Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

10/11 Impact

Preview:

monsters_preview.gif

PREVIEW FOR NEXT THURSDAY’S TWO-HOUR “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV

Witness the final countdown to the “Bound For Glory” Pay-Per-View

By Bill Banks

The following is the preview for the huge two-hour “iMPACT!” this Thursday night on SpikeTV – the final countdown to the “Bound For Glory” Pay-Per-View on Sunday, October 14!

- The big question is what happened between Kurt Angle and Sting’s son after cameras went off the air! The TNA World Heavyweight Champion is scheduled to be at Thursday’s broadcast – and so is Sting! Will all hell break loose between Sting and Angle after what the Olympic gold medalist did this past week? Tune in and find out!

- Also scheduled for Thursday’s broadcast, it will be TNA World Tag Team Champions Team Pacman taking on Triple X in a non-title bout!

- X Division Champion “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal will be in action against Havok of Serotonin

- Robert Roode w/ Ms. Brooks faces “The Canadian Destroyer” Petey Williams

- In a preview of the Monster’s Ball match at Bound For Glory, this Thursday night will feature Rhino teaming with Abyss to take on Raven and Black Reign in a tag team bout!

- Plus, “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage plans to unveil his new talk show called “Chattin’ With The Champ”. Who will Cage have as his first guest?

All this and much more this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV – two hours of Total Nonstop Action as TNA counts down the days until the “Bound For Glory” Pay-Per-View event on Sunday, October 14!

Discuss...

Guest solanoz

I saw the match from the previous week Black Reign vs some guy (sorry I forgot his name), and the guy won via DQ.

How disappointing... Black Reign is pretty much a bad bad version of Goldust. I didn't know Dustin was in TNA until I did a search on Google and saw his match against that guy I just mentioned. But yeah, his entrance music is bad, his gear is bad, he seems to have put on a lot of weight as well (but I remember him saying it's in his DNA or something, that it's really hard for him not to gain weight), and yeah overall it was like seeing such a great performer fall from grace. I thought I saw that when Goldust was given a 'filler' role on WWE... but I guess I was wrong.

I'll watch this match to see if there's any sort of improvement or whatever. And I'll wait to see how he does in promos. Dustin is so great on the mic, but maybe it was just for the Goldust character, I don't know.

Sorry about just focusing on Black Reign, he's the only one I watched on YouTube for the past TNA event. And also since I'm a fan of the Goldust character, I was expecting something as good... but yeah... anywayz...

The ultimate sad aspect of Dustin Rhodes' career is that his peak as a wrestler and his peak in terms of working the mic and having charisma did not coincide. His WCW work in the early 90s was very good, but he had zero mic skills. Then as Goldust he had all sorts of charisma but he mainly sucked in the ring (aside from his 2002 run with Booker perhaps).

Guest solanoz

He was pretty good in the ring when he first started, like his match against Bam Bam Bigelow or against Razor Ramon, etc. He wasn't outstanding with his moves or anything but he was pretty good. It's only for the most part of his last run in the WWE that he suddenly became 'jobber-like' which I thought was a sad end to such a great character. :(

Is Pacman still not allowed to get physically involved?

No he's not. And from what I read because of that he will be gone after Sunday (the contract he signed lasted until BFG). I guess that means we will see new Tag Team Champions, YAY!

Amazing Kong is a fucking beast. I love that TNA signed her to a contract. She's going to have some great matches with Jackie.

IMO, Rikishi was most interesting when he was heel (post Austin run-down, "I did it for the Rock") and was teaming with Haku.

As for Pacman being gone - GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE!

EDIT: Wow, worst 3D I've ever seen on Kishi there..

That ending was sweet. I love how Sting was still in the ring. Everyone knew it was him, but it was still a good way to build up the match. Well, no we know Kurt is retaining.

I dunno about that, Sting after all was recently seen jobbing without a hint of irony to PACMAN JONES. If I'm him I'd flat out demand a title run to do that crap.

I enjoyed most of this show tonight but is it just me or is there hardly an X Division left at this point? If they are going to bury that belt then they need a TV or N. American title so that a bunch of midcard guys can feud over something.

I liked the ending of the show, but I want Junior Fatu's fat ass to stay out of Orlando. That said, he is far, far better in-ring than he was in the WWE.

Traci's titties are ridiculous.

It seemed like the pacing was better this week, and there was way less interference, but nothing on this show stood out to me like the 8 man last week. Also, there should never been a week without the MCMGs on my TV. They're the most entertaining thing in TNA right now.