TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Senshi Quits TNA

Is TNA still doing that booking by committee shit? If so, it's obviously not working. I'm assuming there's no real hierarchy there, first of all. Secondly, Jarrett/Russo/Dutch as your heads is just asking for trouble, especially with no Vince McMahon (bad example given the nepotism and how bad WWE is?) type figure in place, someone who can crack the whip and act as a filter for the shit that gets past. It's like removing Vince and letting everything Stephanie writes get onto TV... maybe worse since there's no cohesive philosophy among them with all these different ideologies. Too many cooks is all I'm saying.

I'm not suggesting the six sided ring is bad, but if you're trying to attract a majority audience aka your WWE viewers then it certainly doesn't help. And though it's been said time and time again, they've gotta do something with the announce team, whether it's getting rid of the scripts and screaming or getting one of the scores of people who can talk and aren't doing anything into the booth. Not to mention that even with two hours for every Impact they can't manage to slow it down, along with all these intersecting, crossover storylines being far too much.

Is TNA still doing that booking by committee shit? If so, it's obviously not working. I'm assuming there's no real hierarchy there, first of all. Secondly, Jarrett/Russo/Dutch as your heads is just asking for trouble, especially with no Vince McMahon (bad example given the nepotism and how bad WWE is?) type figure in place, someone who can crack the whip and act as a filter for the shit that gets past. It's like removing Vince and letting everything Stephanie writes get onto TV... maybe worse since there's no cohesive philosophy among them with all these different ideologies. Too many cooks is all I'm saying.

I'm not suggesting the six sided ring is bad, but if you're trying to attract a majority audience aka your WWE viewers then it certainly doesn't help. And though it's been said time and time again, they've gotta do something with the announce team, whether it's getting rid of the scripts and screaming or getting one of the scores of people who can talk and aren't doing anything into the booth.

I think Raven could do great as a color commentator. Pair him with Tenay, and cut the screaming out, and things could get better commentary-wise. This certainly doesn't solve the main problems (wacky-ass booking and burying your young talent in stupid gimmicks and squash matches for people like 3D and/or the Steiners).

Tenay probably wouldn't be so horrible if they didn't make him shill. Shane Douglas can't be doing anything important, put him out there. Let West be the over-excited, face announcer, Douglas the total heel, and Tenay, the Professor who calls every single move by it's correct name, then tells us the history of the move.

He did? Well, then take my idea and plug in Simon Diamond. The point is, add a heel to Tenay and West and the announcing quality should theoretically improve.

So, can anyone actually name and date any memorable Senshi matches in the last 2-3 years?

Senshi vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Alex Shelly vs. Jay Lethal vs. Petey Williams vs. Sharkboy - Slammiversary

Senshi vs. Samoa Joe vs. Sonjay Dutt - Impact where Senshi won the X title

Senshi vs. Petey Williams vs. Jay Lethal - Hard Justice

Senshi vs. Chris Sabin - Bound for Glory

And hell,

Low Ki vs. AJ Styles - NWA Title Match

Guest Shylock
He did? Well, then take my idea and plug in Simon Diamond. The point is, add a heel to Tenay and West and the announcing quality should theoretically improve.

Wrong. So long as Don West is on the team, there is no way you can improve anything. He's just slightly more annoying and just flat out worse than even Gabe was. I really cannot see how anyone can justify having him on an announce team when his voice just isn't pleasant on the ears at all. And everytime he tries catch his breath you can hear the gravelly, congested-sounding inhale over the mic. It's very distracting. To me, at least, and I'm not usually fickle about announcers as I could tolerate Lawler when he was at his worst.

They should get rid of Don, tone Mike Tenay down and bring back Shane Douglas for color. Or just fire the both of them, hire Scott Hudson and put him with Douglas instead.

Guest Jearan

Sorry but Senshi could have been TNA champion for 4 months in a row and i wouldn't have remembered. He could have speared himself in the ring half to death and be brought in a hospital and i wouldn't have remembered. I don't know why, but he's the most non-memorable TNA wrestler ever, regardless of anything he'd do. His leaving TNA is the ONLY thing i MIGHT remember.

Guest Jearan

I haven't seen any sharks in the Turning Point thread except for shark boy in the PPV. So i still don't know what you're talking about. As far as Senshi goes, i still think he's the most non-memorable TNA wrestler ever.

Guest Jearan

I think it... do you? Am i so strange? I see him as so non-memorable, it's strange that nobody would think that way too. I think ChrisWok (sp) might have felt the same way when he asked what were his memorable matches... I went further and called him a non-memorable wrestler, regardless of "memorable" matches or events (ie like my spear-to-death analogy) he'd get into...

So, can anyone actually name and date any memorable Senshi matches in the last 2-3 years?

IMO:

Senshi vs Chris Sabin at BFG 06

LAX vs XXX at BFG 07

I know the latter is a tag match, but it still counts. Those are the only two memorable matches he had in his second run of the company.

Going as so far to say he was the most unmemorable wrestler in TNA history is a bit far. Did he leave a mark? No, but at least he had some good matches. TNA has hired (and thank christ fired) least memorable wrestlers than Senshi.

A1 and Trytan come to mind instantly.

I think it... do you? Am i so strange? I see him as so non-memorable, it's strange that nobody would think that way too. I think ChrisWok (sp) might have felt the same way when he asked what were his memorable matches... I went further and called him a non-memorable wrestler, regardless of "memorable" matches or events (ie like my spear-to-death analogy) he'd get into...

Nah his early TNA work was pretty decent, when he wrestled as Low-Ki, but between 2005-Present, I can't think of any real decent matches he had been in. However, some of the ones mentioned in here have jogged my memory a little bit. I wouldn't say he was totally non-memorable, but I don't think I'll miss him from the roster as much as other guys. Certainly the likes of A1 are far more non-memorable - is that even correct English for the term? Seems almost like an Oxymoron.

I think Sneshi just suffered from going through the motions, and I can't really blame the guy as he was totally lost in the mix and ever growing roster.

I'm sure he'll do well in Japan or wherever he goes.

I LOVED his match with Sabin at BFG 06. That was when the X division was doing all the jackass crap during the matches and everyone crapped on it.

They went out there and took a crowd burned out from the previous segment (Angle/Joe pull apart) and got them on their feet through actual wrestling. It's one of my favorite TNA matches.

Senshi's place in TNA history is as a guy who was important to the beginnning of the X division...and he thrived in the beginning because of the smaller roster and the focus on the X division.

His early run was far better than his second one. He had a bunch of good stuff in the first year of TNA. His NWA title match with Truth comes to mind as something that he did that was more than just combinations of him AJ and Lynn.

His NWA title match with AJ in year 2 was also a highlight.

He never really got a chance to do much in this second run...but ironically I think his matches stole both BFG shows that he was on.

I don't see the problem with the six sided ring and why people are harping on it as one of the reasons why TNA sucks so much. The shape of the ring is the least of their worries.

Back on the Douglas thing, actually last I remember reading about him, Douglas joined Justin Credible in the former ECW Champions turned Target Manager club. I would love to see Douglas back doing commentary though.

Maybe Konann, Sting, and Senshi are the smart talent for leaving TNA. Hell, maybe Hall didn't want to waste his comeback on TNA. I don't blame the man.

STING QUIT? WHEN? THOUGHT HE SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT

As far as I'm aware he didn't quit, rather he's just let his contract expire and has opted not to renew.

As far as I'm aware he didn't quit, rather he's just let his contract expire and has opted not to renew.

Granted it was reported through one of the bullshit NEWZ sites so the validity can be questioned. But I read Sting came to TNA instead of WWE because of WWE's raunchiness, and now TNA just tries to emulate WWE so he's disenchanted with the organization.

Well, Senshi is a talent, but him leaving doesn't matter. TNA didn't really do much with him when he was there, other than make him X Division champion, but he was basically forgotten after a month or so.

I've said it before, but TNA is loaded with usable talent. If you had heard who would be in TNA now, three or four years ago, the average wrestling fan would have said "Wow, that sounds like an awesome wrestling fed." The problem is they just aren't doing good, compelling storylines. They aren't putting the whole package together into something you want to see, week after week.

I haven't seen any sharks in the Turning Point thread except for shark boy in the PPV. So i still don't know what you're talking about. As far as Senshi goes, i still think he's the most non-memorable TNA wrestler ever.

fonzi.jpg