TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywarp!

Ralph Nadar: Why Bush Hasn't Been Impeached.

According to Ralphie, Bush has silently threatened to bomb Iran, declare a state of emergency and cancel the 2008 election should impeachment be brought to the table. Uh, is that even possible?

According to Ralphie, Bush has silently threatened to bomb Iran, declare a state of emergency and cancel the 2008 election should impeachment be brought to the table. Uh, is that even possible?

</a>

In a stealth maneuver, President Bush has signed into law a provision which, according to Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vermont), will actually encourage the President to declare federal martial law (1). It does so by revising the Insurrection Act, a set of laws that limits the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States. The Insurrection Act (10 U.S.C.331 -335) has historically, along with the Posse Comitatus Act (18 U.S.C.1385), helped to enforce strict prohibitions on military involvement in domestic law enforcement. With one cloaked swipe of his pen, Bush is seeking to undo those prohibitions.

Public Law 109-364, or the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007" (H.R.5122) (2), which was signed by the commander in chief on October 17th, 2006, in a private Oval Office ceremony, allows the President to declare a "public emergency" and station troops anywhere in America and take control of state-based National Guard units without the consent of the governor or local authorities, in order to "suppress public disorder."

Link to the JWDA

The fact is that he can only do that if its a domestic attack. Bombing Iran wouldn't be enough unless they retaliate or something.

Dammit Nadar, you aren't Ross Perot so stop trying to be just like his crazy ass.

I :wub: Ross Perot.

I couldn't pick which video that I wanted to post so I posted both.