TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers for 11/22

- Chris Sabin defeated Abyss and Brother Devon in a Triple Threat Match.

- Samoa Joe defeated Johnny Devine and Kip James in a Triple Threat Match.

- AJ Styles defeated Jay Lethal and Christian Cage in a Triple Threat Match.

- ODB defeated Velvet Sky (Talia Madison) and Angelina Love (Angel Williams) in a Triple Threat Match.

- Booker T came out to cut a promo, but was interrupted by Robert Roode, who issued a challenge for later tonight.

- Eric Young & Gail Kim defeated Jimmy Rave & Christy Hemme.

- James Storm and Eric Young had their second beer drinking contest. Eric won, but got laid out by Storm afterwards, who bloodied him.

- Team 3D defeated Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal in a Street Fight.

- Rhino defeated Rellik (although yesterday it sounded like Riddick, it was Rellik tonight).

- Booker T defeated Robert Roode. After the match, Christian attacked Booker T along with Roode, but Kaz made the save.

- Kaz, Abyss, Scott Steiner & Samoa Joe defeated AJ Styles, Tomko, Kurt Angle & Christian when Joe pinned Christian.

- In a match taped for Xplosion, Johnny Devine defeated Petey Williams.

Hmm..Still no Sting. I wonder if he's just going to silently retire or if they are hard in negotiations for him to re-sign.

I don't know, there is something about these spoilers that doesn't seem right. Some people wrestling twice on the same show? Are these real?

They're legit, here is more details......

TNA Impact tapings

November 13, 2007

Orlando, Fla. at Universal Studios

Report by David Tuthill, PWTorch VIP member

TNA returned for a second day's worth of tapings. They were taping for different weeks and it was hard to keep track of what went where, but here are the results:

(1) Chris Sabin defeated Brother Devon and Abyss in a three-way. I suppose this was the first round of the "Turkey Bowl" that was taped yesterday

(2) Samoa Joe defeated Johnny Devine and Kip James in a three-way. Havok changing his name was just the beginning for names tonight. Joe won with an Island Driver on Havok.

(3) A.J. Styles defeated Christian Cage and Jay Lethal in a three-way. Cage didn't come out at first, so it was Styles and Lethal early. When he did, Styles ran away from him. Cage had Lethal beat with an Unprettier but Styles hit a springboard splash while Cage was turned for the pin.

(4) ODB defeated Velvet Sky (Talia Madison) and Angelina Love (Angel Williams). Very odd to change the names of the wrestler's who have already been on TV. Okay match. ODB won with a top rope thesz press. She is really great. The women's division in TNA has been a big surprise.

Booker T and Sharmell come out for a promo. He says he's in TNA to make it the best company in the world and that he's gunning for the World Title. Robert Roode comes out and the two banter back and forth before security gets in between them. They agree to a match later.

(5) Jimmy Rave & Christy Hemme defeated Eric Young & Gail Kim. The Rave/Hoyt/Hemme act are being called the "Rock 'n' Rave Infection." That isn't a typo. After the match, James Storm comes out and challenges Eric Young to a speed drinking contest. Whoever can drink the most in 60 seconds wins the belt. It was funny seeing Young win despite pouring 90 percent of the beer down his chest. After Young is declared the winner, Storm breaks a bottle over his head and lays him out. Young bleeds VERY heavily. It's kind of odd to do such a heavy angle in a comedy feud, but this certainly got over.

(6) Team 3D defeated Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal in a Streetfight. They brawled around early, with Dutt and Lethal both doing dives into the crowd. Dutt landed a flip van terminator with a trash can. Johnny Devine came out and distracted Dutt and Lethal, enabling the Dudleyz to nail the 3D for the pin.

(7) Rhino defeated Relic. Short. Rhino with the Gore. Black Reign hits the ring for a 2on1 post match, and Abyss makes the save. We're running on a treadmill with these guys.

(8) Booker T defeated Robert Roode. Pretty standard match here, but you can definitely tell Booker is a lot happier. Roode went for a chairshot and Booker got out of the way and nailed a leg lariat and hit the Axe kick for the win.

(9) Samoa Joe & Kaz & Scott Steiner & Abyss defeated Kurt Angle & Christian Cage & Tomko & A.J. Styles. Why won't they call him Kazarian? Great, long, match. The finish was all eight guys coming in with one of their trademark moves, Joe poking A.J. in the eyes, Cage setting up Joe for an Unprettier until A.J. nailed him blind with a kick before Joe hit Cage with the Island Driver and pinned him. Afterwards, The Outsiders came out to the top of the ramp and clapped for Joe. Go out of your way to see this one.

XPLOSION MATCHES

(1) Johnny Devine defeated Petey Williams. Devine won with a Double Underhook Piledriver.

(2) VKM & Roxxi Lavaugh defeated Chris Harris, Shark Boy, and Angelina Love (Angel Williams).

Basically the first three matches are qualifyers for the "Turkey Bowl" match that was taped last night, so those three matches, the Turkey Bowl match and random other bouts (probably a few from last night?) will air on Thanksgiving. The rest of the mess will air the week after. So they just went ass backwards on all of that Turkey Bowl nonsense basically.

The spoilers from Monday's taping sounded alot more logical and coherant than this. So we all have the results from all the shows leading into the next ppv. I aint impressed at all.

And it sounds like Sting is just going to be written out of the company with absolutely no follow up from the ppv where he was made to look rather lackluster.

Now knowing that this show is going to be for the next three weeks, combined with last nights, it's more logical. It's not coherant, but it's logical. I am interested to see where everything gets placed and how it comes off. Some of the matches sound really good on paper, especially the 8-man tag.

Yeah the 8 man looks like it has potential - one thing out of these tapings is that the Christian/Styles stuff has been addressed more than prior. Looks like we may in for a feud with those sooner than later. I still cant tell if Styles or Christian would go face though.

It's a little odd, though, that I see nothing for followup on Christian/Booker T here - I would assume that match will be at the next ppv.

Yeah the 8 man looks like it has potential - one thing out of these tapings is that the Christian/Styles stuff has been addressed more than prior. Looks like we may in for a feud with those sooner than later. I still cant tell if Styles or Christian would go face though.

It's a little odd, though, that I see nothing for followup on Christian/Booker T here - I would assume that match will be at the next ppv.

On another set of spoilers I saw, Christian attacks Booker after the match but Kaz runs in for the save against Cage and Rhoode.

It's almost pointless trying to read and keep up with these spoilers as they are taping things out of sync. I'll just wait and watch it on Impact.

I wonder if we'll get a load of backstage Sting vignettes about he "hasn't got it anymore after being beaten by Angle twice in three weeks".

I'll give TNA huge credit for one thing. The women's division is very top notch and the matches have been so brutally awesome. Kong just killing people and the whole division has me interested.

And Eric Young seems like whenever he is involved, the crowd actually gives a damn. Shame he'll never rise above the comedy angle guy who gets the crap beat out of him before stealing the feud victory.

I can't stand ODB. I'll admit, I have only seen her TNA work, but aside from her gimmick being terrible and annoying as fuck (even more so with the flask tonight) she's a shitty wrestler. Talia Madison outclassed her in every way tonight.

Good main event, and AJ getting the turkey suit is a classic humilating move on a heel.

I marked for Kong catching and eating the thrown turkey leg.

I can't believe anyone would find this entertaining. I was sitting there watching this thinking how in the fuck can this shit be this damn bad. I don't know whats worse...the IDIOCY of all the angle bullshit or the fact that stupid motherfucking idiot tenay has to give a fucking PLAY BY PLAY of the dinner table and AJ putting on that stupid suit! "Aj slips one leg into the turkey suit...."... Holy fucking shit tna is so bad. how can anyone like this..this makes the mid 90s wwf look like the fucking 80s nwa.

The thanksgiving segment was very hit or miss. There were some funny moments (' I didn't know Kamala was coming' and 'don't worry honey they won't eat you') but it probably was a few segments too long.

I thought the thanksgiving stuff was pretty funny.

My only problem with Impact was the turkey suit segment going on for what seemed like forever.

As for Tenay and West, I have no problem with Tenay, but I do have a problem with West.

Good main event, and AJ getting the turkey suit is a classic humilating move on a heel.

I can't believe anyone would find this entertaining. I was sitting there watching this thinking how in the fuck can this shit be this damn bad. I don't know whats worse...the IDIOCY of all the angle bullshit or the fact that stupid motherfucking idiot tenay has to give a fucking PLAY BY PLAY of the dinner table and AJ putting on that stupid suit! "Aj slips one leg into the turkey suit...."... Holy fucking shit tna is so bad. how can anyone like this..this makes the mid 90s wwf look like the fucking 80s nwa.

Fucking fucker fuckity fuck. Did you say fuck? FUCK.

:lol: :lol: :headbang:

Sorry...Tenay and West just drive me absolutely crazy. I think Tna would be a lot more bearable to me if it wasn't for those two idiots. They are so bad that even if something is good, they make it horrible. Of course part of this is tna's management fault for making them read from a script and telling them how to call things but jesus christ they are without a doubt the worst team in wrestling history.

:lol: :lol: :headbang:

Sorry...Tenay and West just drive me absolutely crazy. I think Tna would be a lot more bearable to me if it wasn't for those two idiots. They are so bad that even if something is good, they make it horrible. Of course part of this is tna's management fault for making them read from a script and telling them how to call things but jesus christ they are without a doubt the worst team in wrestling history.

I totally agree. It's too bad, because both have shown ability in the past. In the early PPV days, West was goofy but not obnoxious, and in WCW Tenay was great as the knowledgable color commentator. Now they're just abysmal.

I liked Tenay/West's style back in the earlier days. It gave the company it's own distinct sound. Now, both guys go from robotic reading to JR levels of yelling. It all just sounds very forced.

I liked Tenay/West's style back in the earlier days. It gave the company it's own distinct sound. Now, both guys go from robotic reading to JR levels of yelling. It all just sounds very forced.

It is forced because its so blatantly scripted with most of everything they are saying. It seemed more evident than ever on this past weeks show. There was some cutaways and cut-ins to new matches/segments where it was REALLY bad in that sense. Don West, particularly, cannot read from a script well at all.

Overall, I did enjoy this weeks show though. Pretty solid bouts all around, the last match in fact was easily one of TNA's strongest TV main events in awhile, and the Angle skits were hokey at times, but nothing too offensively bad/hard to sit through. In fact I thought they were entertaining. Clear Russo influence on Chris Harris showing up to the place though. Something he said around the lines of that this is the only way he can get screen time on TNA, etc. And of course the knock on Pacman Jones was pretty good.