TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

I'd pay if he was fighting more than one of those cans they use to build up a fighter. They could get a good freakshow buyrate out of pairing him and Butterbean up.

I'd pay if he was fighting more than one of those cans they use to build up a fighter. They could get a good freakshow buyrate out of pairing him and Butterbean up.

I'd buy that. Hell of a lot more interesting than Orton v. Jericho.

WWE has been taping new show opens and such in HD in preparation for the switchover. I believe Smackdown will go HD on the CW starting in January (A MONTH AWAY~!), and Raw hopefully a few months later. USA and Sci-Fi in HD should be launching at any time.

credit:F4W Newsletter

If someone did their homework they'd know that both USA HD and SciFi HD are up and running now and have been for about 2 months. Spike HD is also up and running as well...

WILL TNA BEAT WWF TO THE HD PUNCH?...STAY TUNED!

- The Big Show was backstage at the Survivor Series PPV in Miami. Show is in training to be a boxer, even though his first fight has yet to be set. He was said to be in better shape than he was in WWE.

Credit: WO/Gerweck

The Hell? Isn't boxing boring enough?

I would watch Big Show box someone.

But would you pay for it?

Yes, just to see someone knocked out with the "skillet-like hands" of show

WWE has been taping new show opens and such in HD in preparation for the switchover. I believe Smackdown will go HD on the CW starting in January (A MONTH AWAY~!), and Raw hopefully a few months later. USA and Sci-Fi in HD should be launching at any time.

credit:F4W Newsletter

If someone did their homework they'd know that both USA HD and SciFi HD are up and running now and have been for about 2 months. Spike HD is also up and running as well...

WILL TNA BEAT WWF TO THE HD PUNCH?...STAY TUNED!

Wow, Marvin is talking about HDTV. Anyone else not surprised about this?

Am I the only guy in North America that seriously doesn't give a shit about HD, wrestling or otherwise?

There are plenty of people in North America who dont care about HD but they're all 90 years old, blind and prefer to listen to Paul Harvey for the rest of the story before they go outside and yell at the kids playing in their yard and giving them a "back in my day.." speech.

Am I the only guy in North America that seriously doesn't give a shit about HD, wrestling or otherwise?

There are plenty of people in North America who dont care about HD but they're all 90 years old, blind and prefer to listen to Paul Harvey for the rest of the story before they go outside and yell at the kids playing in their yard and giving them a "back in my day.." speech.

I don't give two flying fucks about HD.

HD is overated. Just like Blu-ray.

Are some things better in HD? Possibly. Things like Transformers or movies with big expolosions might warrent a HD jizz fest. But wrestling? Not really. Do we really need to watch The Office or 50 First Dates in HD?

What would be the point of having wrestling in HD?

HD is overated. Just like Blu-ray.

Are some things better in HD? Possibly. Things like Transformers or movies with big expolosions might warrent a HD jizz fest. But wrestling? Not really. Do we really need to watch The Office or 50 First Dates in HD?

What would be the point of having wrestling in HD?

Mickie James

But it doesn't make anyone a drooling retard to not care about HDTV. I could call everyone retarded for getting excited about a better picture on a TV screen, but that's just as dumb, isn't it.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE is trying to line up some huge surprises for the RAW 15th anniversary special next month.

WWE has contacted former WWE Champion and Hollywood star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for an appearance. Johnson has done taped segments but has not appeared live in many years. While he has made an effort to distance himself from pro wrestling, the feeling within WWE is that Johnson has solidified himself as a legitimate actor and is beyond the point where appearing on a special WWE show would hurt his image.

The 3-hour special will air Monday night December 12th. The show will start 1 hour earlier, at 8PM eastern. Expect WWE to stack the show with a lot of star power and PPV caliber matches.

The best part of this report.....is I don't think December 12th is a Monday..

I love it when I'm at work and people ask me for movies like "RV" on Bluray. It's worth the extra 15 dollars to see THIS movie in better picture? Really?

And I agree, Mickie James + HD = happiness.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE is trying to line up some huge surprises for the RAW 15th anniversary special next month.

WWE has contacted former WWE Champion and Hollywood star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for an appearance. Johnson has done taped segments but has not appeared live in many years. While he has made an effort to distance himself from pro wrestling, the feeling within WWE is that Johnson has solidified himself as a legitimate actor and is beyond the point where appearing on a special WWE show would hurt his image.

The 3-hour special will air Monday night December 12th. The show will start 1 hour earlier, at 8PM eastern. Expect WWE to stack the show with a lot of star power and PPV caliber matches.

12/12 is a Wednesday.

I'm no HD lobbyist like ol Marv there, but if they offer it, why not take it?

12/12 is a Wednesday.

I'm no HD lobbyist like ol Marv there, but if they offer it, why not take it?

It's usually a higher fee for not a lot of return. I have an HD tv that I play my video games on, but honestly there's not enough of a difference for me to pay an extra fee each month to watch television shows in HD.

I pay 15 bucks extra for HD. That's two boxes and about 25 channels. To me, anyway, that's no big deal.

That's too much for what I'd get. I don't get the movie tiers (HBO, STARZ,etc.), and I could care less about seeing most of the TV I watch in HD. For my money and entertainment, it's worth more to save that up and get a new video game every couple of months. It's not that I'm against HD, I just don't care enough about regular TV shows to pay the extra per month. Now, it's really sweet to play my video games and watch my DVD movies in HD...

Well that is certainly understandable, I'm not going to be like Marvin and try to convince everyone that they're worthless loser assholes if they don't have HD (which is funny, coming from him). Personally, I think you're not getting your money's worth if you have an HDTV and you're not fully utilizing it, but again that's just MY opinion!

The #1 reason to go HD is sports. It's hard for me to watch football or the YES Network w/out it being in HD now. I'm spoiled and can't even imagine going back.

Also, I have Time Warner cable and I only pay a few bucks extra a month for my HD service. Of course, Time Warner doesn't have as many channels in HD as Dish. I don't have SCI or USA in HD yet.

You know what would make me order a Big Show boxing PPV? If he were in a handicap match as the Main Event. Two on one boxing would make me order it. Pair him up against two flyweights or whatever.