TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH Boston/Jersey Weekend (now with results)

Night One (Boston)

RESULTS

Preshow

1) Bryan Fury defeats Alex "Sugarfoot" Payne.

2) Handsome Johnny defeats Rhett Titus with a roundhouse kick.

Main Show

1) The Hangmen's Three of Brent Albright & Adam Pearce defeat The Resilience of Erick Stevens & Matt Cross when Albright pinned Stevens with a half nelson suplex in an OK opener.

2) BJ Whitmer defeats Delirious with a tombstone piledriver. A few hecklers in the crowd were getting on BJ chanting "Mr. Kennedy" at him. After the match Delirious nailed Hagadorn with a chair throw.

~The Age of the Fall cut a promo and was ambushed by Jay Briscoe. They brawled out and to the back.

3) Nigel McGuinness defeats Hallowicked, Tyler Black, and El Generico with the Tower of London on Hallowicked. Crowd is super hot, especially for Generico and Nigel.

~About 15 minutes of prematch mic work prior to Hero/Claudio. Hero announced that the word "f***" would be barred from the match, so a "f***" chant went up.

4) Claudio Castagnoli defeats Chris Hero with a European Uppercut.

~Jay Briscoe and Necro Butcher brawl back out in to the crowd. Jay gets 12 or so chairs piled on him and body slammed on to one. They fight back in to the ring.

5) Necro Butcher of The Age of the Fall defeats Jay Briscoe with a sidewalk slam through a chair in a totally freaking insane match. Mark came out on crutches and tossed Jay a chair but Butcher nailed him with one of his own. After the match Mark was carried off by the Age of the Fall. Jay cut a short promo and got in the face of some fan wearing a bandana. Nearly came to blows.

6) Age Of The Fall squash Mitch Franklin & Ernie Osiris. Mitch took a running powerbomb in to the rail then a double finisher in the ring. Jay Briscoe ran out after them but the AotF escaped.

7) Austin Aries defeats Bryan Danielson via submission in a very even and very very good match. Aries was the slightly more over of the two. MOTN thus far.

8) Jack Evans, Ruckus, & Jigsaw defeat Roderick Strong, Rocky Romero, and Davey Richards when Jack hit the 630 on Romero. Tons of spots here, with everyone hitting dives and finishers. The most over match tonight thus far.

9) Takeshi Morishima defeats Kevin Steen to retain the ROH World Championship. High impact slugfest of a match dominated by Steen for the most part. Steen busted out a sharpshooter that the crowd went nuts for. Generico came out to ringside to encourage Steen, but Steen poured a water bottle on him and Generico left. Morishima hit the backdrop driver to retain.

Night Two (Jersey) card

ROH World Title Match

Takeshi Morishima vs. Nigel McGuinness

Anything Goes Match

Jay Briscoe vs. The Necro Butcher

Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong

Loser Of The Fall Leaves ROH For 60 Days

Matt Cross & Erick Stevens vs. Davey Richards & Rocky Romero

Adam Pearce, BJ Whitmer & Brent Albright vs. Delirious & ?????

Sara Del Rey vs. Daizee Haze

Jack Evans & Ruckus vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black

Results, taken from another board:

Hero vs. Claudio - no match. Sweeney is holding out.

Tyler Black & Jimmy Jacobs over Jack Evans & Ruckus. Guillotine on Evans to finish the match. "Ruckus the choclate vulture" (Aaron's words, not mine.) "Tyler looks awesome." **1/2

Daizee Haze over Sara Del Ray by rollup when Claudio comes out to attack Sweeney.

Danielson comes out to challenge Hero.

Danielson kicks Hero's fucking head in, match ends due to ref stoppage. Was said to have started off with "boring" mat wrestling. "Dragons worst non squash since his return." ***-***1/4

Pearce calls out Steen. Steen sits in a chair while Pearce talks about hating masked wrestlers. Whitmer & Albright come out with a beaten Generico, Steen turns face and helps out Generico, Delirious comes out. Steen says only he can beat up Generico. Six man tag.

Hangmen Three over Delirious, Steen & Generico. Half nelson suplex on Delirous. "Steen looked like a star." ***1/4

Austin Aries over Roderick Strong via a crazy finish. Crowd started off dead. Aries did a lackluster job of selling the back, such as he didn't sell it after Strong gave him a sidewalk slam on the top turnbuckle. All kinds of finishers and trademark moves got kicked out of, the kick/brainbuster/450 combo, the fireman's gutbuster and tiger driver. Some reversal work was done as well. Finishing sequence comes when Aries gives Strong a brainbuster through a table that was in between the ring and a guardrail, then Aries does a 450 but slightly botches the landing because it turns into a double foot stomp. Aries did a bad job of selling the shitload of backbreakers Strong gave him throughout the match. Turned out to be a very good match though. ***1/2

NIGEL MCGUINNESS DEFEATS TAKESHI MORISHIMA FOR ROH WORLD TITLE. ***1/2 MORE DETAILS ON THE MATCH TO COME AND POST-MATCH ACTIVITIES AS WELL.

COMPLETE RING OF HONOR DEDICATION PPV SPOILERS INCLUDING NEW ROH CHAMPION CROWNED

by Mike Johnson

Ring of Honor Undeniable PPV Spoilers from Edison, NJ:

*The PPV opened with Claudio Castagnoli in the ring for his match with Chris Hero. Larry Sweeney comes out and says he doesn't like the terms of the match so he's having Hero sit out. Dave Prazak said they would have to get Claudio another opponent. Claudio left.

*The Age of the Fall came to the ring. Jimmy Jacobs cuts a promo saying that ROH won't let them get to the Briscoes until they beat some teams so he issues an open challenge. The Vulture Squad hit the ring.

*The Age of the Falls's Tyler Black & Jimmy Jacobs defeated The Vulture Squad's Jack Evans & Ruckus when Jacobs forced Evans to submit. Fun opener with some really good high spotsand fast offense once it got going.

Hero and company were in the ring upset when Bryan Danielson's music hit. He said they represent all that's wrong about sports by holding ROH up and challenges Chris Hero to prove he's the great athlete he prolaims himself to be.

*In a very good match, Bryan Danielson defeated Chris Hero when Danielson began nailing Hero repeatedly with a curb stomp. When Hero wouldn't respond to the referee Todd Sinclaire, Sinclaire called for the bell.

*Adam Pearce comes to the ring and says he needs to speak to Kevin Steen, who comes to the ring. Pearce says he represents the Hangmen 3. He says that Steen associates himself with El Generico who cost him a tag title shot. He offers Steen a spot with the Hangmen and presents him an "offering" to show he's serious. BJ Whitmer, Shane Hagadorn and Brent Albright drag out Generico. They hold him and Pearce tries to goad Steen into destroying his partner. Steen considers but then attacked the Hangmen. They get the advantage but Delirious makes the save. This starts a six man tag....

*The Hangmen 3 defeated Kevin Steen & El Generico & Delirious when Brent Albright pinned Delirous after an exploder suplex. Another good match with a great, fast pace, some dives and a good story being told.

*Austin Aries pinned Roderick Strong in an excellent back and forth, hard hitting match. Aries gave Strong a brainbuster off the apron through a table. He then nailed a 450 splash for the pin. At this point, the best match on the PPV, although everything was been solid to good.

*in an excellent match, Nigel McGuinnness captured the ROH championship, pinning Takeshi Morishima after a lariat. Unbelieveable match. ROH's roster hit the ring for a big celebration.. Bryan Danielson got in Nigel's face and there was a brief pullapart. Once that settled down, Morishima awarded Nigel the belt. They slightly teased an Aries-Nigel deal when Aries congratulated him. The PPV portion of the taping has completed.

Bob is running naked in the streets right now.

Non-ppv results

7) Claudio Castagnoli defeats Jigsaw with a European Uppercut.

8) The No Remorse Corp of Rocky Romero & Davey Richards defeats The Resilience of Matt Cross & Erick Stevens when Romero pins Cross sending him out of ROH for 60 days. After the match the NRC destroyed the arm of Erick Stevens.

9) Necro Butcher defeats Jay Briscoe in an anything goes match. At one point there were 20-30 chairs in the ring. Necro won with a side suplex in to some chairs. The Age of the Fall brought Mark out and tied him in barbed wire.

Something told me when I got online just now that Nigel won it, it just seemed like he's had too many title shots and was so strong in the pay-per-view match with Danielson that he(in my opinion) had to win the belt tonight.

Guest gfanikf

I can tell you that match was excellent. A really great knock out battle with Nigel pulling out everything for the win. I figured the Japanese guys with cameras (video and photograph) were NOAH people as they were carrying his luggage also (I think he left around 10ish). He took the time though to even say goodbye and thank the guys at the march station which I though was pretty cool. Pics are already up at NOAH

http://noah-usa.cc/honoluluoffice1.html

It was insane sitting there and there goes Morshima walks right by you. Had a great time. Picked a great event to go to. Truth is this is the first event I've been to since I was a kid back in 92. I got a picture of Necros blood on the ground if anyone wants it lol. That match was crazy as hell.

Best 10 bucks I ever spent!

If anyone has any questions feel free to post them and I'll try and answer them the best I can.

Guest huss

So is Morishima heading back to Japan? If so, I'm kind of glad I'm not going to the LV or SF shows. I really would have liked to see him in person.

So is Morishima heading back to Japan? If so, I'm kind of glad I'm not going to the LV or SF shows. I really would have liked to see him in person.

He's booked for the Misawa shows in November.

I'm pretty glad Nigel is champ but to be honest the match was a bit dissapointing and sloppy. I hope they edit it a bit so it looks better on ppv. I thought the booking was perfect because Nigel came so close to beating Shima at the same venue in April. He is over as fuck in Edison, and Edison crowds sit on their hands most of the time.

Guest gfanikf

Yeah, I noticed the reverse move he does off the rope was a bit sloppy (its always seem a little too telegraphed to me). Still the crowd was super hot last night. A smartass part of me wants ROH to title the next PPV "A Tribute to Stan Hansen" lol. Still I had a lot of fun. Its crazy how many people who were there post on TSM and DVDR. I wish I had ran into someone from the boards.

This was my first ROH show and it was fairly entertaining. I didn't like that they had the world title match before the intermission, as the second half felt like it was dragging until the Briscoe/Necro match.

My favorite matches of the night was either Claudio/Jigsaw or Hero/AmDrag.

They did the first half because that was the PPV taping and they wanted the crowd hot for the PPV. It's a needed sacrifice to take for the non-ppv section of the show.

I'm still not down with all these impromptu matches on the PPV tapings. I count 3 this time around. Hardly 'classic ROH booking' (except for the original Unscripted... *shudders*), it's basically TV booking, RAW, Nitro, whatever.

I understand they can't do these angles on an actual TV show to build matches but it still doesn't seem right.

Really pleased for Nigel, great wrestler and super nice person every time I've met him. I can't speak as some one that has seen much of his new style since he started throwing all the lariats according to people, but he entertains me and I can't wait to see where his reign takes not only him but the belt.

I read an interview that was done since the win and he apparently knew his title win was on the way for almost a year. It's pleasing to know that the future of the belt is planned that far in advance.