TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

'Taker should be carrying the title going into WM. Edge doesn't need to claim a title shot by winning RR or EC. ECW's title match should be decided by the winner of the Rumble since that one is out in the open (and someone from Raw/Smackdown can go after Punk or Punk drops the title and wins the Rumble at MSG). HHH winning the EC makes more sense because they'll likely do the same old story of HHH being denied a title shot and gets screwed during the Rumble by whichever heel happens to be programed with HHH at the time.

Yeah, I thought about that, Edge might win the rumble. Which leads to a EC Match of Hunter, HBK, Jericho, Umaga, Jeff Hardy, and Cade...I mean Kennedy.

I think the ECW title might not be defended, they might throw Punk in the MITB.

That's pointless. The whole idea of MitB (which should be removed from WM) is for someone to get a shot at the world championship. Punk is already a world champion, regadless of how they might present it.

Punk has defended the title on every PPV since winning it. He'll defend/challenge for the title at WM.

Edge winning the Rumble would be a utter waste. He doesn't need to secure a automatic title shot for this time around. They should be wanting to kill each other. The Rumble is a easy way to set up a match for ECW since the winner of the Rumble will be presented as a lesser since HHH will win EC.

That's pointless. The whole idea of MitB (which should be removed from WM) is for someone to get a shot at the world championship. Punk is already a world champion, regadless of how they might present it.

Punk has defended the title on every PPV since winning it. He'll defend/challenge for the title at WM.

Edge winning the Rumble would be a utter waste. He doesn't need to secure a automatic title shot for this time around. They should be wanting to kill each other. The Rumble is a easy way to set up a match for ECW since the winner of the Rumble will be presented as a lesser since HHH will win EC.

You're right about the MITB, but I don't think they'll drop it. I think they're going to use it to continue Hardy's push. Punk, might be in a 4 way match or something, or they could have a one night tourney on ECW leading to Punk vs Benjamin for mania. Is R-V-D coming back?

I'm sure they won't let a Rumble winner go after the ECW title, So either Edge or Hunter will win it. Hunter probably ends up getting screwed by Vince or something which will lead to the Elimination Chamber angle. Hunter then will probably end up going over Umaga one last time AND Hardy will do something crazy in it.

The E.C will be built to mean more this time around then the Rumble (which has seen it's significance drop over the years), so it won't matter if the winner goes after ECW. It won't be a ECW name winning. It'll be a Raw/Smackdown guy winning and choosing Punk for obvious reasoning.

Benjamin is a place hold feud for something like Armageddon but come WM? Expect a name like Umaga instead.

The E.C will be built to mean more this time around then the Rumble (which has seen it's significance drop over the years), so it won't matter if the winner goes after ECW. It won't be a ECW name winning. It'll be a Raw/Smackdown guy winning and choosing Punk for obvious reasoning.

Benjamin is a place hold feud for something like Armageddon but come WM? Expect a name like Umaga instead.

The Rumble has dropped below the Elimination Chamber in significance? I don't think so.

The winner of the Rumble won't pick the ECW Champion to face at mania, it sounds good in theory, but it won't happen. Punk will either lose the title before mania, and participate in the MITB or he'll lose the ECW title at mania, or they'll use him as HBK's job boy (after he's lost the title of course).

If Umaga ends up in a match with Punk for the ECW title at mania, it won't because Umaga won the rumble.

Taker/Edge shouldn't need a Rumble match to go in to mania for the title, but lazy booking will probably be the reason they use it as away to escalate the feud. Taker will probably defend the title aginst BDV at Rumble if he wins it at Armaggedon or NYR. So Edge will be left in the Rumble, and they'll probably book him and Hunter last, with Edge going over because some kind of screw job.

Listen first. I said the E.C will be built to mean more then The Rumble will simply by WWE's typical mainipulation. HHH winning the EC will be more important.

I didn't say it would be Umaga. I said it would be someone of that level.

Yeah, I can't see the WWE using the Rumble to set up a title match for the C brand, unless they decide to heavily push the ECW brand (doubtful) or heavily push Punk (possible, but I don't see it). I know why Hawk is pushing that storyline here, but I have a hard time seeing the WWE actually doing it.

Yeah, I can't see the WWE using the Rumble to set up a title match for the C brand, unless they decide to heavily push the ECW brand (doubtful) or heavily push Punk (possible, but I don't see it). I know why Hawk is pushing that storyline here, but I have a hard time seeing the WWE actually doing it.

I know it's a fault to dabble with logic in the face of WWE and their practices but the fact they have decided to bring back Elimination Chamber and use that to secure a title shot completely indicates that it'll take greater precedence this time around. It's just more pratical to set up the other world title match where it isn't locked up like Raw and Smackdown are. The options are greater this way. You can still make sure HHH/Edge look strong by not winning the rumble. Especially since HHH is winning EC.

Ok, I misunderstood you.

Secondly, The ECW is a "World title", but it's not on a level of the big 2, so the winner of the Rumble will not pick to go for it. Unless by some miraculous turn of events they decide to make it a equal to the other 2 championships, that's not happening. The Ecw title will be used in a opener at mania, or in the middle of the show. The winner picking the ECW title would be a great idea and do wonders for the title, I just don't see the company going in that direction any time soon.

The ECW title was a option for UT last year, why wouldn't it be this time? Assuming UT and Orton are the champions at that point, wouldn't the youngster CM Punk be more ideal for whomever wins?

Why is everyone so goshdarn certain that Edge is gonna win the Rumble and HHH is gonna win the Chamber? That's just one of many possible outcomes. Especially since, for the last two years, at least one of the title matches at Wrestlemania ended up being completely different from what everyone was predicting. Yeah there were extenuating circumstances, but there's no way to be sure there won't be again. (Except for the ECW championship NOT being determined by either the Rumble or the Chamber, we can probably be pretty sure of that.)

I like the idea of doing the Chamber annually at the same PPV; it's hard to get a believable storyline going where six different guys are competing for one belt. I'm not sure about doing it at No Way Out every year though. With Cyber Sunday, Survivor Series, the Rumble, MitB at Mania, and now this one, that stacks up every single one of their gimmick-themed PPVs in the winter/spring season, with the summer and autumn having nothing but a gimmick-less Summerslam, a no-longer-extreme One Night Stand, and forgettable In Your Houses. Weird that they'd make their year so lopsided like that.

...the fact they have decided to bring back Elimination Chamber and use that to secure a title shot completely indicates that it'll take greater precedence this time around.

There is absolutely nothing to indicate this. In fact, the only logical conclusion is that the EC is less prestigious, since none of the men in it could win the Royal Rumble and all are using it as a second chance. Your argument that "WWE will promote HHH winning in the Chamber as more important than the Rumble" is completely predicated on the belief that HHH will win the EC, when there's zero indication he'll even be involved. Every part of your "logic" is nothing more than speculative.

The ECW title was a option for UT last year, why wouldn't it be this time? Assuming UT and Orton are the champions at that point, wouldn't the youngster CM Punk be more ideal for whomever wins?

I'm not saying it's not going to be a option, but nobody will pick it. Yes CM Punk would be more ideal, but the championship isn't viewed as important enough to use a Rumble win on it.

The Rock is half Black half Samoan, which means he doesn't know whether to eat all your food or steal your furniture.

Wasn't that an xwrestling/wrestling uncensored bit back in the day that Rock went off about during a radio interview with the sites owner present?

Elimination Chamber matches do nothing for me. I couldn't care less about the raised stakes either. $10 bucks says the winner will be a foregone conclusion - if anything it's just a cop out by the writers in that they don't need a storyline to build around the title feud anymore as the oppoent won their way there.

Edge most likely will be the SD! champion for the WM build.

First off, why is everyone just assuming HHH is going to face a champ at WM? Is the notion of Jericho being buried so embedded that we assume Jericho is just jobbing to Orton and then going back to his typical 2002-05 role? I think at the very least there might be a 3 way at WM with Orton, HHH, and Jericho.

I'm assuming with this that UT wins the Rumble and goes after Edge. That much makes sense. As far as ECW goes, does anyone really give a shit?

When Carlito finally gets release, looking back, the man was pretty dumb with his mouth:

"I'm out of Wrestlemania. Apparently, they had to make space for Kane vs. Khali and Melina vs. Ashley. How can I be at Wrestlemania? If I politic and kiss ass, I should make it. I'm not going to cry or be bitter, there's always next year ... and I don't want to get fired. But they're showing disrespect by not having Ric Flair at Wrestlemania and even more disrespect by not having Carlito there."

Classic.........

When Carlito finally gets release, looking back, the man was pretty dumb with his mouth:

"I'm out of Wrestlemania. Apparently, they had to make space for Kane vs. Khali and Melina vs. Ashley. How can I be at Wrestlemania? If I politic and kiss ass, I should make it. I'm not going to cry or be bitter, there's always next year ... and I don't want to get fired. But they're showing disrespect by not having Ric Flair at Wrestlemania and even more disrespect by not having Carlito there."

Classic.........

And after he said that, he still got a brief push, even beating John Cena during the summer on RAW and getting a PPV match with HHH.

I'm going to assume that whoever wins the rumble (my guesses are Edge, Jericho, Taker, or Punk) goes after the SD! title. I think that they can gain more drawing power from a Raw Elimination Chamber.

As far as the chamber, we'll probably see Orton as champ going in, but certainly not going out.

The other 5 will most likely be HHH, Hardy, Umaga, HBK, and Kennedy. 3 heels and 3 faces...seems great.

If Jericho doesn't win the Rumble, theres certainly a possibility that he could be in Kennedy's spot in the chamber, but I think it's too early to tell at this point.

Maybe for ECW have it be SANTINO MARELLA vs. CM Punk. The battle can be over Maria. Turn this into a real life storyline and make it Matt-Edge 2. What the feud really should've been.

Classic.........

And after he said that, he still got a brief push, even beating John Cena during the summer on RAW and getting a PPV match with HHH.

Yeah, Carlito shouldn't be too worried. He'll always have a spot in his Puerto Rico due to his father being huge there. I guess he faced Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) in a match recently. Razor dubbed Carlito a rip off of Razor Ramon and called him "mini razor".

I really wish Scott Hall had his youth back. The man was an outstanding worker and with whatever gimmick he had, whether it was Razor Ramon or Scott Hall, he was incredibly over with the crowd. I think he could put on some great matches with some of the stars in the WWE today.

Orton would likely be defending the title at NWO. I wouldn't put it past them to do the Rocky angle with Flair for that show. Flair loses and decides it's a career and leaves at WM as expected earlier this year.

Maybe for ECW have it be SANTINO MARELLA vs. CM Punk. The battle can be over Maria. Turn this into a real life storyline and make it Matt-Edge 2. What the feud really should've been.

That makes no sense whatsover but then again, that goes for most of the shit you say.

I really wish Scott Hall had his youth back. The man was an outstanding worker and with whatever gimmick he had, whether it was Razor Ramon or Scott Hall, he was incredibly over with the crowd. I think he could put on some great matches with some of the stars in the WWE today.

Like Eric Bischoff said in his book, when he was sober Scott Hall was a genius when it came to wrestling at all aspects of it. It's ashame what happend to him. He will go down with Jake Roberts and Curt Henning as the best singles wrestlers to never win the world title IMO.

Like Eric Bischoff said in his book, when he was sober Scott Hall was a genius when it came to wrestling at all aspects of it. It's ashame what happend to him. He will go down with Jake Roberts and Curt Henning as the best singles wrestlers to never win the world title IMO.

Curt held the AWA title.

I wouldn't put it past them to do the Rocky angle with Flair for that show. Flair loses and decides it's a career and leaves at WM as expected earlier this year.

If they're going to do the whole Rocky angle, they should probably start building it up this week on Raw. I would give it as much time as possible before Mania to really get Flair back over as one of the best in the world. For the first few weeks, a lot of the casual fans (I really dont like to call them marks) will probably think of Ric Flair's wins as flukes, but if they give it enough time, it really could be something interesting.

Oh, and I just saw that The Rock was inducted into the WON hall of fame. That's really great news. He'll obviously be in the WWE hall of fame as well, but it's a good sign of The Rock being respected backstage and whatnot.

Maria said in an interview that her and CM Punk broke up about two months ago and now she's dating Marella legit.

The current woman in his life is WWE diva Melina (Melina Perez).

“I was heartbroken after me and my wife split up, and I started dating other girls. I really fell for Melina,” Batista says.

Although he says his ex-wife thought he was sleeping with Melina right off the bat, while the two were still married, it wasn’t true. “It did make me feel guilty being friends with her.”

Batista ended up dating another WWE diva, Rebecca DePietro, who is no longer with the company. That relationship was short-lived, and he started seeing Melina again.

“I really fell hard for Melina.”

Their friendship wasn’t exactly a secret in the WWE locker room. “We’ve been open about it for a long time now,” he says.

The 28-year-old diva had dated the former Johnny Nitro (John Hennigan) — now John Morrison — since joining WWE.

“He (Hennigan) knew everything from day one. From the day we started talking,” explains Batista. “That was one of the things that a lot of people didn’t realize and didn’t bother to ask. Melina and John weren’t together anymore. He was always aware of what was going on, and she was very honest with him. They split up and moved apart, and we started dating each other. She still considers him her best friend in the world. But he always knew exactly what was going on.”

Batista also let Melina read beforehand what he wrote about her in the book.

“I still love her and am very in love with her. I wouldn’t put that out there if it were hurtful to her. I didn’t want to just throw her under the bus and put it out there without her knowing about it.”

The business, though, has even put a toll on their relationship.

“It’s been pretty rocky for us. A lot of it has to do with the business. It’s very hard to date in this business. We still talk on a daily basis, and there’s still a lot of love there. But we’re having a really hard time.

“Trying to have a relationship with anybody is hard enough, but trying to have one with people in this business, knowing what goes on, is difficult. New guys and girls coming out and coming in ... it’s really hard.”

http://web.charleston.net/news/2007/nov/25..._top_took_toll/