TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smues

Let's start talking Worst Song of 2007

I knew Milky would defend that song. I haven't heard it, but I can imagine it's shit.

I'm still saying Scouting For Girls - She's So Loverly. For those of you who haven't heard it, here is is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X95ycVOPcP8 It's seven types of shit in a handbag.

As for Gwen, I really like that song but Akon does wreck it by being a twat.

And (I probably shouldn't say this) but I really like My Chemical Romance's Teenagers song. It's pretty fucking catchy and the only MCR song I've ever liked. So much so that I downloaded it for my ipod.

Now wait a minute, "Gimme More" is infamous for her doing a terrible live version of it, but that doesn't affect the song itself, which is not noticeably of a lesser quality than her previous work (granted, it's no "Toxic", but it's second tier as far as her singles go). It's not like she wrote it herself, there's no reason for it to suffer any dip in quality, and it doesn't. If you don't like that song, you probably weren't much of a fan to begin with, in which case you weren't expected to like it.

Guest Smues
Huey: "Pop, lock, and drop it" : Insert random crap about yet another stupid dance rap song.

So THAT'S what the fuck they're saying in that song. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. What the hell does pop lock and drop it mean?

Even though they're all a bunch of fucking kids...

Die Hipster Scum Die.

That girl's face wants me to shit on it.

Why does that kid have a cape?

Gimme More isn't that bad, it's on par with her musical output. Big Girls Don't Cry is awesome when I'm drunk, mainly because I only know the chorus. And Rihanna is fucking hot.

My vote is for "Bleed it Out".

That's the first time I've ever heard that song/group, but I've got to say I kinda liked it... But don't know why, it's sort of in the same realm of liking Bis but can't for the life of me working out why.

Guest Smues

Driving home last night the radio reminded me of another awful 2007 song I had somehow managed to block out of my mind. Lean like a Cholo. I have no idea nor do I care who sings it.

All da homies dey know what I mean, baby let me show you how I lean! (Like a cholo)

When we do a dance then we do it like what? (Like a, like a cholo)

Edit: I found the music video. It makes it even better (see also: worse)

We do it like what?

I've never heard of most of these songs. Am I really that out of touch?

Nah, I haven't heard of about half of the songs either. I've just really zoned out mainstream radio in the past two or three years.

I just listened to that Souljia boy song for the first time. I can't believe i'm saying this but I like it. It's catchy.

I thought that 'girlfriend' was probably the best Avril Lavigne song that I've heard.

I'd agree but it'd kind of hard to not be cause it really is a huge ripoff of The Rubinoos "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend", which is a damn fine power pop song "Girlfriend" isn't nearly as good as it but I'll take it over Sk8er Boi or any other any Avril song I've heard any day of the week.

Paul McCartney - "Nod Your Head"

Maybe not the worst, but worth a mention.

I am utterly against Paul McCartney in all his forms at this point. The ipod ad was the pinnacle of abhorrence.

Paul McCartney - "Nod Your Head"

Maybe not the worst, but worth a mention.

I am utterly against Paul McCartney in all his forms at this point. The ipod ad was the pinnacle of abhorrence.

I stopped giving a shit about Paul McCartney a few years ago when he went after the seal hunt. He come off looking like a complete tool.

As for good Avril Lavigne songs, I have always been a fan of Losing Grip and Take Me Away. Surprisingly good rocks songs considering the kind of pop she usually does.

As for good Avril Lavigne songs, I have always been a fan of Losing Grip and Take Me Away. Surprisingly good rocks songs considering the kind of pop she usually does.
Uhg, you canadians stick together huh.

Not true that douche bag just happens to be a good friend of mine and I hate everything Avril Lavigne has ever done. He shall be promptly mocked in person for this.

Not true that douche bag just happens to be a good friend of mine and I hate everything Avril Lavigne has ever done. He shall be promptly mocked in person for this.

Thanks assface