TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

Hogan/Taker was done 15 years ago, but they might re-do it.

Hogan still owes Michaels one, so depending on how desperate he gets that might be a possibility.

Edge/Hogan's possible, borderline probable due to Edge's marking for the Hulkster. Orton/Hogan for the legend of Hulkamania, but his legend killer streak is in limbo. Hogan/Lashley and Hogan/Cena depends on the timelines for their returns from injury.

I'd go Hogan/Taker as the best bet at the moment, with Hogan/Edge and Hogan/Orton being possibilities if Hogan gets desperate for money and agrees to put them over.

They also did Hogan/Taker when Hogan was back in 2002 I believe.....

He'll never work with HBK or HHH, they despise him, especially HBK.....I think you could get some Edge matches...he might actually be better off on Smackdown considering all the Raw stuff...

He also worked with Orton his last time back and the WWE didn't like that because he refused to job.

WWE® Opens New Developmental Territory in Tampa, Fla.

Monday November 19, 10:52 am ET

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--World Wrestling Entertainment® is proud to announce the formation of Florida Championship Wrestling, a new training center for future WWE Superstars. The official developmental territory is scheduled to be fully operational by December 2007.

“Florida Championship Wrestling will serve as a training ground for the WWE Superstars and Divas of the future,” said John Laurinaitis, Senior Vice President, Talent Relations. “FCW is building a top-notch facility in the heart of Tampa Bay that has the capacity to groom our vast crop of rising Superstars.”

FCW’s training facility is being expanded to 10,000 square feet, and will include a 300-seat arena. The rejuvenated training facility will also host a weekly show in front of a live audience to be broadcast for regional television. Currently, the facility operates with four rings in which it trains 35 contracted athletes. WWE plans to increase that number to more than 60 in the near future.

WWE has contracted with WWE Legend and former Superstar Steve Keirn to operate the territory. WWE trainer Tom Prichard will oversee all talent training.

FCW is located at 4535 S Dale Mabry Rd in South Tampa. More information is available at fcwwrestling.com.

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE - News) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/

I think that explains the thoughts on OVW possibly being phased out with FCW becoming the #1 spot.

Watching SD this week, and John Morrison has future ME'er written all over him. These days, in the world of WWE wrestlers having similar styles and gimmicks, its hard to predict who will have *it* one day.

Can't say the same for Miz, though.

He wasn't going to show up at the Impact Zone, it was back in Nashville.

No, that was the "TNA Asylum", the Impact Zone is their current studio.

They also did Hogan/Taker when Hogan was back in 2002 I believe.....

Yes, they did, and jesus christ it sucked. Anyone else remember the angle where Taker dragged Hogan down a hallway behind his motorcycle?

As for possible Hulkster feuds, there ain't many. When he came back to the WWE, Hogan rarely did anything with new talent other than beat them in a one-time match; he only did the feuds and the big matchups with other main eventers. It's probably safe to assume he's gonna be a babyface, which makes his choice of possible opponents incredibly limited; there simply aren't nearly as much top talent in the WWE now as there was five years ago. The company is especially lacking on the heel side right now. I mean, Viscera and fucking Miz are sort of contending for sort of a world belt. Right now, unless they turned someone, the only heels big enough for Hogan to work with are Orton, Edge, Umaga, and Khali.

If you want to have nightmares, just imagine what a 2008 Hogan vs. Khali match would look like.

FCW’s training facility is being expanded to 10,000 square feet, and will include a 300-seat arena. The rejuvenated training facility will also host a weekly show in front of a live audience to be broadcast for regional television. Currently, the facility operates with four rings in which it trains 35 contracted athletes. WWE plans to increase that number to more than 60 in the near future.

So, basically the exact same setup they have with OVW and had with Deep South? Why do they keep opening cookie-cutter developmental territories, getting upset when they don't deliver a bunch of superstars, closing them down, and then opening up an identical territory in another town?

Batista vs. Hogan would not be pretty. I guess they could do Cena vs. Hogan and have it get by on bluff and bravado alone, or maybe the car wreck that would be Austin vs. Hogan.

Let me clarify what I said earlier about old school WWF. From watching 24/7 I can safely say old AWA, NWA Crockett, World Class....all that stuff is better than the WWF stuff from the same time period. As far as the WWF creating stars, yes Sammartino was The Man. But Morales wasn't shit from what I've seen of his work, and we all know Backlund was a good wrestler but had zero charisma until he was well over 40 (and Backlund had tanked business by 1982). Watch an old WWF show from the 1970s and likely the only decent stuff on it is if they brought in guys like Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Mascaras, various Japanese dudes like Fujinami or Tiger Mask, etc. The WWF's actual roster sucked.

The WWF has been good at taking guys who had talent but weren't being used properly and giving them a bigger push. But actually creating the talent?

I honestly think Hogan has more options in TNA then he does with WWE but TNA can't offer Cena. In TNA, there is a line of people that Hogan can work with (Angle, Jarrett, Sting, Nash, Booker, Cage, Tomko, Abyss, and a couple others). WWE is limited to basically Cena/Batista/Lashley (I lump these together because they'd be same type of event except Cena would be the biggest deal), Kennedy/MVP, Umaga/Khali, and maybe a retread of Orton/Undertaker.

Hogan has the Gladiators thing going on and I'm sure he can get other tv digs. Maybe he won't need to make a comeback again.

He wasn't going to show up at the Impact Zone, it was back in Nashville.

No, that was the "TNA Asylum", the Impact Zone is their current studio.

That's what I meant. He said he didn't show up at the Impact Zone, and I said he wouldn't of because the angle was during the Nashville years.

Batista vs. Hogan would not be pretty.

That's irrelevent, because it would draw. And Batista usually steps it up when it really counts, so I doubt the match would be as bad as people would think.

Hogan isn't going to TNA unless he thinks he has no chance of returning to WWE, and he knows that day will never truly come. Hogan might be on the outs with Vince now, but he's been on the outs before and he's always returned eventually.

And why would Hogan go to TNA anyway? It's a second rate promotion, if that, and Hogan, for all his ego and inflated sense of his own position, knows that going to TNA would be a huge step down for him and would serve only to devalue what his name means. Sure, TNA has a bunch of people he could work with, but apart from Sting and possibly Angle, none of the matches would mean anything and would have no real spark or money drawing potential to them.

For all the limited matches Hogan has available with WWE, any one of them will mean far more than all of the potential matches he could have in TNA.

There's really no one Hogan could really work with in the WWE right now. I don't think there's anyone in the WWE right now that could get that speical feeling with gettting a Hogan match.

Hogan vs. MVP and Hogan vs. Kennedy would be the top choices right now, but that doesn't make them good choices.

Batista vs. Hogan would not be pretty. I guess they could do Cena vs. Hogan and have it get by on bluff and bravado alone, or maybe the car wreck that would be Austin vs. Hogan.

Let me clarify what I said earlier about old school WWF. From watching 24/7 I can safely say old AWA, NWA Crockett, World Class....all that stuff is better than the WWF stuff from the same time period. As far as the WWF creating stars, yes Sammartino was The Man. But Morales wasn't shit from what I've seen of his work, and we all know Backlund was a good wrestler but had zero charisma until he was well over 40 (and Backlund had tanked business by 1982). Watch an old WWF show from the 1970s and likely the only decent stuff on it is if they brought in guys like Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Mascaras, various Japanese dudes like Fujinami or Tiger Mask, etc. The WWF's actual roster sucked.

The WWF has been good at taking guys who had talent but weren't being used properly and giving them a bigger push. But actually creating the talent?

I think guys like Muraco, Snuka, Superstar, Andre The Giant, and Jimmy Snuka all disagree with you. The shows might not have had the match quality as a NWA Crockett, and AWA. But to say WWE didn't create stars until 1984 is 100% incorrect. They had stars that were selling out the Garde and Shea stadium easily. There also could be a argument, that if Vince would've pulled the trigger on a Graham face turn in th early 80's, instead of going with Backlund as the top babyface, there probably wouldn't be a Hulk Hogan to speak of to this day. Now I'm not saying that is fact, because you can also say Hogan's "Thunderlips" role in Rocky 3 was a major factor for the company also, because it was a good mainstream exposure wrestlers in that era. Still though, Graham could've been the guy just as easily as Hogan. He had the "Pythons" and was a hell of a better talker then Hogan.

Hogan Cena would probably get better heat than Hogan/Austin even. Whoever said it would be like Hogan/Rock all over again is right. I want to see it, frankly. And Cena may pull something decent out of Hogan.

I'm pretty sure you're right Anklelock, Cena could pull something great out of Hogan where as Austin might try to expose him like Shawn. Where Micheals overseloled against Hogan, I'd think Austin would probably no sell him.

I'd personally think WWE will eventually cash in on all the Cena "dream matches" possibilities in one way or the other. I really believe we'll see a Cena match vs Austin, Hogan, and even The Rock in the future.

Rock has long since moved on from wrestling. Making a cameo is one thing, which he might do on occasion, but an actual match? He has no reason to ever do so, and I don't think Vince can offer him anything to change his mind on that.

Rock has long since moved on from wrestling. Making a cameo is one thing, which he might do on occasion, but an actual match? He has no reason to ever do so, and I don't think Vince can offer him anything to change his mind on that.

He always says "It'll have to be a big Dream Match for him tro consider having a match". I think Cena/Rock could happen in about 3-5 years, If Cena continues to be a huge draw, gains a nice bit of mainstream attention, and stays healthy. I don't think Rock would have a problem giving the fans a 15 minute roller coaster ride, Vince probably wouldn't have a problem shilling out a million for a Rock/Cena match.

It's a fantasy that'll never come true unless The Rock spirals out of his career and needs money in his 40's and I can't imagine that to happen. Cena doesn't need dream matches to cement anything. Examples of things like Hogan-Austin are an entirely different circumstance than anything involving Cena would. It would take more then a million to get the Rock involved.

The true dream match involving Cena is simply Batista. It will happen and probably stood a great chance of occuring in Orlando next year. Barring the usual injury issues that rock WWE, that match should be penciled in as the main attraction match for WM25.

He always says "It'll have to be a big Dream Match for him tro consider having a match". I think Cena/Rock could happen in about 3-5 years, If Cena continues to be a huge draw, gains a nice bit of mainstream attention, and stays healthy. I don't think Rock would have a problem giving the fans a 15 minute roller coaster ride, Vince probably wouldn't have a problem shilling out a million for a Rock/Cena match.

Presuming Rock doesn't take off and get a steady stream of work. If there's ever a conflict between a movie and a wrestling match, even a dream one, Rock will choose the movie every time.

I never said he need a dream match to "cement" anything. I agree there is a dream match with him vs Batista, and it will eventually happen. I just believe that he'll one day have a match with Austin and Hogan, I might've been pushing it with The Rock I admit. It may very well be wishful thinking, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that the match can happen.

Presuming Rock doesn't take off and get a steady stream of work. If there's ever a conflict between a movie and a wrestling match, even a dream one, Rock will choose the movie every time.

Yeah, you're probably right.

People assume The Rock could just walk in and work a match in a instant. It's a foolish notion. It's one thing to tape a cameo in your hotel room and another to work a wrestling match, especially with 3+ year layoff.

As for Hogan? Cena-Hogan is probable but Austin-Cena? Not a chance. The only match for Austin is Hogan. Austin could do a huge favor and put a young star like MVP, Kennedy or Punk over in a big way but you know Austin isn't selfless enough. Austin is content with his tri-monthly appearances, stunner on the mid-card heel of choice and beer bath celebration. It keeps him in the picture and satisfies his ego.

Hogan vs. Edge

You could play off their short lived tag team and do a Master Vs Mentor storyline. That's the only potential Hogan match I'd be mildly tempted to see. You know Edge would bust his ass off in that match since he's such a huge mark for The Hulkster.

The Rock isn't coming back. Dude's like 190 pounds now. And his movie career hasn't faltered one bit which I expected it would after a while (Damn Hulk Hogan and every other wrestler turned actor for lowering my expectations for wrestler turned actor careers)