TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 79: Nemesis

Sounds like this was a good overall card. I'll check it out just to see Melvin Guillard punching his ticket out of the UFC.

Fuck that. Rich is just as much as a insigator of the whole situation, even more so. It was a good fight, Guillard rocked Clementi in the stand up. Guillard is still young he'll fight another day. Where as Clementi will get destroyed most likely his next fight.

Clementi showed improved wrestling and jitz in this fight, his standup isn't spectacular but he was landing some decent kicks. A guy like Melvin has power that you don't see much in the division, and Clementi still took his best shots and never really looked worse for the wear. He also looked in way better shape. I don't think he gets destroyed in his next fight. He won't be a champion, but he's a decent gatekeeper right now and I'd like to see him get the Marcus Davis treatment and see them bring him along.

Melvin is a very raw prospect, but he hasn't shown any improvement really in the past two years, he almost seems worse now actually. He was knocked down by a jab from Joe Stevenson of all people. He should get cut and try to work his game while getting more experience on smaller shows. The onus is on him now to show some skills and prove himself, he's been given plenty of chances.

Do you guys think GSP would be able to control Serra on the ground? I think GSP would be too strong for Serra.

Matt Serra should be fighting at 155, he's a small WW.

Do you guys think GSP would be able to control Serra on the ground? I think GSP would be too strong for Serra.

Considering Karo pretty much worked Serra on the ground, I'd say "most likely."

--Nate Mohr suffered a torn ACL in last night's match with Manny Gamburyan when Gamburyan used an ankle lock on him. We haven't gotten any updates on Wanderlei Silva or James Irvin, who were both hospitalized and given MRIs

That might make people wary of going to the ground with Manvil.

That seems like a variation of Alex Shelley's "That Was Gay" move.

I'd have to say, it's been a rough year for James Irvin. I also have to say that he's running out of ways to pull out a win...

* Georges St. Pierre ($160,000) def. Matt Hughes ($100,000)

* Chuck Liddell ($500,000) def. Wanderlei Silva ($150,000)

* Eddie Sanchez ($46,000) def. Soa Palelei ($5,000)

* Lyoto Machida ($60,000) def. Rameau Sokoudjou ($40,0O0)

* Rich Clementi ($28,000) def. Melvin Guillard ($10,000)

* James Irvin ($16,000) def. Luis Cane ($5,000)

* Manny Gamburyan ($20,000) def. Nate Mohr ($6,000)

* Dean Lister ($22,000) def. Jordan Radev ($5,000)

* Roan Carneiro ($10,000) def. Tony DeSouza ($7,000)

* Mark Bocek ($6,000) def. Doug Evans ($3,000)

All the winning fighters except Liddell received pay that awarded 50 percent “to show” and 50 percent as a “win bonus.” For example, Machida earned $30,000 to show and an additional $30,000 for his victory for $60,000 total. Each of the night’s losing fighters (except Silva) could have doubled his salary with a victory.

Now, the usual disclaimer: the figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighter’s income. They also do not include any bonuses paid to some of the main-card fighters who sometimes earn a small cut of pay-per-view revenue. They also do not include other non-disclosed/“locker-room” bonuses the UFC sometimes pays.

In other words, these are simply base salaries reported to the CSAC and do not represent the total amounts earned by each fighter.

The figures also do not include the $50,000 Knockout of the Night, Submission of the Night, and Fight of the Night bonuses. Sanchez (knockout), St. Pierre (submission), Liddell (fight) and Silva (fight) each earned an additional $50,000 for the awards.

Sanchez getting the 50k bonus for "knockout" of the night is fucked up. I hope Sanchez is never seen in the UFC again but apparently they like him.

Dana loves him because he stepped up and fought Mirko, in Mirko's debut.

How does Dean Lister make so much? Dude is boring as piss

Problay because of the contract he signed.

His UFC fights are boring, but his fight with Arona was crack.