TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Rank Wes Anderson

I just saw Rushmore for the first time in years and I previously had it toward the bottom of Wes Anderson films - I was wrong. Great movie. Wes Anderson has yet to make a bad movie.

Rank 'em:

1. Royal Tenenbaums

2. Rushmore

3. Bottle Rocket

4. The Darjeeling Limited

5. Life Aquatic

And I loved The Life Aquatic. Just an amazing resume, so far. How would you have them?

Haven't seen Bottle Rocket yet but my brother owns it on DVD so I should watch it sometime next weekend.

My list of what I've seen

1. Royal Tennebaums

2. The Darjeeling Limited

3. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

4. Rushmore

I might have to watch Rushmore again. I liked it well enough but I guess I must have had high expectations or somethin'.

No Darjeeling yet, so I'll go with the first four:

1) Rushmore

2) Bottle Rocket

3) Royal Tenenbaums

4) Life Aquatic

Rushmore is absolute brilliance. I've always thought that The Royal Tenenbaums was overrated - it's got some great stuff in it, no doubt. But it was a little too contrived for my tastes - too eventful, I guess. It just didn't seem to mesh with a guy whose first two movies were more understated. Bottle Rocket is brilliant, and would rank first if it wasn't for Rushmore's amazitude.

I've actually only seen Bottle Rocket and Life Aquatic, and neither one impressed me much. Life Aquatic was better, but maybe I should check out Royal Tennenbaums or Rushmore...