TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Your first favorite band

We may have done a similar thread like this (perhaps even started by myself) but dammit, it's been long enough and I don't think we've done this exact thread. Anyway, mine was The Jackson 5 appropriately enough when I was about 5.

Led Zeppelin

Either Fishbone or Gwar; my becoming obsessed with them both occurred around the same time.

Gwar came second for me, after the metalheads I was hanging around with in Valdosta shamed me out of liking Nirvana.

The first cassette tape I ever owned was Aerosmith's "Gems"; that was around 1988, when I was 6 or so. They were my first favorite band. After that, it was a long period of liking Mc Hammer and Vanilla Ice followed by getting big into Nirvana and then The Beatles by around 6th grade.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

The first rock bands I got into were Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, but they were the first band that I was really interested in.

The first rock bands I got into were Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, but they were the first band that I was really interested in.

There's no shame in liking either of those bands, though.

I liked Weird Al a lot when I was a little kid, but I was never at the point when I considered the guy my favorite or anything. The Beatles were my first favorite band. They're still my favorite band. I think my mom heard me listening to Aqua and Jock Jams and decided to intervene.

I'll admit it: Weird Al.

Only music I actually bought until I was in grade 7 or 8 or so. I did like Metallica from an early age however; By grade 4, I knew the words to a couple of their songs. But they were just some band my brother listened to at the time: Weird Al was where it was at, for me.

There. Now everyone else can rest assured: Your choice isn't the worst.

I heard Iron Maiden's Powerslave and I was hooked from that moment forward. The guitar sound on that album still kick my ass to this day.

When I was about 6 my brother, who was and is a huge New Wave/Euro-pop fan listened to a lot of the Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, New Order/Joy Division, The Cure and Morrisey/The Smiths. I got big into Pet Shop Boys and still consider them in my top 5 right now along with KoRn, Prince, ICP and Twiztid.