubs with great bullpens, built primarily with homegrown talent.

I don't care who any of these people are and I'm not going to watch a single inning of it. I'll catch some ALDS stuff, then I'm movnig on.

technically Randy Johnson is getting closer to another World Series ring being back with the D-Backs then he would have been with the Yanks.

And Todd Helton is closer now than he would be if he were traded to the Sox.

CELLLLLL EBRATE GOOD TIMES, C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE THE NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MVP JIMMY ROLLINS!!!!!!!!!

THE TEAM TO BEAT!

haha.

With a LOVEABLE team that will NOT die!!!!!

ahahahahaha.

Al, my condolences. I'll gladly let you sit for a ride on the Heartbreak Express with me and Czech. I won't twist the knife.

I still need to ask though where UTSU has vanished to since the Phillies/Rockies NLDS started. He couldn't stop gloating when things were going well....but, oh so unfortunately, has suddenly disappeared.

Edited by NYU

Guest Smues

I'm excited for the NLCS, and if the Indians can finish off the Yankess I'll be excited for the ALCS as well.

As for Randy Johnson, isn't he not on the playoff roster, and therefore wouldn't get a ring?

I'm still trying to figure out why Mets fans are so happy. Your team couldn't even handle a 7 game lead. They would have been swept out as well.

As for Randy Johnson, isn't he not on the playoff roster, and therefore wouldn't get a ring?

They can give a ring to anyone they want.

technically Randy Johnson is getting closer to another World Series ring being back with the D-Backs then he would have been with the Yanks.

Oh c'mon Al. You're better than that.

I'm excited for the NLCS, and if the Indians can finish off the Yankess I'll be excited for the ALCS as well.

It's up to the organization to distribute rings, not based on active rosters or anything like that. Commonly, they will at least give one to any player active during the season. The Red Sox gave them practically to everyone in the front office as well.

Guest Smues
CELLLLLL EBRATE GOOD TIMES, C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE THE NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MVP JIMMY ROLLINS!!!!!!!!!

THE TEAM TO BEAT!

haha.

With a LOVEABLE team that will NOT die!!!!!

ahahahahaha.

Al, my condolences. I'll gladly let you sit for a ride on the Heartbreak Express with me and Czech. I won't twist the knife.

I still need to ask though where UTSU has vanished to since the Phillies/Rockies NLDS started. He couldn't stop gloating when things were going well....but, oh so unfortunately, has suddenly disappeared.

If you want to see a really bad example of that find the thread he started where he'd gloat after every team was eliminated from the NFL post season and then never posted in it again after Philly lost to Tampa.

Oh c'mon Al.

Well the Red Sox are a win back. I'm not being critical, just noting that Helton has his shot with his hometown team. I think it goes to show that shopping for a team based on finding a ring is overrated. Sometimes (like Pudge in '03) it falls into your lap.

The MLB.com and TSM Mets fans all show signs of grieving:

"This isn't happening. Come on, Phils are 4 games back, they're not catching the Mets ..." - DENIAL

"WTF?!?!? COACH YOUR TEAM WILLIE! Ugh! Another shitty performance by Wagner!" - ANGER

"You know what? If they don't make the playoffs at least Willie gets fired!" - BARGAINING

"Fuck this. Let the team go down. This is ridiculous." - DEPRESSION

And devo comes with the latest:

"Might as well forget everything that's happened, 'cause it doesn't matter anymore." - ACCEPTANCE

We'll never forget those Mets that we grieve for. Our feelings may be tempered more with good memories than sadness as time passes, but that isn't to say that waves of raw emotion won't overcome us way after we thing we should be done.

I think the trick here is to understand that the feelings will occur, try to keep them in perspective, try to understand why you feel a certain way, and if there are any unresolved issues that cause particular emotional pain, forgive yourself and others and if necessary talk with someone about it.

There is no completion date to grieving...let your emotions flow through the stages of grief.

Mr. Met loves you!

ahahahahahaha.

It's up to the organization to distribute rings, not based on active rosters or anything like that. Commonly, they will at least give one to any player active during the season. The Red Sox gave them practically to everyone in the front office as well.

Didn't the White Sox give Frank Thomas one when he had about ten at bats all season and they had him pushed half way out the door?

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Yeah, and then Kenny Williams said he was a piece of shit and they were better off without him. (Big Hurt wasn't grindy enough.) Those rings weren't that nice anyway.

Are there ANY Rockies/Backs/Indians fans around these parts? It'll be a quiet post season from here on out. Although the Mets fans will probably make irrational and poorly executed shots at the Red Sox for no discernible reason.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Are there ANY Rockies/Backs/Indians fans around these parts? It'll be a quiet post season from here on out. Although the Mets fans will probably make irrational and poorly executed shots at the Red Sox for no discernible reason.

Leena was harassing me on AIM about "Douglas Davis" and "Christopher Young," but I think she's pretending to be a Dbags fan just as much as everyone out there. Geedorah said he likes the Rockies when they're good. I think one person here likes the Indians; I forgot whom. I suggest that we treat this NLCS like homosexuality in Victorian England: just pretend it's not there and don't talk about it.

Although the Mets fans will probably make irrational and poorly executed shots at the Red Sox for no discernible reason.

Do you not like me because I cant tell the difference between you and the other four "Hawk + random number" posters on this board?

Besides that, I like the Sox. I'll gladly cheer for them the rest of the way.

Now, the Yankees. I despise them.

Guest NYankees
Other than the Yankees winning the World Series and Joe Carters walkoff homerun, this is my favorite memory in Baseball History. I can picture Al in a fetal posistion crying.

Tough luck. I'm perfectly calm and composed right now.

I forgot that you are used to losers, My bad.

Didn't the White Sox give Frank Thomas one when he had about ten at bats all season and they had him pushed half way out the door?

Not quite as bad as the Red Sox giving Nomar a ring, which is hilarious, as all anyone could talk about after the World Series that year was that it wouldn't have happened if they hadn't traded him away.

I like Brandon Webb just because I believe he's one of if not the best pitcher in the National League. But I just finished the series and truthfully, I can't name most of the starters.

The one I can remember? Augie Ojeda, and thats only because he was a Cub. Hell coming into the series, I thought Brandon Hudson was still healthy for crap sake.

I'm looking forward to the NLCS since it'll be calm, peaceful and match-up between two very hot teams. I'm not looking forward to the other series unless it's not the Red Sox. Sorry, I got a half brother in my family who hasn't shut up about Boston being the best and unstoppable. Plus I like those delightful "NO YANKEES OR BOSTON, WHY SHOULD PEOPLE CARE OMG!" stories from the media every year.

I don't even know who you are

Impossible.

but I do know the Mets cheer section of this board reached a rather pathetic level tonight.

In case you hadn't noticed, my gloating isn't about the Phillies losing. It's more about mocking UTSU and his obnoxious posts from the last week of the season.

Get a clue, Hawk 3,240,500.