TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tbondrage99

X-Men: Messiah Complex

Since this folder is in need of new topics toget people using it again and since this is Marvels next big event (I guess) then I figured it would be a good one to talk about.

With event burnout I wasn't sure if I was going to be picking this up or not. I'm still not sure about it or not but did at least pick up the one shot that starts it off. I actually liked it enough to guarentee that I will at least buy the Hardcover when it comes out. Anyone else pick it up?

The premise is that the first new mutant baby in years has been born and the Marauders and Purifiers were both after it. The X-Men arrived in the small Alaskan town where the baby was born and found the town in ruins, with the child missing, and they're not sure which group got to it first. I've read chapters one and two so far, and I'm enjoying it at this point.

I know I'll end up buying it but, with so much on my table right now, not to mention that money sucking whore called Christmas, even with the new found glory of the Canadian dollar I'll end up missing the first few issues so odds are I'll get the Hardcover.

I haven't been following it, but it's Brubaker, so it's definitely worth checking out. I love his work on Captain America and Iron Fist right now.

I was broke for a while and couldn't keep buying comics, but I tried catching up this week. I couldn't find the Chapter 3 issue of X-Factor anywhere, but I found chapters 4,5,6, and 7. There has been a big surprise in almost every issue and some compelling developments, it was a lot of fun to just read that many chapters in a row without having to wait. I also filled in the blanks as far as what happened in the issue of X-Factor I missed, so while I still want to get it eventually, I didn't lose out like I'd feared.

Good stuff from what I've read so far, which is up until chapter six. I also missed chapter 3 from X-Factor since I've never bought a single X-Factor issue since this last run. Anyway, I've enjoyed this crossover a lot and cannot wait for the next chapters. Best X-Men crossover I've read since I don't know when.