TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

Hitman

hitman_teaserbig.jpg

The "Hitman" is a genetically-engineered, elite assassin known only as Agent 47. His hallmarks are lethal grace, unwavering precision, and resolute pride in his work. But even 47 couldn't anticipate a "random equation" in his life exactitude: the unexpected stirrings of his conscience and the unfamiliar emotions aroused in him by a mysterious Russian woman.

Release Date: 11/21

It's based off of the game.

Anyone else gonna see it? I think I'm gonna go see it tonight.

I got a free ticket because I bought Live Free or Die Hard......still not sure if I want to go. The ad's make the movie look very bland.

So far the only critic to give it a positive review is Ebert.

Ebert's given everything a good review since he came back too (Except for Southland Tales which is apparently so shitty even he gave it a bad review). I still like reading his reviews for the most part but it's hard to see him give shit like August Rush ***

Despite its title, in every crucial respect the picture shoots nothing but blanks...it's Uwe Boll bad.

So far the only critic to give it a positive review is Ebert.

Ebert's given everything a good review since he came back too (Except for Southland Tales which is apparently so shitty even he gave it a bad review). I still like reading his reviews for the most part but it's hard to see him give shit like August Rush ***

Ebert goes through different phases of how tough he is on movies. Hell, twenty years apart, he rated Anaconda higher than Godfather Part 2. Check out some of the older S&E episodes from the 80s to see what I mean. But in the case of Hitman, he said he found the main character of 47 and his relationship with the girl to be interesting, while the action scenes bored him. Oddly, that's almost the exact same basic review he gave Transfomrers.

Just watched it and it was a good movie. Timothy Olyphant proved me wrong and made an excellent 47.

The story was quite confusing and having it start near the end and backtracking didn't help but it was a fun movie that stayed true to its roots. A really fun film.

See, I never watched Deadwood so it's hard for me to picture Olyphant as anything other than a low down dirty scumbag sorta character. That scene where he faces off with the other bald guys in the train does look cool though.

I know nothing about this game series, by the way.

Honeslty, I always thought that Ben Kingsley would have made a great agent 47. He may look a little older then what they wanted, but I think he could have played the part well.