TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ravenbomb

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I looked like 7 pages back but didn't see one, and I had a question that didn't particularly warrant a thread, so here it go.

I'm looking for the source of a quote. Who was it that originally said "We laugh that we may not cry"?

I would of figured that having his back broken by Bane would be the "death of Batman" story.

Read The Ultimates 3 Issue #1.

Terrible. The writing was sloppy, they even come out and say there is no real explation for Valkyrie getting her powers.

Don't explain how/when she hooked up with Thor, or how Stark was taped during his bedroom antics with Black Widow, or why Wasp was made team leader. The art was also fugly as shit, not up to what I was expecting from the two previous (and great) runs on the Ultimates.

What's next, you bring back the armless Colonel and make him Captain America's gay bitch?

:angry:

Ive been pleasantly surprised by the Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul storyline going on it the Batman books now. Its not great or anything but it is worth a read.

We were bored at work this morning, so we invented our own SuperHero group, its shit.

SunBoy

An English Toff thats able to harness the power of the Sun - Solar Flares, Insane Heat, Intense Light, etc. Complete idiot and a total Public Schoolboy.

Howard the Minstreal

Employed by SunBoy to sing songs - turns out Howard has the power to come back to life, however, each time he does he takes the form of a different era in music - 80s Electronica, 90s Grunge etc.

Moon Gimp

A gimp that can harness the power of the Moon - fuck with the tides and Women's Menstral Cycle

Speed Man

A Scottish Drug addict that harness the power of various drugs, however, he needs to run around a tree 5 times before his powers kick in. So, say he was smoking weed, he'd be able to project a lazy haze across the room to make people hungry and a little less caring. If he's taking speed, everyone gets off their heads and starts to enjoy dance music a bit more.

Dr. Bean

A shit Doctor that looks after the Heroes, looks and sounds like Sean Bean.

Like I said, we were REALLY bored this morning, 7am, at work.

Read The Ultimates 3 Issue #1.

Terrible. The writing was sloppy, they even come out and say there is no real explation for Valkyrie getting her powers.

Don't explain how/when she hooked up with Thor, or how Stark was taped during his bedroom antics with Black Widow, or why Wasp was made team leader. The art was also fugly as shit, not up to what I was expecting from the two previous (and great) runs on the Ultimates.

What's next, you bring back the armless Colonel and make him Captain America's gay bitch?

:angry:

Please don't give Quesada any ideas.

Just grabbed the following (Mile High Comics has a FREECOMICS! discount code in which you get $10 off). My whole purchase cost me $11.74 with shipping compared to a probable $20+.

- The Batman Strikes! #41 and #43

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer #10 - #12

So just to jump in with a sob story. I used to live in a place where 6 comic book stores were all within 30 minutes of my house. 2 were within 5 minutes.

Now I've moved to Dodge City and the only place I can get comics is Hastings. They don't come out until a month later and there's no comic book store in site. It really really sucks.

End sob story.

So just to jump in with a sob story. I used to live in a place where 6 comic book stores were all within 30 minutes of my house. 2 were within 5 minutes.

Now I've moved to Dodge City and the only place I can get comics is Hastings. They don't come out until a month later and there's no comic book store in site. It really really sucks.

End sob story.

I guess it's time for you to get out of Dodge.

End sob story.

Use http://www.dcbservice.com/ to order your comics. They discount everything, so with shipping it comes to about the same as if you were going to an actual store.

End sob story.

I guess it's time for you to get out of Dodge.

May 10th, I'm getting the fuck out of Dodge. I'm moving back to Oklahoma.