TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Let's Start Talking Worst Album of 2007

Paramore - Riot. There's really nothing worse.

Zack Malibu disagrees with you.

Indeed I do. The major flaw with Riot! is that it's almost like what some people would call a "sell out" album, in that they seem to be wanting to goad in the pop-alt crowd and commercialize themselves, rather than stick with what they normally do. While I enjoy the album, All We Know Is Falling is ten times better. They put on a good live show too. First time I saw them (and heard them, mind you), they were the opening act for a band called Acceptance. 2 years later and while Acceptance broke up, the opening acts that night (Paramore, Cartel, Augustana and Receiving End Of Sirens) all came into their own.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I just think they sound absolutely terrible. It's just Avril Lavigne + Fall Out Boy, really, and their single isn't even that memorable. At least "Girlfriend" was so catchy it made you want to defenestrate yourself just to stop it from playing in your head.

I just think they sound absolutely terrible. It's just Avril Lavigne + Fall Out Boy, really, and their single isn't even that memorable. At least "Girlfriend" was so catchy it made you want to defenestrate yourself just to stop it from playing in your head.

That's pretty much my point. Riot! comes off at times as "we're trying too hard", as if they want every single to be a Top 40 hit sung out loud in the car. They didn't try that on the first album. In fact "Emergency" is catchier than anything off of Riot!, IMO.

Hands down worst album of the year:

"Playing with fire" by Kevin Federline

It went certified double copper.

2006 buddy.

And I seriously doubt anybody on this board (except maybe Milky) has actually listened to that album. Granted, it's probably shit but nonetheless. I don't think we can nominate albums we haven't listened to.

You're right, I have. It does suck, but it doesn't suck in a funny way, it's just dull. As such, I wouldn't call it the worst album of any year, because it's not aggressively bad, it just has nothing to offer.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Why would you be in a band with a girl unless you're fucking her.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Chicks in bands dig dudes in bands.

But if you know you're not going to, why bother? Nobody will ever care who you are, and you'll just burst from sexual tension and jealousy. By this logic, we can surmise that the bass player in this band is a homosexual.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I thought it was implied that I meant fronting the band. I'm sure the post must've felt good, though, so soak it up.

Who is David Bryne?

Somebody hook me up with Clipse, In Rainbows cannot be the best album I have heard that came out this year.

Clipse haven't released anything new since last November. Hell Hath No Fury is, however, leaps and bounds better than any album I've heard this year.

Okay, you know, I tried. I really did. But that album fucking sucks. I kept it in my car thinking maybe one day I would get what everyone else was hearing but that album really REALLY fucking sucks. There. I said it.

I agree 100%. I used to be a big rap fan back in the day, but just completely lost interest the past few years. I went and picked up the Clipse album after everyone creamend themselves over it and just couldn't figure out what the big deal was. I listened to it three or four times and just couldn't get into it. At all.

By this logic, we can surmise that the bass player in this band is a homosexual.

That can be surmised by looking at that picture.

Which one is the bass player? They all look like homosexuals.

Paramore - Riot. There's really nothing worse.

Zack Malibu disagrees with you.

Indeed I do. The major flaw with Riot! is that it's almost like what some people would call a "sell out" album, in that they seem to be wanting to goad in the pop-alt crowd and commercialize themselves, rather than stick with what they normally do. While I enjoy the album, All We Know Is Falling is ten times better. They put on a good live show too. First time I saw them (and heard them, mind you), they were the opening act for a band called Acceptance. 2 years later and while Acceptance broke up, the opening acts that night (Paramore, Cartel, Augustana and Receiving End Of Sirens) all came into their own.

I'll take this opportunity to note that Augustana has released the back cover/song list for their new album, due out in early 2008:

l_4c294394c1a4a50dda01a5130acceeb7.jpg

/shameless promoting of my friends

Guest Gym Class Fallout

No place for an Augustana shoutout like a "Worst Album" thread, I guess, but even then, they're not offensive enough to be the worst at anything. It's like Coldplay.

EDIT: re: outfits

They're trying too hard. I especially like Mr. Longhair in the vest and tight pants, grabbing his crotch. He looks like Metal Ed's gay brother who moved to the big city, but never forgot his Wausau roots.

Your friends look like total fagmos.

I've been friends with the 2 on the right, Jared and Chris, for 12 and 19 years, respectively. I cannot account for the rest of the band as I do not know them well, but damn... for looking like "total fagmos" they get some top notch women.