TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

Hogan vs. Edge

You could play off their short lived tag team and do a Master Vs Mentor storyline. That's the only potential Hogan match I'd be mildly tempted to see. You know Edge would bust his ass off in that match since he's such a huge mark for The Hulkster.

Or, ya know, they could just have Edge be Edge and Hogan is Hogan. The former tag team partner angle would be senseless as the tandom lasted less then a month.

People assume The Rock could just walk in and work a match in a instant. It's a foolish notion. It's one thing to tape a cameo in your hotel room and another to work a wrestling match, especially with 3+ year layoff.
Shawn Micheals did it, So did Foley. Both of them take bigger bumps then The Rock. Not really that "fooish of a notion" to believe Rock can work a 15 minute match, especially with Cena. Who'd more then likely take the majority of the bumps, and do most of the selling.

You do realize that Shawn and Finlay had nothing but time to get ready, right? Rock has a career that he'd have to juggle around. If the Rock's career was completely halted, then maybe but you can't honestly see his career reaching a dead end, can you?

As for Hogan? Cena-Hogan is probable but Austin-Cena? Not a chance. The only match for Austin is Hogan. Austin could do a huge favor and put a young star like MVP, Kennedy or Punk over in a big way but you know Austin isn't selfless enough. Austin is content with his tri-monthly appearances, stunner on the mid-card heel of choice and beer bath celebration. It keeps him in the picture and satisfies his ego.
Austin is selfless? Wasn't he the guy who triied to put over Eddie, but the company fucked him over in a sense. He also did alot for Benoit, Angle, and Jericho. I read that he likes Kennedy, but Kennedy stock has went way down for due to multiple injhuries, and coming oiff like a douche in the steroid scandal. There were 3 storylines that were made especially for Kennedy to be in main event status, 2 of them tanked because of him, and Benoit messed up the other one.

That was during his career where he would benefit. Austin has one match left in him, do you really think he'd give it to someone like Kennedy? When he can make so much more with Hogan?

You do realize that Shawn and Finlay had nothing but time to get ready, right? Rock has a career that he'd have to juggle around. If the Rock's career was completely halted, then maybe but you can't honestly see his career reaching a dead end, can you?
I meant Foley, my bad.

No I don't see his career coming dead end, which is why I said it was wishful thinking and agreed with Cena's Torn Pec. But, I don't think he wouldn't be able to work a 15 minute match, where he'll be on the offense the majority of the match, and wouldn't have to really bump until the finish. Not too mention, the stalling and playing to the crowd bit he does, which in itself is entertaning enough to kill time.

You might aswell just give up on that Hogan/Austin notion, that's 2 big ego's that will neither one will ever agree to job to the other.....

That was during his career where he would benefit. Austin has one match left in him, do you really think he'd give it to someone like Kennedy? When he can make so much more with Hogan?
No, I don't think he'll give it to a guy like Kennedy, nor should he, you said he should give guys like Kennedy the rub. Austin said he liked Kennedy, and Implied that he'd like to work with him, but Kennedy stock went down over the last 7 months.

I think a match with Cena right now, would be just as big as a match with Hogan. There is no question in my mind that a match with Cena would be 10 times better also.

Plus not to mention Austin has flat out said he will not do the Hogan match on two radio interviews.

I'd like to see Hogan do a little part-time run if he had his working boots with him. But I think those might have been given to Dave Sullivan and who knows where he is.

Austin could do a huge favor and put a young star like MVP, Kennedy or Punk over

You're fooling yourself if you really think any of those three deserve the rub.

Austin is one of the biggest stars in the history of the industry. It would be a horrible decision to put over MVP, Kennedy or Punk. Neither one of those three have the potential to be the face of the company anyway. If the WWE is smart, they'll use Austin to make a lot of money in some sort of dream match.

And please...can we stop thinking that MVP or Punk can carry the company? MVP is...well...just not good enough or charasmatic enough and Punk doesn't appeal to a wide enough crowd. Not everyone sits home every night listening to minor threat, drinking pepsi, and playing tic tac toe on the top of their hands.

I don't blame Austin for not wanting to job to anyone...if you were the biggest star in the history of the industry, why in God's name would you want to job to a mid-carder who is virtually unknown outside of the wrestling world. Cena, Rock and Hogan are pretty much the only wrestlers who are known outside of wrestling. If Austin is going to wrestle anyone, it should be one of those 3.

And please...can we stop thinking that MVP or Punk can carry the company? MVP is...well...just not good enough or charasmatic enough

You got to be fucking kidding me right?

And please...can we stop thinking that MVP or Punk can carry the company? MVP is...well...just not good enough or charasmatic enough

No, I'm not. Can you honestly tell me that MVP can carry the company? Are his promo skills good enough to be the top star of the company? ALA Rock, Austin or Cena?

I'm not saying that MVP doesn't have a lot of in-ring skills or mic skills, but he just doesn't have enough to be the face of the company. Besides, the face of the company is John Cena, and rightfully so.

No, I'm not. Can you honestly tell me that MVP can carry the company? Are his promo skills good enough to be the top star of the company? ALA Rock, Austin or Cena?

I'm not saying that MVP doesn't have a lot of in-ring skills or mic skills, but he just doesn't have enough to be the face of the company. Besides, the face of the company is John Cena, and rightfully so.

MVP has been in the WWE for totally of 1 fucking year. And at this point he's shown more then The Rock or Cena in their 1st years. Neither couldn't work a match like MVP has been able to. And he's been cutting the best promos right now in the company, he's great with the mic. It's not fair to say someone like MVP can't carry the company, because no one thought Austin, Rock, or Cena could carry the company in their 1st years as well.

Not right now, But he Damn sure has Next.

The guy has great mic skills, and is one of thge few guys who promo's don't come across scripted like alot of the other guys they call up, or hell guys that've been there for years. He's also a very good worker, who can hold up his end with anybody in the compant. He doesn't have to be carried, and has the best character in the E. So yeah, he's pretty much being groomed for the top spot in the next few years.

Pong failed to read the rest of what I said. I said he could but wouldn't because why should he.

My B Hawk

Oh.....and I can see MVP being the #1 heel of the company, but I just can't picture him in the top spot. The one who sells a shit load of merchandise, sells out events or makes the talk show appearances. I can see him being the "HHH" or Kurt Angle of the attitude era, the heel that everyone loved to hate, but I can't see him being "the guy". HHH, the #1 heel of the attitude era, did go on to have a stellar career obviously, but he was never seen as the face of the company. He's never been seen as a star outside of wrestling, which Austin, Cena, Rock ad Hogan have been seen. I think MVP can have a great career with a lot of title runs, but I can't see him as a top face, and ultimately, the face of the company has to be a face.

Hogan isn't going to TNA unless he thinks he has no chance of returning to WWE, and he knows that day will never truly come. Hogan might be on the outs with Vince now, but he's been on the outs before and he's always returned eventually.

And why would Hogan go to TNA anyway? It's a second rate promotion, if that, and Hogan, for all his ego and inflated sense of his own position, knows that going to TNA would be a huge step down for him and would serve only to devalue what his name means. Sure, TNA has a bunch of people he could work with, but apart from Sting and possibly Angle, none of the matches would mean anything and would have no real spark or money drawing potential to them.

For all the limited matches Hogan has available with WWE, any one of them will mean far more than all of the potential matches he could have in TNA.

HTQ/CTP/You Guy, I hate Hogan but I'll readily admit him showing up in TNA would spike(no pun intended) the ratings and buy rates big time. And for a self-serving egonmaniac like Hogan, he can take the credit for TAKIN' TNA TO THE NEXT LEVEL BROTHER.

There's not that much capitalizing that needs to be done with Hulk Hogan, though. Basically have Hulk Hogan and fans will show because he has so much nostalgic and mainstream appeal. That show in Memphis that drew 10K is indicative of that.

Hogan knows damn well that TNA wouldn't capitalize. Hogan's better off with WWE, even if TNA could give him a good contract and more options.

I agree...

As soon as you go to TNA, theres no turning back. No one will give a shit about you anymore ALA Sting, Angle, Booker T, Nash, Hall, Cage, Jarett, Cornette, Dudley Boys...basically everyone.

Just to clarify I by no means think Hogan will/would end up in TNA because no matter what he says, he and Vince will always hook back up. Vince knows exactly what I said, that Hogan one-offs bring in money, so he'll never say no to Hulk. I just don't think if something happens, ie Vince can't offer the kind of money wants due to the impending hearings, Hulk wouldn't show up in TNA for the guaranteed ego stroking.

There's not that much capitalizing that needs to be done with Hulk Hogan, though. Basically have Hulk Hogan and fans will show because he has so much nostalgic and mainstream appeal. That show in Memphis that drew 10K is indicative of that.

The Memphis show drew maybe 5,000, but probably closer to half that. The whole thing was considered a disaster. Hogan's appeal is strictly nostalgia, and nothing more.

The Memphis show drew maybe 5,000, but probably closer to half that. The whole thing was considered a disaster. Hogan's appeal is strictly nostalgia, and nothing more.

Interesting, I was under the impression that show drew 10K. And I was under that impression because I read it online, but was we all know most of the online rasslin' sources are full of shit, so...yeah, moot point :lol:

Hogan comes back and Hornswaggle becomes a mini-hulkamaniac complete with a costume color change to yellow and red from green.

This would so be awesome, with Hogan as the mouth piece, cheating so Hornswaggle wins matches, till Vince puts a stop to Hogan misleading his son. Leading to a Mania match of Vince vs Hornswaggle, where they reunite as father and sun against the evil Hogan.

Bet y'all thought/hoped I was legit dead.

Guest SoZe

According to Meltzer, the Memphis show drew something like 5,000, but something like 2,500 of those paid to get in. VH1 wanted to paper the show but Hogan refused. after seeing the dismal sales by the afternoon of the show he show he gave in and they brought in close to 2,500 plants for the main event only.

A lot of the Memphis show's semi-failure (I saw semi, because that is a massive goddamn crowd for any indy show period) I think was because the main event was changed from Hogan-Lawler to Hogan-Big Show at the last minute.

Regardless of whether or not MVP has the talent, you guys are all forgetting something. He's not a big hoss, and he's black. That right there means Vince will almost certainly never push him as a top guy.

within 2 years, unless he fucks up, MVP will be world champ...it will be on Smackdown, the B show and it will be a transitional sorta thing, but he will be champ.

Watch.