TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers for 11/15

Still, the curious aspect of the Kaz push is that at no time did Tenay and West put Kaz over as a Cinderella making some unlikely run to the finals. The whole deal was so odd in the way it was booked via elimination in a battle royale to determine seeding. So you have Eric Young as a 1 seed despite being a comedy act, while James Storm was the 8 seed. There was no seeding by actual merit.

Having looked at the bracket Kaz really didn't do THAT much to make the finals. I think he beat James Storm and someone else before the Christian match. It seemed like a nice little token push to let a guy make the finals of a tourney before Christian beat him.

Rellik is apparently the new name for Stambolli not Riddick. That's what is being reported on Gerweck anyway.

Seriously. Why not just stick with REDRUM? :huh:

They probably want to copyright a new name for him. See the other Impact taping results for more on that same idea....

I still am sticking to my guns on the whole Kaz thing - a world title shot for him is NOT some sort of chapter closing on his push. Or lets put it this way, lets wait and see how the match goes and more importantly what they do to follow up before its all decided that TNA dropped the ball on a push to try to get him over. He's not ready for main event level matches yet, but thats the point - they seem to be building him towards that in due time by even doing a title match on Impact.

Seriously, Tenay/West might be the worst announce team ever. Worse than Coach/Styles/Lawler, Mooney/Hayes and Schivonie/Madden combined.

I don't usually watch but I gave it a shot last night.

Tenay/West definitely suck some major cock, I was dumbfounded by how they sold the nearfalls at the end of Angle/Kaz, which by the way, had to have one of the most dull finishes ever, if your gonna have a paint-by-numbers "kick out of every move you have" ending that leads to a roll up of some kind, it's gotta look better than that. The match was clearly leading to Angle pulling something out of his ass, but after all that you expect it to be something cool, not the most basic pin ever.

The rest was hard to follow, and I have no idea what the "That was Awesome" chants are about. Oh and how can anyone not look at Abyss and see the bastard child of Mankind and Kane?

Tenay and West suck because there's no chemistry between them at all. No friction. They completely agree on everything. And they shout like idiots and sound like they're reading from a script...badly.

Tenay wouldn't be bad if they paired him with someone with a little personality. Nash would probably be great on commentary for a bit, but Christian would be gold. Or maybe bring back Shane Douglas. Tenay is best when he is the play-by-play guy, and has a good color commentator to banter with.

I can't think of anyone they have who could sell a storyline better than Nash. Say what you want about his wrestling skills but the guy is a pretty good actor.

as stated over and over, the announcers are the worst ever. Almost made me not want to watch, just because they really ruin everything for me. I HATE the horrible job they do.

That said, that poor Alexa girl got the snot beat out of her by Kong.

As someone who used to watch the weekly PPVs from Nashville I can tell you that Tenay and West weren't always this bad. West would do his over the top schtick when selling next week's card, and maybe during some legit exciting moments of matches, but Tenay was a lot more relaxed and more like his WCW self.

Anyone who watched WCW knows that Tenay isn't a bad announcer, in fact he was key in getting the cruisers over in my opinion. I think he's just following orders and shrieking like a madman, while reading a script.

Oh and how can anyone not look at Abyss and see the bastard child of Mankind and Kane?

Because it's not five years ago. Get over it.

I still think the Kane Mankind thing every time I see him...Personally I hate his character and I hate that he gets a lot of TV time, he's a guy that makes me turn the station.

It's also very obvious Tenay and West read from a script...there was one clip where you could clearly see them doing it.

I'll be the first to admit that was the first thing I saw when I first saw an Abyss match (It was the first Monsters Ball vs Monty Brown vs Raven), but now I never think that. I'm a mark for Abyss and my only problem with him is that his storylines, for the most part, are garbage.

When Abyss first debuted as Kid Kash's "monster beneath the stairs," he was doing a perfect job of mimicing both Kane AND Mankind. Then something happened. He wrestled AJ Styles. A lot. And had a lot of good matches. With various opponents. Once it was shown that Abyss was a good worker, and the Sabu feud DEFINITELY helped push Abyss over the edge, most fans stopped caring that his gimmick was a rip-off of two more popular, more successful gimmicks.

I'd like to see some, I dunno...sensical storylines involving Abyss and Rellik and James Mitchell (who deserves so much better than to just be the manager of a piece of shit like GolDustin Reignnels) that turn into bloody brawls. But yeah, that's something that can be said about all of TNA. The sensical storylines, I mean, not necessarily the bloody brawls.

Yeah...as someone who has watched the Abyss character from the beginning...I never see that anymore.

Mainly because the dude just puts on some great performances when it clicks.

You can play a bad character...but once you earn some respect...I just see a good worker.

Now if only they could stop having the same match with worse opponents every month...

That'd e nice.