TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL WEEK ELEVEN- Proving grounds.

To steal Pro-Wrestling verbage: THAT'S being a fucking heel.

I *want* to see the Patriots go undefeated. I want to see it happen, so I'm rooting the bastards on. They are so uncaring, and so arrogant over who they are, and what their going to do, that you can just see it on their faces. I don't think there's a team in the league that can even stop this. The Steeler's defense might give them a pause, but they'll be eaten alive.

This is *great* TV.

I'm not going to honor an undefeated season unless they put up 60 on Miami.

Do that, and I'm on the bandwagon for the season.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I still hate New England, but I've given up on hoping they lose. That way if they do, I can jump up and down and shit and cum all over the carpet.

Someone has to actually get to him for that to happen though.

Well, if they get him to run past the line of scrimmage and he slides, they could just Trent Green his ass. :ph34r:

I guarantee anyone who even lays a hit that's even slightly dirty on Brady is going to get his ass handed to him by Goodell. No one's going to give up half their salary for one hit on Brady.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

Well, if they get him to run past the line of scrimmage and he slides, they could just Trent Green his ass. :ph34r:

I guarantee anyone who even lays a hit that's even slightly dirty on Brady is going to get his ass handed to him by Goodell.

Noooooo, THE LEAGUE is out to get the Patriots, so the guy would get a break.

That said, somebody's gonna fuck Brady up. It's but a matter of time, and don't give me this "they'd have to get to him first! :) " shit either, Cartman. It'll be after the play, before he can get back into position, some guy is just gonna take him out, and when this happens, I will jump for joy. To hell with fines, anyway. I bet lots of guys would chip in to cover a fine.

I guarantee anyone who even lays a hit that's even slightly dirty on Brady is going to get his ass handed to him by Goodell. No one's going to give up half their salary for one hit on Brady.

As well he should. This stuff was pathetic when I saw it the year Manning and the Colts were destroying teams and he was still tossing touchdowns up by 35 late in the fourth quarter.

If the Colts were going for it on fourth and one up by 35 against the Patriots, I say good on em. Maybe the Patriots defense makes a play and gets the team back some momentum. If they can't, oh well then the Patriots are down 42. Make a play and at least leave with your balls still in place. And yes, I do feel New England is running up the score just like I felt the Colts were. But it wasn't the Colts job to stop scoring two years ago and it's not the Patriots job to stop scoring now.

The Patriots traded their first round pick in 2007 to the 49ers for a 2007 4th round pick and a 2008 first round pick.

WHY DID THE PATS RUN UP THE SCORE ON KEVIN EVERETT APPRECIATION NIGHT???

WHY???!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he didn't rehurt his neck watching the Pats run up and down the field

"I have no problem with that," Jauron said of the earlier fourth-down tries. "It's our job to stop it."

As for the running up the score...

I don't know if anybody else caught the stat, but the Patriots had 6 straight 60+ yard drives! It's not like the Patriots were getting the ball at the Bills 30 and scoring from there, drive after drive.

When the Bills are letting the 4th string/5th string RBs in Heath Evans and Kyle Eckel gash them for 5-8 yard gains constantly, the onus is on the defense to stop the Patriots. Brady and Moss were pulled with 11 minutes left and the Patriots still had a 7 minute, 8 second drive of 41 yards after that!

Considering the ill will the other would probably have for Belichek in general, I'm pretty sure the guy'd have some teammates who'd help him out on the fine. Hell, it's not like the fine would be that huge considering some of the dirty plays we've seen in recent years.

I don't think the guy would be looking at just a fine if he hits Brady after a play.

If done right, his teammates wouldn't be able to lay a finger on the guy. Hell, Buffalo could have done it last night when Brady slid and the offending player wouldn't have been touched by any of Patriots on the field aside from maybe the receivers and most of those guys aren't really someone to fear.

Watching the game inbetween the PPV last night, I saw about 6 or 7 plays including the play I just mentioned where Brady could have gotten royally fucked and and the retaliation would have been nil. I don't really a shit either way about the whole thing, but Billy Boy is tempting fate by doing what he's doing and Golden Boy Tom might end up paying for it as a result.

I don't think the guy would be looking at just a fine if he hits Brady after a play.

If done right, his teammates wouldn't be able to lay a finger on the guy. Hell, Buffalo could have done it last night when Brady slid and the offending player wouldn't have been touched by any of Patriots on the field aside from maybe the receivers and most of those guys aren't really someone to fear.

I wasn't talking about retaliation. I was talking about league office taking actions against the guy. Charles Martin took a serious hit on Jim McMahon in 1986 and was promptly suspended two games. In Goodell's world, it'd be even worse. It's really honestly not worth it.

In the heat of the moment, the guy would might do would probably not give a shit about missing games. The rationale behind doing it is all about the instant gratification and not giving a fuck about what happens afterwards.

After all, football players are revered for their rational thought processes and long-term planning.

Ok so suppose Kimo Von Oelhoffen or whatever his name is does it, gets suspended for maybe 4-6 games, Pittsburgh suffers for it. All I'm saying is it's a bad idea. If you don't like what the Patriots are doing, then outwork them in the week leading up to the game, and outplay them in the game. Simple as that.

Well, duh, Pittsburgh won't do shit, they're playing for something. It'll come from the Dolphins or Jets, who have nothing more to lose. That moral victory could be the only victory Miami gets.

After all, football players are revered for their rational thought processes and long-term planning.

Exactly. People who haven't been in that situation really don't get what's going through any of the defender's mind when planning any sort of on-field retaliation. Hell, I've seen guys grabbing a QB's leg in the middle of a scrum after a sack and punch the shit out of it. Stepping on arms, legs, and feet intentionally, trying to poke eyes out, punching people in the stomach(actually happened to me a few times), hitting QBs from two different directions... it's all entirely possible.

Well, I was a fetus at the time, so my scarring is minimal at best.

It seems extremely petty to intentionally injure someone because his team is better than yours. I sort of see where you guys are coming from in terms of sending a message, but taking away a fellow player's livelihood out of spite seems incredibly short-sighted and vindictive. How could you rationalize that sort of action?

I don't think I've ever seen as big a call for headhunting as I have on these boards the last month or so. I think it's shite, personally... if you can't stop them legit, then purposely inflicting a career-ending injury is not the way to go

What amuses me is that no one was advocating headhunting when TO was pissing people off right and left and essentially making himself a prime candidate for headhunting, but Brady has a monster season and suddenly it's "Take him out!"

the reason no one has taken a dirty late hit on Brady and no one will is that they will get a 4 game suspension and possibly blackballed if they are expendable enough. Some sort of "pride" is never worth losing 4 paychecks. If you dont like them running up the score...stop them like a man.

It seems extremely petty to intentionally injure someone because his team is better than yours. I sort of see where you guys are coming from in terms of sending a message, but taking away a fellow player's livelihood out of spite seems incredibly short-sighted and vindictive. How could you rationalize that sort of action?

There is no rationalization for it. It's a purely impulsive reaction. Defensive players don't give a shit that it's petty, nor do offensive linemen who do much of the same shit. Like I said before, it's all for that instant gratification and to hell with the consequences. Frustration is a really scary thing in a physical sport like football where you generally have the right to knock the shit out people at any given moment during a play.

I don't think I've ever seen as big a call for headhunting as I have on these boards the last month or so. I think it's shite, personally... if you can't stop them legit, then purposely inflicting a career-ending injury is not the way to go

I'm not advocating it, just saying that Belichek might want to think a little bit more about Tom's well-being when doing what he's been doing.

He pulled him with ELEVEN minutes left in the 4th! When was the last time you saw a QB pulled in a blowout any earlier than the beginning of the 4th?

What amuses me is that no one was advocating headhunting when TO was pissing people off right and left and essentially making himself a prime candidate for headhunting, but Brady has a monster season and suddenly it's "Take him out!"

It's because Tom Brady is a black ma

fuck

A couple of things:

1. I think what bothers people about the Patriots is not that their winning games, but the fashion in that their winning them. Its one thing to win in a convincing fashion but its another thing to pile it on to people and pretty much humiliate them. I can cite two glaring examples. The first being the Washington game, when the Pats where up by 38 went for it on 4th down and scored a touchdown while being up by 38 and having the game pretty over by then. The second being when they where driving into the Buffalo endzone and going for it on 4th and then scoring a TD instead of taking the field goal. In both instances the game was already decided and I (like many others here) thought scoring was just bad sportsmanship. I know in pro sports the motto is stop them if you want to them to run up the score, but piling it on instead of just punting or taking the field goal really sours me on the Pats.

2. Bill Belicheck or whatever, has really succeeded in turning what was a feel good story in 2001 into the most hated team since the Yankees in 2007. He is good at what he does, but he really is a poumpous, arrogant, aloof asshole.

3. Those who are calling for the head of Brady (or legs) are being quite overzealous, but the football gods have a way of evening out the score over time.

4. Patriot fans quite honeslty should stop wasting their time on here trying to defend their team and enjoy the sucess while it lasts. People who hate the Pats, will hate them and their is nothing you can really do. Just enjoy it, for gods sake. (cause I sure did during the Lakers heyday years ago).

When the Bears ran roughshod over the NFL, it was cool, because you had Emperor Meatball getting in fistfights with his d-coordinator, a weird-ass loudmouth quarterback, the greatest running back of all time, and a big fat guy named "The Fridge," and then they all got together and made a rap song. Also, they weren't busted for cheating. There's nothing to like about the Patriots, nor was there ever anything to like about the Patriots, and don't give me an iota of that "it was nice that the Patriots won after 9/11" shit, because it means nothing to Washington and New York that Boston won a Super Bowl. How does this "they were liked before!" crap get perpetuated? Everyone I knew was rooting for the Rams.