TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jorge Gorgeous

Sean Taylor Dead

I know Mecca's an idiot and has a stupid sig/av/whatever, but really there's no point in blowing what he said out of proportion just because a lot of people like to do that all the time anyway. This is a tragedy, it doesn't make much sense right now (though we may find out more in the future) and a 24 year old man just died. Mid-life crisis was puberty for this guy. That's fucked up.

Snuffbox; I don't see much spinning room treatment, a lot of people are shocked the guy died and with good reason. You don't think he deserved to die? What kind of thing is that to say? Retarded.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

I think we're going to find out some pretty unsavory stuff down the line. We usually do. Remember the last Miami player that got killed? "What a tragedy, I can't believe it" soon became "....oh. Well then." What's wrong with saying "I don't think he deserved to die"? What did you want him to say? "Bitch had it coming"?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...11/20/vick1126/

Here's a good article on how Vick and others dug their figurative/literal graves by not figuring it out. Nothing we don't know, but hey, it's something to browse.

What's wrong with saying "I don't think he deserved to die"? What did you want him to say? "Bitch had it coming"?

Because why type that in the first place? Why would anyone think he deserved to die at this point? It's just a stupid thing to point out. I don't think a young man deserved to be killed? Well no shit. It's pretty much implied.

And I know spitting on people isn't accepted anywhere, especially in sports, but what I meant by that was if you hear about a player spitting on someone and then they get shot and killed a few years later I wouldn't say "Well, the mutha fucka did spit on people." I don't think that counts as "troubled past".

Well the spitting was in addition to multiple fines for late hits, a drunk driving charge and threatening a man at gun point. You can start making excuses for him, but that's a string of incidents that show immaturity. When said player gets shot in some sort of apparent home invasion, it doesn't take a huge leap to try and link the two together.

Whether that's fair or not isn't really my call, but "troubled past" is part of the narrative of his life.

Never said he was smart, I am saying he didn't have a trouble past. The DUI was thrown out of court, because A: he wasn't swerving or anything and there was no reason to pull him over (that is according to the Judge, not me) .

He then passed a roadside sobriety test and was not visably drunk(once again, judges call, not mine). Then he refused to take the breath test because he got pissed off that they were still fucking with him (or he was drunk off his ass, and wanted to hide it. Who knows, who cares). And he allegedly threatned 3 people with a gun over some stolen property. Thats it.

Thats all you, me and any of the press knows. Late hits? get the fuck outta here. Now Dick Butkas and Ronnie Lott have troubled pasts too? He was a safety. Safteys get late hits. The spit thing shows immaturity.

So once again, saying he was turning his life around from a troubled past is just a plain misleading statement. If you want to say he started to mature, then fine, but once again, to say this kid life might have caught up with him like that idiot Michael Wilbon is doing is at very best VERY premmature.

Until something else is exposed, this was a 24 year old, son of a cop that got in trouble this one time, but according to the press and editorials all over the place, he was just some thug. The same press that thinks its cool and heroic when some person shoots and kills someone that broke into their home. But Taylor, this one time when he was 22 was stupid and tried to threaten people into giving his stolen property back and all of a sudden he was in love with violent life and refused to let it go(Michael Wilbon's words).

Fuck that. If he was running drugs behind the scene then yeah, run him in the ground. But these questions into his past and all his "troubles" are just bullshit at this point.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Sean Taylor was awesome at football. I enjoyed watching him play and appreciated his talents. I have no comment on him as a person.

(P.S. I just cut him from the Redskins in my old Madden 07, moved him to the Jets, renamed him to Abram Elam, and edited his appearance and stats [down to a 73 overall from a 92, damn] using these lovely spreadsheets you can find. Sean Taylor lives on in... Abram Elam.)

What about his life was he turning around though. He had only been in trouble once, and that was when he was trying to get some stolen property back.

He should have called the cops about it, and it was pretty stupid for him to try and get the stuff back himself, but still, thats pretty much all of his "troubled past". No I don't count late hits or spitting at another football player as things that make ones past troubled.

And, only in Atlanta, minutes after talking about how this guy in Texas, Joe Horn, is a hero for shooting and killing two burgulars in Texas, the EXACT same radio guy talks about how this will probably have something to do with Taylors "oft-troubled" past....when the only trouble in his past is pulling a gun on thieves.

Well...maybe not only in Atlanta.

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. And the two burgulars wre breaking into an unoccupied neighbors house, which presented no direct threat to himself. Yet he is a "hero" for killing them, but Taylor is somehow a common thug because he confronted a guy who stole his ATVs with a gun....seriously WTF!?!

I am really not in the mood to get into this type of discussion right now, but yeah, thanks for bringing up that point Ripper.

Although I'm an Eagles fan, I always liked Sean Taylor. I use to play safety back in HS, so I always had a soft spot for good safetys. Taylor could've been a HOF player, he had the tools no doubt in my mind. He would lay motherfuckers out. It's such a tragedy that someone so young and talented is taken away from us, before the prime of his career. It's mindblowing and sad, it's really ashame things like this happens.

Although I'm an Eagles fan, I always liked Sean Taylor. I use to play safety back in HS, so I always had a soft spot for good safetys. Taylor could've been a HOF player, he had the tools no doubt in my mind. He would lay motherfuckers out. It's such a tragedy that someone so young and talented is taken away from us, before the prime of his career. It's mindblowing and sad, it's really ashame things like this happens.

It's true Sean Taylor was one of the hardest hitters, but the guy really got short-changed as far as his coverage ability went. The way he could close ground and make plays on the opposite side of the field he lined up on. I just think that because so many fans are wrapped up in who can hit the hardest, and that is what usually makes the highlights on Sportscenter it caused a player like Sean Taylor to be mentioned in the same breath as a player like Roy Williams. I mean no disrespect to Roy, he is one of the hardest hitters in the game and technically plays a different position(Strong Safety), but Sean Taylor's game was so much more complete and he was really what allowed the rest of Washington's defense to play the aggressive style they did, because they could count on Sean Taylor back there taking care of that section of the field by himself. Look at the 2005 playoff game against Tampa and contrast what the Bucs offense did before and after Sean Taylor was ejected from the game. The contrast was amazing. That was his second year in the league.

Posts about me, in the thread about Sean Taylor passing away, stay classy guys.

But hey take the time in a thread about a man being dead, to point out that wrestling sucks on a wrestling board....I mean the other million times weren't enough.....that you have to do it in this thread. Some people are like a fuckin broken record around here.

And Vitamin is just mad because he can't pick college football games as good as I can.

He wasn't always that good though was he? I read that he blew as many plays as he made spectacular hits on, when he first came into the league.

I say that was a combination of the schemes and Taylor when he first came in.

In previous schemes, he had to be run support and a underneath guy so he would get caught biting on play fakes from time to time. This year, he has been able to be a real free saftey with them drafting Landry, thus the better numbers in his pass protection game.

He wasn't always that good though was he? I read that he blew as many plays as he made spectacular hits on, when he first came into the league.

Well, he actually had a good rookie season and a better second year, but then Adam Archuleta was signed as a Free Agent to play Strong Safety, and I wouldn't say it was soley because Archuleta sucked or anything and it probably equally had to do with the defensive coaches not properly evaluating his skill-set, but lets just say he was not the right type of Strong Safety for the scheme that Greg Williams uses. In 2006, Taylor's stats were down because he was used a lot more in run support, when ideally a Free Safety should be more of a ball-hawking position. Then we drafted Laron Landry, which was a perfect compliment to Sean Taylor. It allowed Taylor to play the position of Free Safety as it is intended to be played.

No, it probably was because Adam Archuleta sucks.

Mecca, fucking go away; nobody likes you here and it shows.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Some safeties sacrifice one aspect of their game in order to be more successful at another. Darren Sharper gets a lot of interceptions but he also lets up a lot of yards and receptions because he tends to back off* and wait for something he can jump. So the argument goes, he could do better in coverage and trying to keep people from getting open to catch a pass in the first place, but he would rather let them move the ball a little on him so that he can have an opportunity to intercept it, which is a bigger and more important play.

(* This also may be partially due to the Cover 2 scheme in Minnesota, though Sharper specifically has been associated with doing this moreso than the scheme itself.)

Roy Williams is the other guy everybody knows, though I think there's something to be said for the fact that he's probably not capable of good coverage in the first place. Roy Williams is a walking horse-collar tackle; you ever noticed that's literally the only thing the guy ever does on the field, even though they instituted a new rule in the NFL specifically because he kept breaking people's legs to prevent players from making that tackle? They need to start ejecting people for doing it because it's clearly not stopping him.

So with Sean Taylor, his rep was always that he was a big hitter and a ball hawk. Before he got shot-n-killed, he was tied for the NFC lead in interceptions if I recall. I liked him coming out of Miami because he freakin' killed people. Greg Blue was the same way, of course, but he hasn't become a player of the same kind of stature as Taylor was. I think Blue is a backup strong safety on the Vikings right now. He might have been cut.

But yeah, you could make plays on him. He would try to kill you, which meant if he missed (and he did that a lot last season), you were pretty much good to go given the position he played and how far off the line of scrimmage he tended to be. He'd try to make big plays, so sometimes you could maybe get him to bite on a fake, either a play action or a pump-and-go type route. But in the end he was a very talented football player, and I liked to watch him do his thing. I'm sorry that I won't be able to anymore, because I was looking forward to seeing him on the field for many years.

Once I read "severed his femoral artery", I kind of had a feeling he wasn't going to make it. I think the fact that a one year-old girl will never see her father again is the saddest part of this whole thing.

Guest Vitamin X
And Vitamin is just mad because he can't pick college football games as good as I can.

The hell are you talking about, dude? I'm not mad, I'm making fun of you for being a dork.

Besides, we're both 9-3 in that contest, and last I checked, we haven't even played. I've only lost to King, teke, and UZI.

SO.

DAMN.

SENSELESS!

24-year-old black guys who get themselves into bad shit die every day. I hope you give the same attention to those "senseless" deaths as well.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
24-year-old black guys who get themselves into bad shit die every day. I hope you give the same attention to those "senseless" deaths as well.

Um, I think that's something people just say when someone is killed unexpectedly. In reality I think most people are probably just bummed, if they have any emotion at all about it, that they won't be able to see him play football and entertain them anymore.

I'm pretty sure society as a whole hasn't lost anything now that Sean Taylor's no longer a part of it. But the NFL has, and that's pretty much all there is to it.

Posts about me, in the thread about Sean Taylor passing away, stay classy guys.

But hey take the time in a thread about a man being dead, to point out that wrestling sucks on a wrestling board....I mean the other million times weren't enough.....that you have to do it in this thread. Some people are like a fuckin broken record around here.

It's hardly much of a wrestling board anymore, but whatever.

Um, I think that's something people just say when someone is killed unexpectedly. In reality I think most people are probably just bummed, if they have any emotion at all about it, that they won't be able to see him play football and entertain them anymore.

My gripe is when people go "wow. This really puts things in perspective." Does it? This is what it took?

Lawrence Taylor isn't an active player. Him dying would be like when Reggie White died.

Antrel Rolle's comments make it sound like there were quite a few people in Miami who were out to get Sean Taylor.

I'm gonna have to side with snuffbox and Czech on this one. Sean Taylor (a known thug) probably got himself into some bad shit with the wrong people and brought this on himse

MIAMI, Nov. 28 — A top police official here said Wednesday that the evidence collected so far in the investigation of Sean Taylor’s death suggested he was the victim of a random crime and not a premeditated target of his killer.

“I think the issue is a case of random burglary,” Robert Parker, director of the Miami-Dade County Police Department, said at a news conference.

He appeared to play down a theory that the attack was related to a dispute between Taylor and a group of men in southern Miami-Dade County in 2005 that resulted in felony assault and battery charges against Taylor.

“There’s nothing that indicates thus far that there’s some kind of involvement on the victim’s part,” Parker said.

[...]

Well, I'm sure you feel vindicated, since you seem to hate the idea of football players indeed coming from a culture of crime. I still think we'll find out more, though.