TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Joe Torre gone from Yankees

What everyone, especially in the greater NY area has to realize, is that the Yankees of the mid-late 1990's/begining of the 2000's were the perfect storm. Every move was the right move, every bounce was the lucky bounce. Those teams were the exception and not the rule, as we have seen since 2000 every year has yielded a different champion. Teams like that don't just come along every few years, they are once in a generation. Everyone needs to take a step back and realize this. I don't even bother talking baseball with anyone I know outside of my dad because everyone refuses to understand the concept that the postseason is a complete crapshoot.

What everyone, especially in the greater NY area has to realize, is that the Yankees of the mid-late 1990's/begining of the 2000's were the perfect storm. Every move was the right move, every bounce was the lucky bounce. Those teams were the exception and not the rule, as we have seen since 2000 every year has yielded a different champion. Teams like that don't just come along every few years, they are once in a generation. Everyone needs to take a step back and realize this. I don't even bother talking baseball with anyone I know outside of my dad because everyone refuses to understand the concept that the postseason is a complete crapshoot.

Nice work transcribing Torre's press conference for those who might have missed it.

Bauer's dead on. The only way to guarantee a playoff victory is to build a ridiculously dominant team. And even then, the 2001 Seattle Mariners lost to a team that lost 20 more games in the regular season. The attitude that anything less than winning might seem admirable, but it's unattainable.

It may be a crapshoot but having the starting pitching raises your chances dramatically. I bet if you measured the number of true #1 starters on a team vs. success in playoffs they would correlate very strongly.

It may be a crapshoot but having the starting pitching raises your chances dramatically. I bet if you measured the number of true #1 starters on a team vs. success in playoffs they would correlate very strongly.

Like the Atlanta Braves and their three Hall of Fame starters?